Paul Gascoigne

Meadows

Yet another low in the sad life of Gazza, arrested & charged with Drink driving. For a man who had the world at his feet,it is a tragedy the way his life is crumbling around him.Not sure what help he needs or even wants but at this rate i dont think he'll be around for much longer !

The Mighty Thor

I feel sorry for Gazza.

He was never equipped mentally for the riches his ability brought.

You hope that he'll be able to sort himself out but you know the clock is ticking on the bender that brings his untimely demise.

That's the second time he had been done this year think a spell behind bars for the wife beater is on the cards

ExPatHeartsman

That's the second time he had been done this year think a spell behind bars for the wife beater is on the cards

Don't see why not, that's what would happen to anyone else :mellow:

I thought this thread was an rip thread. It will come sooner. What a waste.

I was expecting it to be a thread about signing him as he could not be any worse than Stevenson, Black, Ruben etc. In fact even in the Nick he is now he probably would be an improvement.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I was expecting it to be a thread about signing him as he could not be any worse than Stevenson, Black, Ruben etc. In fact even in the Nick he is now he probably would be an improvement.

Every time I read one of your posts my eyes feel like they are bleeding.

Him turning up totally wasted during the Raoul Moat siege with a curry and a can of special brew for the murdering loon was one of the funniest things I have ever been witness to.

His incoherent phone call to the local radio station was hilarious.

Drylaw Hearts

Him turning up totally wasted during the Raoul Moat siege with a curry and a can of special brew for the murdering loon was one of the funniest things I have ever been witness to.

Gazza claims he knew Raoul Moat from when he was a lad at Newcastle United and Moat worked the club doors as a bouncer - when Gazza left Newcastle in 1988 for Spurs Raoul Moat was still at bloody High School.

The Old Tolbooth

I honestly don't get why people feel sorry for this welt, yes he's had his problems, but 99% of them were/are brought on by himself.

He had an opportunity in life to become something, he seized that opportunity as his skill on the football pitch was abundantly clear for everyone to see, he was in a position that millions of us would have loved to be in, and he wasted it in more ways than one. This is a guy that technically should be dead already with the amount of abuse he has given his own body, his latest escapade of drunk driving should see him serve a prison sentence (like someone else already stated) but because of who he is, he'll most likely get away with it.

He's had all the offers of help and all the opportunities to overcome his addictions to alcohol, drugs, glue, beating women, knicker sniffing, and whatever else this sad excuse for a human being has been into, and he's spurned every single one of them, yet people still feel sorry for this utter waste of space!!

The man should be sectioned!

I'm not so sure - I can't see him exerting much of a midfield presence while locked up in a cell.

:ninja:

Drylaw Hearts

I honestly don't get why people feel sorry for this welt, yes he's had his problems, but 99% of them were/are brought on by himself.

He had an opportunity in life to become something, he seized that opportunity as his skill on the football pitch was abundantly clear for everyone to see, he was in a position that millions of us would have loved to be in, and he wasted it in more ways than one. This is a guy that technically should be dead already with the amount of abuse he has given his own body, his latest escapade of drunk driving should see him serve a prison sentence (like someone else already stated) but because of who he is, he'll most likely get away with it.

He's had all the offers of help and all the opportunities to overcome his addictions to alcohol, drugs, glue, beating women, knicker sniffing, and whatever else this sad excuse for a human being has been into, and he's spurned every single one of them, yet people still feel sorry for this utter waste of space!!

Yep.

He's off his trolley.

rudi must stay

Apparently he's close to being appointed manager of a non-league club. You've got to feel for their fans, wherever he goes the stories follow

stirlingshirejambo

Apparently he's close to being appointed manager of a non-league club. You've got to feel for their fans, wherever he goes the stories follow

This was more of a publicity stunt by the club.

Gazza's "representatives" claimed there were too many clauses on the non football side which made the contract unworkable.

I feel really sorry for him. I'm not wanting to get all airy and talk about "inner demons" and stuff, but I'm sure he never planned for his life to pan out this way. I'm also really sorry to see such a talent wasted, he could have been one of England's greatest ever players. I wonder if he had played under Fergie would he have kept him (hairdryered him) on the straight and narrow?

rudi must stay

This was more of a publicity stunt by the club.

Gazza's "representatives" claimed there were too many clauses on the non football side which made the contract unworkable.

didn't know that mate. Suppose after this news they would have pulled out anyway

I live in Garforth, just outside Leeds & its Garforth Town FC who are trying to get him as manager. I thought it was a wind up at first! The deal looked to of cooled off last week because for ?150,000 a year Gazza only wanted to turn up and manage the team on a match day & have nothing to do with training etc! According to reports in the local paper though the deal could well be back on, thats unless this drink driving thing gets in the way. Personally I could'nt care less, to hear people getting all worked up & giddy in the pubs around here is funny though!

I P Knightley

I feel really sorry for him. I'm not wanting to get all airy and talk about "inner demons" and stuff, but I'm sure he never planned for his life to pan out this way. I'm also really sorry to see such a talent wasted, he could have been one of England's greatest ever players. I wonder if he had played under Fergie would he have kept him (hairdryered him) on the straight and narrow?

There's a huge bundle of "what-ifs" that surround Gascoigne but I can't help thinking that his move away from Newcastle to London was one of the worst things to happen in his professional career. It really was the "bright lights" for him. Had he stayed in the N-E, he'd have stayed surrounded by his family & boyhood friends. Of course he'd have got up to some mischief but it could have been better controlled and his old buddies wouldn't have indulged him as much as the likes of Chris Evans and Danny Baker did when he was in the smoke.

As you suggest, though, I reckon going to ManYoo under Fergie would have seen him realise a heck of a lot more with the talent given to him.

Well said that man. I totally agree.

Archived