Rangers Fans lose legal action against DUFC

Boris

Do they? Dundee Utd had to pay out for security, catering etc for two matches, so why not charge for both?

Do they? Dundee Utd had to pay out for security, catering etc for two matches, so why not charge for both?

Say this happened at Tynecastle. If Hearts then wanted to charge me ?12 to see the replayed fixture, even although I had a season ticket, then I would be more than slightly miffed.

Whether they have a point or not, it's quite amusing to know they'll have had to fork out a fortune in legal fees.

Rudi's Left Peg

Say this happened at Tynecastle. If Hearts then wanted to charge me ?12 to see the replayed fixture, even although I had a season ticket, then I would be more than slightly miffed.

Slightly different scenario however, a season ticket would cover you regardless so that eventuallity would never happen.

An away game however, or even a cup-tie that you have had to ''top-up'' with then yeah i'd be pretty peeved.

I can see both sides of the arguement and they are both right, but as I hate Rangers i'm gonna vote in favour for Utd. :D

Hearts let the Killie fans in for free when our game was moved last season.

The fans paid to see their team play a game of football, that wasn't provided for whatever reason and the club saw it as a chance to grab some more money. In my eyes, that's wrong. You have a duty to the fans and the league to fulfil your fixtures, charging someone twice for the same game is wrong.

But they didn't pay double.

They paid for one and a half football games.

They saw one and a half football games.

Last season's game against Killie was cancelled before it started.

Slightly different scenario however, a season ticket would cover you regardless so that eventuallity would never happen.

An away game however, or even a cup-tie that you have had to ''top-up'' with then yeah i'd be pretty peeved.

I can see both sides of the arguement and they are both right, but as I hate Rangers i'm gonna vote in favour for Utd. :D

I used the ST scenario as if the game is extra, albeit a league one or whatever, then as Dunks says there is the extra cost of policing, security, catering etc etc. Something that wasn't factored into the price of my ST. I'm sure part of the ST contract though allows you entry to all home league games though...

Love your summing up!

But they didn't pay double.

They paid for one and a half football games.

They saw one and a half football games.

Last season's game against Killie was cancelled before it started.

I didn't say double, I said twice.

It's the same fixture. The fans paid full price initially to see Dundee United Vs Rangers, that wasn't delivered, when the fixture was re-arranged those tickets should still be valid for that game. It doesn't matter if the game started or not, that fixture was not played on that night. They didn't get half a point for playing it.

Hearts will have incurred the same costs as DU. Police, food, staff etc will all have been paid. Our club didn't screw over the away fans to claw some more money out of them.

I didn't say double, I said twice.

It's the same fixture. The fans paid full price initially to see Dundee United Vs Rangers, that wasn't delivered, when the fixture was re-arranged those tickets should still be valid for that game. It doesn't matter if the game started or not, that fixture was not played on that night. They didn't get half a point for playing it.

Hearts will have incurred the same costs as DU. Police, food, staff etc will all have been paid. Our club didn't screw over the away fans to claw some more money out of them.

I thought the whole point was that there was no evidence that any of the Rangers fans who attended the first game attended the second game. In addition, the action wasn't even raised by the individual Rangers fans. Dundee Utd had a contract with individual (and presumably, named) fans - not a supporters' club.

The other thing to remember is that the normal contract for football tickets is that money will not be returned under any circumstances - I remember that statement was painted above the McLeod Street turnstiles in the days of terracing. Whether that is reasonable or not is another argument, but the losers in this case were pretty badly advised. It doesn't seem to me that they had any chance of winning.

Sorry Jambo66, I was just talking about the incident as a whole. Not this case specifically.

It does say that money won't be refunded under any circumstances, which is totally fair and written on the back of every ticket as far as I'm aware. That doesn't mean that a fixture being moved will need to be paid for again. I object to the idea that a fan should have to pay again, to watch a fixture that he's already paid for.

i like the insinuation that clubs could seek to deliberately call off games in order to benefit from further ticket revenues.

talk about judging people by your own standards and morals.

get it right the skumbags.

