Bill Leckie Article

RoyCropper

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/billleckiesports/3173503/No-way-to-treat-a-HERO.html

What a complete load of tosh.

Did i expect anything less from him though? Not really.

The OF have been getting away with murder for years then finally when something is done about it(a one match ban not much i know but its a start), every journalist is up in arms because he is doing well for Scotland. It doesnt work that way im afraid.

OFGTF.

I've been purposely avoiding this thread (no offence roy cropper) due to the fact Leckie is a tosspot.

I eventually got round to reading the article and I really wish I hadn't. That ugly weegie spangler is genuinely saying that Macgregor is above the law due to the fact he played well aka doing his job that the SFA pay him to do for Scotland.

I have so much hatred in me it consumes me.

The SFA pay him to play for Scotland. He does his job well.

In his day jobb aka playiong for the vile Huns he (not for the first time) tried to assault a fellow pro.

Becuase he does his other job well he should be above the law in that one.

Really shows you how self obssessed the SFa are.

I want the SFA to cease existing. If that means the end to the SPl then so be it.

We should break away and form our own league - who's in?

No sorry I simply can't leave this matter. Im raging.

Basically that tosspot is saying, play well for Scotland and you can do WHATEVER you want for Rangers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I fecking hate EVERYTHING!and perhaps the Grade AAA bellend may want to look up the definition of the word 'hero'

tosspot tosspot tosser feckin **** feckin bellend scrotom.

sorry mods I am doing my best to keep it clean.

scrotom!

Leckie used to write a decent article and wasn't afriad to criticise the "bigot brothers" as he called them. At some point around the time he got promoted at the Sun he seemed to lose any integrity he once had which probably tells you all you need to know about him.

Leckie knows who pay his wages and what they want to hear.

It all makes sense to me now. Here was me thinking it was some sort of journalism and all along it was payed propaganda. Does that make him a mercenary:ermm: :whistling:

Leckie used to write a decent article and wasn't afriad to criticise the "bigot brothers" as he called them. At some point around the time he got promoted at the Sun he seemed to lose any integrity he once had which probably tells you all you need to know about him.

Yes It does, and if he happens to read this I would like to let him know that he is taking it up the Fa*t*r.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry but all the guy had was a good game. Had we not out pressure on ourselves with that formation then te goal keeper wouldn't have been called into action as much as he was!

Was it just me or was anyone else hacked off with the studio after the game and in particular god (Paul Hartley?) sorry but I thought they all went overboard in they're praise for AM and PH was possibly the worst.

Before anyone starts I think the guy is god but he's not exempt from critisism!

Bill Leckie, god bless 'im, is not biased. The unfortunate affliction he has is that he is not very bright and he is extremely prone to the odd knee jerk reaction.

No player or team is ever anywhere near the middle, nothing is ever "alright". Players and teams are only ever magnificent and heroic or dreadful and pitiful. He has a decent turn of phrase about him, but his content lets him down far too often.

Ignore him.

I reckon that's what the articles are actually aiming at.

aye that was my first thought too.

awful piece of journalism. no doubt he thinks its a worthy cause and believe that to be a wonderfully written "thought" piece

grrrrr

miko did a great job for his country by winning a penalty against scotland a few years back, that should even out bumping into that cheat davis.

So let's get this right.

On the morning of a big game a story breaks that McShagger as been reported for having a cowardly kick out at a player (Must be the first time he's ever done that). However the date of the meeting will determine whether or not he misses a game against Motherwell or Celtic*.

Fast forward 10 hours, 5 minutes to go in a game that finally was getting stretched and McShagger only goes and deliberately knees Bednar in the back for no reason. While he gets away with under 'a goalie challenge' he's not bright enough to realise that by getting te game stopped plays right into the Czechs. Aye right Bill, a right fekn hero. (He also came scampering off his line bored in the first half for no reason, which if the guy got a cleaner strike on te ball would have scored into an ungaurded net)

* I'm going to get pelters for this but if you take into account the antics of McShagger, Weir, Thomson, Miller, Boyd, Naismith, Lafferty, McCulloch in recent times, with only laughing boy being punished, christ even Celtic get a raw deal from the suits. Yuch. Hated typing that, but probably true.

Journalist, pundits and commentators alike are all pushing for McGregor to be number 1. He only needs to make one basic stop and it's out with the superlatives and 9/10 ratings. For Gordon's sake I hope Levein doesn't buy into it.

I like these sections

•  
  • Yes, McGregor came out and flicked a boot.
  • Keepers get away with raising their studs at strikers in every single game, every single week. Wrong? Of course it is.
  • McGregor was silly, course he was.

It baffles me, because he wrote this book, which is actually really good! :ninja:

It was - although it lumped us with the old firm a bit too conveniently at times - but I dumped it in the bin after his 2 page racist assault on Skacel in 2006.

Since then Leckie has been part of the problem in my eyes.

Yet another example of why a large section of the Scottish sports media are to blame for the extremely poor state of the game here. Leckie in his article shows just how degenerate his views have become. To crown McGregor with the accolade of "hero" after his antics over the past few years is just a bit like trying to confer sainthood on on Thomas Hamilton because he once helped an old lady cross the road. Laughable in the extreme!

gorgie rd eh11

I think most people worked out a long time ago that leckie and most of the rest of the scottish football media are a waste of space.

I still remember his vile vitriol about Miko a few weeks before THAT game at Hampden in which he likened Miko to "The Devil Incarnate". Yet he expressed outrage when Miko did what he did come that day without no examination of his own contribution as to why Saulius felt compelled to do what he did.

Archived