Was Saturday in reality a Hearts success ? comment !!!!!!

frankbroxup

frankbroxup

The starting 11 on Saturday included 7 players from the Acedemy and had a total purchase price less than ?1m ( including the subs ). Is there a club in the UK that can boast a similar record ??

The starting 11 on Saturday included 7 players from the Acedemy and had a total purchase price less than ?1m ( including the subs ). Is there a club in the UK that can boast a similar record ??

That is an interesting post. If only the four non academites included Kingston and someone else of leadership quality.

broxburnjambo

In some respect yes seven players from the academy has to be a good thing, but it also tells us the state Hearts are in.

Romanov has promised to deliver quality players, but at this moment in time, he has sold all the quality we had and we are trying to get by with academy players.

The total purchase price of less than ?1m also sends alarm bells ringing.

Drylaw Hearts

We can't afford the big earners anymore.

IMO the tap that was running money our way has been turned down to a trickle.

Next Season normal service will resume with a squad full of -

Current Homegrown First Teamers - Berra, Wallace, Jonsson etc

Average SPL Journeymen

Youth Players

And a few cheap Lithuanians/Other Foreigners to make up the numbers.

ALL the high earners will have gone.

No Goncalves

No Kingston

No Nade

No Makela

No Beslija

No Pinilla

No Karapidis

No McCann

No Aguiar

VR has taken us on the longest Roller Coaster ride ever.

It is close to coming to and end though.

And as I said previously............

Next Season - Normal Service will resume.

The quality of football produced was anything but a sucess ! It was awful hearts could have been beaten by three ! The fact that we managed to put out a team 7 acadamy players is positive but when you consider that,the team struggled for a draw against then St Mirren, then no it was not a sucess ! If this is the quality of Hearts acadamy then god help us !

Sorry to be so negative but we were awful on saturday and still fail to see positives from that game except the fact we grabbed an undeserved equaliser!

Generic Username
We can't afford the big earners anymore.

IMO the tap that was running money our way has been turned down to a trickle.

Next Season normal service will resume with a squad full of -

Current Homegrown First Teamers - Berra, Wallace, Jonsson etc

Average SPL Journeymen

Youth Players

And a few cheap Lithuanians/Other Foreigners to make up the numbers.

ALL the high earners will have gone.

No Goncalves

No Kingston

No Nade

No Makela

No Beslija

No Pinilla

No Karapidis

No McCann

No Aguiar

VR has taken us on the longest Roller Coaster ride ever.

It is close to coming to and end though.

And as I said previously............

Next Season - Normal Service will resume.

I bloody hope so!

It is sad that a hard earned point with St Midden is seen as something of a success.

Drylaw Hearts

He will have nearly doubled our debt in 3 years.....

There is no debt.

Remember ?

:rolleyes:

There were positives to take from Saturday:

- we remain unbeaten in our last 6 games against non-Old Firm teams

- once again the defence conceded few goals (one individual error from Karipidis cost the goal)

- it was good to see the goalkeeper and the rest of the defence rollicking Karipidis for his lack of bottle for the goal

- the defence is now more settled and we are playing with our best goalkeeper

- the team was as young as I can remember - they are getting valuable experience at the moment

- the first team is now featuring fewer of the Kaunas duds

- for one of the first times in the last 2 years our 2 strikers played as a partnership rather than as individuals

- the team spirit to get a goal back was good to see

- Miko had enough spirit about him to get over knocking a guy out and getting the treatment from half a dozen St Mirren players to score a good goal

A "SUCCESS"??????????:eek:

A scramble point against a pish poor bottom of the league team that leaves us with NO chance of a European place!!!

Christ what have we come to????:mad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ironically, if SOH had succeeded in buying the club and running it on a lower wage than the Robinson days, we might have had a different attitude to Saturday's result.

Anyway, it's not important. This summer is.

Ironically, if SOH had succeeded in buying the club and running it on a lower wage than the Robinson days, we might have had a different attitude to Saturday's result.

Anyway, it's not important. This summer is.

Given that the Romanovs don't seem to have the money required to back up their talk, the sort of team we had on Saturday is the right sort of strategy. A mixture of youth players, the best journeymen around and the odd good player from other routes is the way forward.

As it was when the Pieman chose to sell the ground rather than take a cost cutting strategy.

Thunderstruck
A "SUCCESS"??????????:eek:

A scramble point against a pish poor bottom of the league team that leaves us with NO chance of a European place!!!

Christ what have we come to????:mad:

That'll be the same p**s poor team that Celtic only managed to beat courtesy of a very dodgy free kick earned by nakadiver. St Mirren could easily have been 2 up had they converted pressure to goals.

Yes, Hearts have disappointing all season (to say the least) but let's give some credit where it is due.

gowestjambo

If this is your idea of success, I would hate to see your idea of failure!

St Mirren probably put their team together for even less than that, and should have won the game.

The only successful thing we are currently doing is treating the fans with contempt!

Jamboross98

QUOTE=gowestjambo;152593]If this is your idea of success, I would hate to see your idea of failure!

St Mirren probably put their team together for even less than that, and should have won the game.

The only successful thing we are currently doing is treating the fans with contempt!

Not even Hearts can live by your high standards.:smartass:

I'd agree that it was good to see so many players from the academy, and I'd hope that there would be more coming through even though Copil and Kostadinov seem to be on their way out. Only Elliot out of the seven didn't cut it for me, he had wasted more chances than Cristiano Ronaldo at Derby, although I am not comparing him anywhere near good enough to lace CR's boots!

1-1 away to St Mirren is pretty much what I'd expect with the current group of players. With guys like Mole, Elliot and Jonsson in the squad we're simply not good enough to challenge in the top half of the table. Sad but true - we can only hope that things change at the end of the season.

cardboardcutout

if saturday's display was what the academy has to offer then its not worth the money!!!

we were poor against a team of journeymen none of whom we would consider good enough for us!!

home grown mediocrity or bought foreign mediocrity all equal pash!!

Archived