Commander Harris

Nithsdale Loyal lost because they did not have a contract with DUFC, the individual supporters did.

but even taking that away, I imagine the terms of conditions on the ticket stated this policy. ?I'm looking at an old ticket stump from the falkirk game and it states:

"The price of the ticket will not be under any circumstances refunded if the match has to be abandoned after the ticket has been surrendered at the turnstile. ?However, in the event of such abandonment occuring before half-time, the remaining portion of the ticket will permit admittance to the re-arranged fixture."

I imagine there was a similar condition on the Dundee Utd ticket and that it's pretty much standard policy.

How dare Dundee United upset Rangers fans!!!

How dare they!!!

As if I could hate Rangers anymore. How dare they. do they think they are that special?

I've been losing money on abandoned games my entire Heartss upporting life. Who do they think they are.

I wan tan end to the OF and all their fans.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As this has happened to those filthy vermin from Hunville, I put aside all reason and democratic and empathetic thought on the matter and say just this...

Get it right feckin' up ye, ye bunch o' scabby tramps and jakeys. HA!! :lol:

Nithsdale Loyal lost because they did not have a contract with DUFC, the individual supporters did.

but even taking that away, I imagine the terms of conditions on the ticket stated this policy. I'm looking at an old ticket stump from the falkirk game and it states:

"The price of the ticket will not be under any circumstances refunded if the match has to be abandoned after the ticket has been surrendered at the turnstile. However, in the event of such abandonment occuring before half-time, the remaining portion of the ticket will permit admittance to the re-arranged fixture."

I imagine there was a similar condition on the Dundee Utd ticket and that it's pretty much standard policy.

Except the bit about the remaining portion of the ticket allowing entry to the re-scheduled game!

Commander Harris

Except the bit about the remaining portion of the ticket allowing entry to the re-scheduled game!

"occurring before half-time"

Surely it is down to the fans if they choose to pay again??

They didn't have to pay to go again if they didn't want to!!!

I think United were right to at least try and re coup some of the cost of having to play the game again, especially in the present financial climate, What I will say is united and rangers have had a running battle about tickets and sales for a almost a year now, wonder if it would have been a different story if this had been AN Other FC???

Anyway having read the bit in the dundee paper it turns out The nithsdale loyal aint so loyal cos none of them went to the replayed game lol, kinda makes a farce of their argument! that plus the fact the first time they brought it to court they raised it in the wrong court whole thing has been a farce.

I thought the whole point was that there was no evidence that any of the Rangers fans who attended the first game attended the second game. In addition, the action wasn't even raised by the individual Rangers fans. Dundee Utd had a contract with individual (and presumably, named) fans - not a supporters' club.

The other thing to remember is that the normal contract for football tickets is that money will not be returned under any circumstances - I remember that statement was painted above the McLeod Street turnstiles in the days of terracing. Whether that is reasonable or not is another argument, but the losers in this case were pretty badly advised. It doesn't seem to me that they had any chance of winning.

PMSL laughing at that. Not only did the Sons of William not get their money back the SC wasted ?800 on a lawyer who obviously doesn't know his job.

PMSL laughing at that. Not only did the Sons of William not get their money back the SC wasted ?800 on a lawyer who obviously doesn't know his job.

At least they had a lawyer this time, they first raised the action in Glasgow with no lawyer <_<

Total waste of court time!!!

At least they had a lawyer this time, they first raised the action in Glasgow with no lawyer dry.gif

Total waste of court time!!!

The word 'priceless' springs to mind.

As this has happened to those filthy vermin from Hunville, I put aside all reason and democratic and empathetic thought on the matter and say just this...

Is that the closing statement from DUFC's lawyer?!

oh ah grantona

mind the well cup tie in 1999 i dont think that game started. im sure it was pay at gate and they started handing out ticket stubbs im sure i got about 10, on that night you would be lucky if there was 1000 of us (sun 18:05 ko) and the reschedule game was bursting at the seems with jambos all for free i think so funny

CavySlaveJambo

Hearts let the Killie fans in for free when our game was moved last season.

