Andy Goram

KennyMcP

Haven't seen this covered anywhere else.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3177454/Gregsys-gotta-be-No1-now.html

How on earth does he get to this conclusion - "case well and truly closed"?

How can a couple of decent saves against Spain suddenly discount Craig Gordon's storming performances in previous campaigns?

How can the media sudeenly forget how they correctly hounded this cretin for his shameful antics with Barry the Crab?

How can someone with such a dubious personal life be regarded a hero (re: Bill Leckie - Monday's Sun)

http://www.thescotti...be-No1-now.html

How can a couple of decent saves against Spain suddenly discount Craig Gordon's storming performances in previous campaigns?

How can the media sudeenly forget how they correctly hounded this cretin for his shameful antics with Barry the Crab?

How can someone with such a dubious personal life be regarded a hero (re: Bill Leckie - Monday's Sun)

Goram's a Fat Drunken Bigot...Alan McGregor is the New Goram...The Man loves himself :whistling:

The People's Chimp

And yet there were some who argued there was no media campaign to install mcgregor as scotland keeper; it's been going on for years, and was only set back a bit with 'boozegate.'

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/3177454/Gregsys-gotta-be-No1-now.html

The answer is -

The twisted institution that is Glasgow Rangers Football Club and it's vile associates.

And Craig Levein is a puppet of the Scottish media, well known for his pro-Old Firm bias and with no obvious knowledge of, or connection to, his namesake.

I don't think that Gordon need worry too much about this endorsement, even though the boy Gregsy done well.

jack D and coke

Goram is a complete erse but McGregor has been immense since he's been given the gloves and has saved us from some heavy doings. Only a fool would deny it.

The ball is at McGregor's feet and it's up to him but Gordon cannot expect to be given his place back considering AM's performances.

We're in an enviable position when it comes to keepers. They're both top drawer.

The number one jersey is now Mcgregors and its up to him to keep it, after his performances I would say McGregor is now first choice and Gordon is back up.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The number one jersey is now Mcgregors and its up to him to keep it, after his performances I would say McGregor is now first choice and Gordon is back up.

predictable...

kingantti1874

Gordon is the better keeper but levein can't just drop him straight back in unfortunately- he will have to wait for his chance..

Goram's a Fat Drunken Bigot...Alan McGregor is the New Goram...The Man loves himself :whistling:

This. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Gordon is the better keeper but levein can't just drop him straight back in unfortunately- he will have to wait for his chance..

I think this is correct... I much prefer the way you put it too, no attempt at trolling, just a reasonable assesment of the current situation.

Jambof3tornado

McGregor will hit the headlines again soon for non footballing reasons. Its up to Craig to be ready to snatch back the gloves when the time comes!

And so it begins. Again. :rolleyes:

Yes, McGregor probably deserves to keep the jersey for now after those performances but a good few years of top notch performances from Gordon should (if life was fair) keep the pressure on him to keep up the same standards. If he doesn't, Gordon should be right back in there and given the same chance. We have one tremendous keeper and one pretty good keeper so we're in good shape between the sticks but it takes more than one swallow to make a summer - McGregor needs to maintain that sort of level if he wants to put doubt in Levein's mind about who is officially the better keeper.

I'm impressed by his performance but it takes more than one week to make the no1 jersey your own. Or at least, it should....

McGregor will make a mistake sooner rather than later. Hopefully Craig will then be given the chance to reclaim his place.

Could have and should have saved the first, poor penalty.

Should have come out for the third, a cross into the 6 yard box that was in the air for an age, where was he stuck to his line.

He did make some decent saves but nothing "spectacular", saves id expect any decent keeper to make.

Doesn?t fill me with confidence especially with crosses, i.e. third goal, the sooner CG is back between the sticks the better.

Boke.

The commentators were talking up a routine save last night as "reminiscent of Goram at his best". Feck off. This agenda to get McGregor in as number 1 is actually cringeworthy.

