High School Attended{or not} what was yours ?

Guest vanbasten1874

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• inspector

• N Lincs Jambo

• merrymac

The Old Tolbooth

Oh *** me the Mitchell's are sharp pair eh :lol::angry:

I OF COURSE meant;

Craiglockhart 1970-1977

Tynecastle 1977-1981

(I think :ermm: )

To be fair I never said I was clever :mellow:

It must be the school mate, Linda's not very clever either :peepwall:

Damn, my secret identity is revealed!

Wild shot in the dark - your surname double-barrelled?

It was right up until the Jack Wills thread earlier, changed it now though obviously...

How goes it?

Whitburn Primary, followed by Bathgate Academy, (the original Newland's building, which is now flats, I believe).

St. Mary's Academy, Bathgate, which in my time (mid 80's) included the Newlands side as well, linked by funnily enough the Link Corridor.

It's all indeed now flats.

Few from Bathgate Academy I've noticed, might have thrown snowballs at you lot while waiting for my bus, apologies (proddy bassas :whistling: )

jack D and coke

George Heriots 78-83 then Pinkie Primary 83-85 followed by the "Official worst School in Scotland" Musselburgh Grammar 85-89 :thumbsup:

Feel a right old ^^^^ reading this!

Konrad von Carstein

It must be the school mate, Linda's not very clever either :peepwall:

Wellllll she married you :P so is that confirmation of the above orrrrr...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

St. Mary's Academy, Bathgate, which in my time (mid 80's) included the Newlands side as well, linked by funnily enough the Link Corridor.

It's all indeed now flats.

Few from Bathgate Academy I've noticed, might have thrown snowballs at you lot while waiting for my bus, apologies (proddy bassas :whistling: )

Wee bit confused by all this, but at my age, (I left Bathgate Academy in 1960), that's neither difficult nor unusual.

Could you be referring to the Lindsay High School as the building which was connected to St. Mary's by a Link Corridor, as the old Academy was quite a distance away?

...a bit disco

Dumbryden Primary

WHEC 80-84

You foolin' me boy?!

If thats so I know you then!

Ditto 63-76 (Grumpy Old Man)!! :lol:

Another from Gearge Heriots -- up to 1978 -- stll remember the old houses/teams -- Lauriston, Castle, Greyfriars and one other ?

primary

Hailesland & Murrayburn

secondary

St Serfs - the cheapest & shittiest private school in the country. its now closed.

primary

Hailesland & Murrayburn

secondary

St Serfs - the cheapest & shittiest private school in the country. its now closed.

My ex went to St Serfs, very bizarre school. Pretty sure the bulding was sold a year or so ago as it is essentially a house.

ps. I was also at Murrayburn Primary. Easily the ebst Primary around back then. I think it's degraded quite a lot recently though.

Edited by hughesie27

<BR>It was right up until the Jack Wills thread earlier, changed it now though obviously...How goes it?<BR>

Haha, good idea! It goes good mate, you?

(then proceeds a typical Scottish male conversation...."what have you been up to?" "not much, you?" "nah, nowt" What, for 18 years you have done absolutely nothing?!?!?!)

Edited by seats

Haha, good idea! It goes good mate, you?

(then proceeds a typical Scottish male conversation...."what have you been up to?" "not much, you?" "nah, nowt" What, for 18 years you have done absolutely nothing?!?!?!)

Can't complain mate, sent you a PM to spare everyone else that conversation...

:D

Edited by Pistol1874

Carl Fredrickson

Greenhall High 83-86 ( got kicked out and sent to Telford College for my 4th year)

I fecking hated Jim Murdoch !!!

You must have been in the year below me. PC Murdoch was quite a laid back guy - what did you do? :ninja:

Wee bit confused by all this, but at my age, (I left Bathgate Academy in 1960), that's neither difficult nor unusual.

Could you be referring to the Lindsay High School as the building which was connected to St. Mary's by a Link Corridor, as the old Academy was quite a distance away?

Sorry mate my fault, before my time, was getting my Lindsays and Newlands mixed up :huh:

If I'm right, your Newlands/Bathgate Academy became West Lothian College and then did indeed become flats retaining the clock tower.

St.Mary's is now all flats also.

Somebody remembered house names at school. A few winters have passes since I was at Boroughmuir but I remember a verse that went something

Leamington for brains

Hartington for games

Westhall for nothing at all except ugly dames.

Viewforth was a new house so wasn't included in the rhyme.

Leamington wore yellow house badges, Hartington blue, Westhall red, and Viewforth green.

Bridge of Allan primary 63-70

High School of Stirling 70-76

Snowdon house

table tennis champion 74-76

Best years of my life

Guest GhostHunter

Another from Gearge Heriots -- up to 1978 -- stll remember the old houses/teams -- Lauriston, Castle, Greyfriars and one other ?

Warriston.

I was Lauriston....

Tynecastle 1985-89

Liked: Mr Hansen, Mr Sutherland, Ms Simpson, Hippie Clarke, Miss McPhee Mr Simpson, Miss Scotland*

*deeply ironic name title.

Disliked:

Titheid Parsih and Drunkenarse Haining.

Did you know Charlie Young or Stuart Sadler ? I was at primary with both these lads before they went to Heriots.

Or Graham Spence ? ... was at college with him for a year or so.

This is getting like Friends Reunited :turned:

galashiels academy 85-89

for a school with such a high number of jambos , i can't believe that 8 pages in , i'm only the second person from here

Did you know Charlie Young or Stuart Sadler ? I was at primary with both these lads before they went to Heriots.

Or Graham Spence ? ... was at college with him for a year or so.

This is getting like Friends Reunited :turned:

Yep -- perhaps less said about Charlie the better -- also remember Graham Spence.

PS thanks Dex for the other house name -- Greyfriars for me -- nice white lapel badge.

Jammy swine. :thumbsup:

And not cos he went to Lasswade! :whistling:

:lol:

There's only 12 years between us! Mind you he was leaving school as I went into p2 and he was getting married when I was still at primary :o

Yep -- perhaps less said about Charlie the better -- also remember Graham Spence.

PS thanks Dex for the other house name -- Greyfriars for me -- nice white lapel badge.

Yup,I hope things worked out for him after that bloody (ahem) "mess" he got into ... although I somehow doubt he works in the banking sector anymore.:ermm:

He was a sellick fan at primary school, don't know if he carried that allegience through to his teenage years....

• 7 years later...
Bridge of Djoum
On 10/12/2010 at 18:42, Jambof3tornado said:

Beeslack 85 to 90.

Do you know a girl called Donna Scott? She lived on Rullion Road I think. She's be about 43/44 now.