England Boo Boys

wardie

England drew 0-0 tonight and at FT there were boo's ringing around stadium. These silly confused Englishmen need to understand they are no world beaters. Montenegro are a pretty decent team. Yes they were 5th seeds in the group but they have won 1-0 at home to Wales, 1-0 away to Bulgaria and 1-0 at home to Switzerland, That puts them top of the group 3 pts ahead of England although they do have a game in hand. But Montenegro are Certainly no mugs and the South half of Britain need to just bloody admit they are crap!!!!! really bugs my brains that they think they are super hereos. They have good individual players but thats it!! That is all :verymad:

I boooooood when I heard the result.

England were there for the taking.

Montenegro slackers :angry:

I boooooood when I heard the result.

England were there for the taking.

Montenegro slackers :angry:

I agree! They beat big teams and struggle with Wembley. Sack the manager!

Was there not a documentary on not that long ago titled

'Can England win the World Cup?

The answer to which was seen yet again last night.

The boo boys didn't boo because England failed to win. They booed because England's performance was totally abject. After the humiliation of the summer, the manager hasn't changed anything, we're still picking the same old failures, and his English is somehow getting even worse. So on we drift: providing much mirth for Scots everywhere no doubt, but it's a shambles.

We had the chance to sack someone who's now playing the whole country for an each-way bet and start again. We didn't. The consequences are already being seen.

The answer to which was seen yet again last night.

The boo boys didn't boo because England failed to win. They booed because England's performance was totally abject. After the humiliation of the summer, the manager hasn't changed anything, we're still picking the same old failures, and his English is somehow getting even worse. So on we drift: providing much mirth for Scots everywhere no doubt, but it's a shambles.

We had the chance to sack someone who's now playing the whole country for an each-way bet and start again. We didn't. The consequences are already being seen.

I still maintain it was far off humiliation, far closer to par for the course.

England have hit their average spell. Like other countries their size, they have peaks and troughs of good players and they are currently in a trough. Every time we (for the avoidance of doubt, when I saw "we" I mean the footballing world) get to the chase for hosting tournaments, England's desperate efforts resonate for me. It's not for the tourism, it's not for the prestige and it isn't even to try the old English gambit of "our stuff is always better than other folks stuff". It's a desperate attempt to bring about the magical ingredients to a World Cup win.

As for Scots, I don't think there is a lot of mirth about, I only really found out the score of the England game on this website and despite being in a workplace with English people, it never became a conversation today. Continuing on that and our "mirth", England made the World Cup and performed to near their average standard. We sat at home (again) and watched on the telly. I find it equally belittling when some Scots smirk that they are "just" a good international side as I do when English fans try to draw comparisons between us. As stated in threads like this before. I actually care little whether England win or lose. I do however like a catastrophic result, more for the press/fan reaction than anything else though. To think that we often say that Hearts fans expect too much. This result? Typical qualification group result. England are far from the first "big" country to drop points against one of these teams that are fragments of once huge nations and they will be far from the last.

Not a story for me.

I still maintain it was far off humiliation, far closer to par for the course.

England have hit their average spell. Like other countries their size, they have peaks and troughs of good players and they are currently in a trough. Every time we (for the avoidance of doubt, when I saw "we" I mean the footballing world) get to the chase for hosting tournaments, England's desperate efforts resonate for me. It's not for the tourism, it's not for the prestige and it isn't even to try the old English gambit of "our stuff is always better than other folks stuff". It's a desperate attempt to bring about the magical ingredients to a World Cup win.

As for Scots, I don't think there is a lot of mirth about, I only really found out the score of the England game on this website and despite being in a workplace with English people, it never became a conversation today. Continuing on that and our "mirth", England made the World Cup and performed to near their average standard. We sat at home (again) and watched on the telly. I find it equally belittling when some Scots smirk that they are "just" a good international side as I do when English fans try to draw comparisons between us. As stated in threads like this before. I actually care little whether England win or lose. I do however like a catastrophic result, more for the press/fan reaction than anything else though. To think that we often say that Hearts fans expect too much. This result? Typical qualification group result. England are far from the first "big" country to drop points against one of these teams that are fragments of once huge nations and they will be far from the last.

Not a story for me.

England performed absolutely appallingly at the World Cup. But I certainly agree with you on the peaks/troughs thing. In Europe right now, Spain are at the top but maybe about to commence a long slide down, Germany are on the up and will probably move above Holland shortly, France have bottomed out and could be in very good shape come 2012. But at the other end of the spectrum, Italy are in an incredible mess, and don't have any players coming through; and England, who never got anywhere near Italy's peak to begin with, are in a similar situation.

Football is cyclical. England's cycle looks like being downwards for the next four to six years; Scotland's cycle might just be the opposite. But on what you say about yesterday being 'normal': sorry, no it isn't. Montenegro are ranked one place above Lithuania; and like Montenegro, Lithuania have had some very good results in recent years. So if Scotland play abjectly and draw 0-0 at home to Lithuania, you don't think Scotland fans would boo or be entitled to boo?

England performed absolutely appallingly at the World Cup. But I certainly agree with you on the peaks/troughs thing. In Europe right now, Spain are at the top but maybe about to commence a long slide down, Germany are on the up and will probably move above Holland shortly, France have bottomed out and could be in very good shape come 2012. But at the other end of the spectrum, Italy are in an incredible mess, and don't have any players coming through; and England, who never got anywhere near Italy's peak to begin with, are in a similar situation.

With the noted exception of the first sentence, I agree. The first sentence is not true, England were far from appalling.

Football is cyclical. England's cycle looks like being downwards for the next four to six years; Scotland's cycle might just be the opposite. But on what you say about yesterday being 'normal': sorry, no it isn't. Montenegro are ranked one place above Lithuania; and like Montenegro, Lithuania have had some very good results in recent years. So if Scotland play abjectly and draw 0-0 at home to Lithuania, you don't think Scotland fans would boo or be entitled to boo?

Pretty sure a sage poster on this board has posted this phrase in the past. :thumbsup:

Not sure if I am reading the post wrong but I didn't say "normal" but did say "typical qualification group result". In World Cup/European Championships qualification groups, these results happen. Nations like Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Macedonia habitually get surprising draws/wins. If I could be bothered, I would do a bit of trawling results to prove it, as I cannot be bothered I will just mention that Lithuania have played a few games in their group already, have they had any decent results so far? ;)

As for the booing bit, I actually think football fans are entitled to boo whatever the hell they want, booing merely reflects badly on the supporters IMO. If you had asked if I thought they SHOULD boo, my answer would be no as I honestly have never booed my own team as I cannot fathom what it is hoped booing will achieve.

Archived