"Gregsy" - :facepalm:

jamboinglasgow

Good to see a ex-Rangers goalkeeping legend backing the current Rangers player.

To me what McGregor did yesterday is a normal game for Craig Gordon. Its good to have two really good goalkeepers but how any one thinks McGregor is equal or better then Gordon, I dont really know.

Part of the problem is that Craig Gordon hasn't played for 4 or 5 months so people forget his ability. His performances when he is not injured are almost a different level from McGregor, its hard to describe but Craig Gordon's shot stopping and agility is almost other-worldly in a way (that may sound over-the-top but its the only way I can describe it.) Against Man City last year he kept everything out of his goal, the only way he was beaten was by Adam Johnson producing a strike that was so amazing I doubt even Buffon or Casillas could save it.

The sad thing is, that if Craig Gordon had come through Rangers and McGregor had come through Hearts, this debate would not happen in the media.

Snake Plissken

McGregor is a good goalkeeper.

Gordon is a great goalkeeper.

Case closed.

Goram will forever have a gripe about the Scotland first choice keeper as it was this argument that caused him to retire from the national set up.

At the moment I would find it hard to disagree with him.

It is now up to Macgregor to keep the number 1 jersey.

Alot can happen in 11 months so we'll see. The scotland game before that will probably be a friendly and we'll swap keepers at half time so they both get a run out.

Typical pro old firm paper talk.

Mcgregor might not even be at rangers come next september anyway - there are 2 transfer windows inbetween.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The media can slaver all they want about this but when it comes down to it, Levein more than anyone knows the score with regards to how good Craig Gordon is.

Cheers for two average to good games ya prick. Back to the subs bench for you.

ToadKiller Dog

Its easy for a keeper to look good when in a team that is constantly under attack as in Prague and a lesser extent last night , the real test of a keeper in in a more balanced game and how the concentration holds up in that .

MacGregor has been very good last two games made the saves a keeper of his level should make .

The manager should pick the form keeper at the time 11 months time if you exclude the home nations thing ,If he recover's from his injuries fully that to me would be Gordon by a mile .

I think this is correct... I much prefer the way you put it too, no attempt at trolling, just a reasonable assesment of the current situation.

I disagree. Having watched both games, I think that McGregor made one excellent save against the Czech Republic from the downward header. His tip over the crossbar was standard showboating from him. Craig Gordon would have caught that. The other "save" in the first half was more a case of the ball hitting him. Other than that, he had virtually nothing to do. Against Spain, I agree with Tiger's comments.

McGregor is a very good keeper and, to that extent, we are fortunate to have him as backup to the 3rd world class keeper Scotland has had in my lifetime. Craig Levein has made several mistakes so far as manager, but he would be a fool not to put Craig back in the number 1 shirt as soon as he is fully fit.

Alot can happen in 11 months so we'll see. The scotland game before that will probably be a friendly and we'll swap keepers at half time so they both get a run out.

Typical pro old firm paper talk.

Mcgregor might not even be at rangers come next september anyway - there are 2 transfer windows inbetween.

We've got the Celtic Cup in dublin before our next qualifier hopefully CG will be back as numero uno by then.

jamboinglasgow

The choice:

A decent goalkeeper, as often on the front page of the papers for all the wrong reasons as he is on the back pages, got banned from the Scottish team after a late night drinking session then acted like a child the follow match, suspended for an attempt to kick a player (something he often does), pretended he got hit by a fellow proffesional, plays for Rangers.

or

The most expensive goalkeeper in British football, has had top reviews in the EPL against top strikers, has always preformed at his best for Scotland, has had positive reviews from other top goalies (including Buffon who thought he could go on to become one of the best goalkeepers in the world,) model proffesional, quiet life outside of the club, played for Hearts.

And which one does the media in this country back?

Boke.

The commentators were talking up a routine save last night as "reminiscent of Goram at his best". Feck off. This agenda to get McGregor in as number 1 is actually cringeworthy.

I remember a powderpuff effort which McGregor had to kick away was deemed as a wonderful save and great reactions.

