What won't the CIA stoop to?

wibble

Some people find it hard to believe that the CIA are involved in all sorts of skullduggery around the globe.

Here's a classic little story of what these creeps think is acceptable:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7415082/French-bread-spiked-with-LSD-in-CIA-experiment.html

Makes you wonder how many of the conspiracies involving the CIA are true.

I knew that the CIA had experimented with unwitting people and LSD, but to do it to the French is mental.

On a side note, the article refers to psychadelic mould being blamed originally. Now back in the 1500's there were lots of witch trials and there was also a lot of hunger due to a dearth of wheat. Some made bread using this mouldy wheat and as a response started tripping out of their faces.

This is where the popular image of witches on broomsticks comes from - tripping peasants "saw" witches on broomsticks. Many also turned themselves in as witches as they thought they must have been in a response to their trip.

Anyway, back to the point - boo America!

alwaysthereinspirit

I knew that the CIA had experimented with unwitting people and LSD, but to do it to the French is mental.

On a side note, the article refers to psychadelic mould being blamed originally. Now back in the 1500's there were lots of witch trials and there was also a lot of hunger due to a dearth of wheat. Some made bread using this mouldy wheat and as a response started tripping out of their faces.

This is where the popular image of witches on broomsticks comes from - tripping peasants "saw" witches on broomsticks. Many also turned themselves in as witches as they thought they must have been in a response to their trip.

Shouldn't that read "boo the CIA"

Shouldn't that read "boo the CIA"

No, because they are an arm of the US government which represents America, ergo "Boo America".

alwaysthereinspirit

No, because they are an arm of the US government which represents America, ergo "Boo America".

Boo Britain. I'm sure they too have an arm.

Ergotism - from foosty rye bread.

It also resulted in a form of gangrene in which limbs and digits would fall off with no pain or bleeding.

No, because they are an arm of the US government which represents America, ergot "Boo America".

Fixed that for you...! :thumbsup:

JamboInSouthsea

Ergotism - from foosty rye bread.

It also resulted in a form of gangrene in which limbs and digits would fall off with no pain or bleeding.

Ergot is what is used as a starting compound in the manufacture of Lsd...congratulations to Dr. Albert Hoffmann (RIP) for this.

Yep the CIA suck but then again most countries have a secret service which is probably up to no good.

One of the biggest mistakes the CIA made was removing the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran, Mosaddegh, in 1953. Predictably, it was all about oil, as Mosaddegh had nationalized the British oil company that later became BP.

The Iranians have never forgiven the Americans for that coup and feel that they have a score to settle. So far it hasn't gone beyond being a huge irritation for American interests in the Middle East. But, one day, the Iranians will have a nuclear bomb, and I shudder to think where they'll use it. Tel Aviv or New York would be good guesses.

And the Americans will have the CIA to thank when it happens.

One of the biggest mistakes the CIA made was removing the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran, Mosaddegh, in 1953. Predictably, it was all about oil, as Mosaddegh had nationalized the British oil company that later became BP.

The Iranians have never forgiven the Americans for that coup and feel that they have a score to settle. So far it hasn't gone beyond being a huge irritation for American interests in the Middle East. But, one day, the Iranians will have a nuclear bomb, and I shudder to think where they'll use it. Tel Aviv or New York would be good guesses.

And the Americans will have the CIA to thank when it happens.

add on a few other african countries, i know our own has not been a saint but the good old US of A know how to piss of a nation and make it stick for generations.

edit, look at afganisatan (SP I FRIGGING KNOW) the yanks spent a fortune on killing russians but also had it to spend a few million to repair and rebuild compared to the billions it spent on the war, that shows there attitude

If you're interested in knowing more about the CIA's role in the drugs trade, I can thoroughly recommend this book;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-out-Drugs-Press-Alexander-Cockburn/dp/1859842585/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287080587&sr=1-6

The story of how the CIA created markets to sell cocaine in the USA, in order to finance their other operations. The book is well researched, well written, sources all listed - scary scary stuff.

:unsure:

We've not even mentioned JFK yet.

Shot by Cuban hitmen from Miami, who were hired by mobster Sam Giancana, who was given the contract by the CIA, all of whom were fed up with the interference in their operations by JFK's brother, Attorney General Bobby Kennedy.

Is that close?

I know. It's a bit like giving hash to a Labrador. :laugh:

Archived