The fans paid to see their team play a game of football, that wasn't provided for whatever reason and the club saw it as a chance to grab some more money. In my eyes, that's wrong. You have a duty to the fans and the league to fulfil your fixtures, charging someone twice for the same game is wrong.

That game hadn't even kicked off then.

And it is what is written in the Supporters Charter.

On the other Hand this game had kicked off and was into the second half so they had got to watch 1.5 matches.

ExPatHeartsman

Motherwell is etched in my mind about 16 years ago

The last time I can remember losing money at an abandonded Hearts game was against Alloa when the fog came down and Ayr United when the floodlights failed, and having met you, i know you're not old enough to have been at any of them.

So to sum up, when you said you'd lost money many a time through abandonded Hearts games, you just made it up :teehee:

That game hadn't even kicked off then.

And it is what is written in the Supporters Charter.

On the other Hand this game had kicked off and was into the second half so they had got to watch 1.5 matches.

The match was called off. I don't care if there have been 80 minutes played, if a game is called off, charging the fans for the same fixture is just wrong. No matter what costs the club may face, the burden shouldn't be passed on to the fans.

marshallschunkychicken

The fans paid for 1 1/2 games of football, and watched 1 1/2 games of football.

Can't see the problem, but the fact that it's them means any sympathy I have would be muted anyway.

Were any of the Dundee United fans affected, or was it just Rangers fans who were inconvenienced?

Remember listening to the game on the day and seem to recall an official of Dundee United placating Chick Young with the news that by abandoning the match at that point, people would be allowed into the rearranged fixture with their stub. Don't know what happened between him saying that and this.

Hate to say it but with Rangers fans on this one. Away fans are regularly turned over and Hearts have been victims too in recent years.

Dunfermline a couple of years ago charging us more than their own. Complaints were ignored till three weeks or so later when they tried to do the same to Rangers, and only then backed down.

St Mirren charging us more than their own at Love St because the seats in the away end were sheltered to one side. Oh right then.

I also remember being hacked off with Livingston's treatment of us but I canny mind why.

They can't get fans to travel like they did before and to be honest no wonder. I have often said (but not carried through) that I would only spend money at Tynecastle and stop going to away games. It's a wee bit harder when you're through in the west coast and there are plenty away matches in the area.

Feel better for that.

It is up to the clubs at the end of the day. It is their house and they set their own rules. Like it or lump it.

If Rangers fans are upset they should not go back to Tannadice.

I am glad the arrogant t*ssers lost.

Whilst Dundee Utd could have been more generous they did not need to be and could have charged more if they wanted. That has always been the case in such scenarios and in any case it appears they chose not to go to the 2nd(ish) game.

It is bad enough their team thinks they can have everything their way without their fans wanting the same.

A good few years back we had a game at Partick Thistle stopped because of snow. The whole half time groundsmen where trying to clear the lines but they were being covered with snow again as quick as they were cleared. The second half started and not long after the game was abandoned. I'm sure we were charged full price for the midweek replay because the second half kicked off.

I wonder how the Serbian fans will get on trying to get their money back from the other night. :whistling:

My thoughts and prayers are with them at this sorry time.

Perth to Paisley

From BBC site ........"Following a two-day hearing at Dundee Sheriff Court, Sheriff Alistair Duff found in favour of Dundee United."

The irony of a same town ref being a homer is priceless :whistling:

I'm not suggesting any skulduggery on the part of the refs :whistling: but dont think I can recall a game that hasn't managed to somehow 'scrape' through till half time before being abandoned !

CavySlaveJambo

I think the outcome could have been different if done as a "class action" of indivudials rather than as a group under the group name.

I'm not suggesting any skulduggery on the part of the refs :whistling: but dont think I can recall a game that hasn't managed to somehow 'scrape' through till half time before being abandoned !

I remember a game about 1970 against a Polish side at Tynecastle that was played in torrential rain and was abandoned after 33 minutes, Hearts refused to give refunds as the game had been playing for over 30 minutes.

The Real Maroonblood

Top post.

Archived