I'd have been disappointed if I had let it in myself.

McGregor has done well and it is hard to drop him, Craig is a better goalkeeper (and person) and will hopefully get back in when he is fully fit. I do worry that he won't though..

Malcolm Tucker

Goram can't remember the last mistake he made? :mellow:

David Witteveen and Kestutis Ivaskevicius will let you know on that one, Andy.

Boke.

Was getting pissed off that with that last night. Every save he made appeared to be a unbelievable save. rolleyes.gif He thought he played well last night but every save he made was pretty routine and should have been saved. Good keeper but he is not at Gordon's level.

sad but true

In keeping with the standard of the rest of your posts IMO.

Allan McGregor is not the best Scotland has; Craig Gordon is.

Andy Goram was a fantastic goalkeeper and probably the best goalkeeper I ever saw at Tynecastle and wasn't far off the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in the flesh, BUT, he is a disgusting human being who should not be listened to on any subject.

A drunk racist who is quite happy to buddy up with murderers because they kick with the same foot as him. Am I correct in saying he beat up his bird as well?

2 good games after sticking his fingers up to the nation against a guy who had 35 consecutive good/outstanding performances.

It's up to CG to get fit, but he got 6 monts before an international game to do that.

Looks like the people who believe that good shot stopping is the only attribute required of a keeper have got their knickers in a twist again.

For Alan "Greegsy" Mcgregor read David "Barcelona" Marshall

One or two attention grabbing displays do not a great keeper make

Patience and the boy will fall to bits, albeit his monstrous arrogance seemingly makes him impervious to criticism........

Goram can't remember the last mistake he made? :mellow:

David Witteveen and Kestutis Ivaskevicius will let you know on that one, Andy.

In fairness, he doesn't have to face players of that quality week in week out.

Goram should stick to what he knows best: rattling teenagers in a leaky Loanhead caravan and drinking himself into a special brew induced stupor.

Wonder how long it will be before McGregor appears on the front page of the Red Tops again with his classy girlfriend.

Wonder how long it will be before McGregor appears on the front page of the Red Tops again with his classy girlfriend.

If he doesn't end up getting arrested for something I'm sure it won't be long before we're treated to a double page spread in the NotW -?At home with Allan & Leah.?Last one had diamante, fake fur and lycra a-plenty. I expect chihuahuas, harem pants and neon in the next installment.

Classy pair.

Guest Dr. Pepper

article-0-04399727000005DC-742_468x309.jpg

:rofl:

Remember when this happened, Christophe Berra was sitting in the middle of the pair of them laughing along like a little school boy trying to fit in? Pathetic reaction IMO. I bet he was asking for the 2 finger salute up his arsehole in the showers after the game of those weegie cretins as well - Berra GTF

According to the BBC gossip page, the S*n is reporting that Sir A F wants to sign the ?5m rated keeper for Man U.

But, but, but ... I thought he was at least as good as Craig Gordon :verymad:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

According to the BBC gossip page, the S*n is reporting that Sir A F wants to sign the ?5m rated keeper for Man U.

Some other gems from BBC gossip page...

*Chelsea and Man UTD set to fight it out over Christophe Berra of Hearts.

*Man UTD weighing up ?10 bid for Rangers ace Boyd.

:rolleyes:

I hope he goes to Manure, would give me one more reason to hate them :ninja:

He is correct,shagger is now Scotlands No 1,right now who is our best keeper,okay in 11 months time his form might have dipped and Craig could be installed but as I say right now shagger is No 1.

He is correct,shagger is now Scotlands No 1,right now who is our best keeper,okay in 11 months time his form might have dipped and Craig could be installed but as I say right now shagger is No 1.

This is absotutely true. Alan McGregor is a better keeper because he doesnt have a broken arm!

Lets all appease the andy goram's (fat bassa) of the world because he will be kept in drink for the next few years with his unbiased comments!

Alan Mcgregor has played well, no mistake but how can he be compared to a Keeper who plays in the best League in the world?

Archived