Its just the Hibs way

bilstonjambo

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/1072384/Keeper-Graham-Stack-is-taunted-by-rival-fan-during-birthday-party.html

HIBS goalie Graham Stack has been quizzed by cops after becoming involved in a nightclub punch-up during a boozy night out.

The former Arsenal keeper was caught up in a violent rammy at Edinburgh's trendy Bacaro nightclub.

Bouncers had to step in after Stack, 29, was wound up by a 24-year-old clubber - believed to be a fan of bitter city rivals Hearts.

One clubber said: "I think Stack was being ribbed by some Hearts fans, but don't know just what was said as the music's very loud.

"They were pulling his leg, but he looked like he was getting fed up. Then there was total confusion as bodies flew everywhere - it was scary.

"Next thing we knew the bouncers had separated them and the cops arrived."

There's not enough evidence to charge anyone

Fans' favourite Stack is believed to have been out celebrating his birthday. He was with team-mate Liam Miller and Celtic's Anthony Stokes, who were not involved in the spat.

Cops who arrived at the scene took a statement from the Republic of Ireland under-21 star and the other unidentified man.

A police insider said inquiries into the incident at 2.15am last Sunday are continuing. Our source added: "There's not enough evidence to charge anyone - but there is enough proof to continue investigating."

In September 2005, Stack was cleared of raping a 22-year-old woman at his London flat. He signed for Hibernian in July last year, having originally started his career with Arsenal.

Bacaro opened in February 2009 and has become one of the capital's most exclusive haunts.

Last night, Hibs declined to comment on the bust-up. Lothian and Borders Police confirmed an incident took place.

A spokesman said: "We're investigating a disturbance in an Edinburgh nightclub early on Sunday morning. Inquiries are ongoing, and anyone with information should contact us."

Remnants of Standards

The most shocking thing is that any self-respecting hearts fan was in bacaro.....how was phil??

Well done to the Hearts fans who were involved :thumbsup:

Yeah.....what a hero.......starting a fight in a nighclub knowing the bouncers would break it up before Stack ripped his head and sh@t in it! Well hard that guy eh?

If of course it WAS a jambo...It's the NOTW remember.

Guest vanbasten1874

Yeah.....what a hero.......starting a fight in a nighclub knowing the bouncers would break it up before Stack ripped his head and sh@t in it! Well hard that guy eh?

If of course it WAS a jambo...It's the NOTW remember.

You sound a bit defensive how do you know what the outcome would have been ?

Guest Dr. Pepper

:rofl:

How can you say that fighting in a nightclub is 'THE HIBS WAY' when the guy he was boxing with appears to be a pain in the arse Hearts fan who wouldnt leave him alone?

You sound a bit defensive how do you know what the outcome would have been ?

To start a fight KNOWING you can hide behind the bouncers and KNOWING they will break it up before you get a pasting qualifies you as a limpdick, therefore, using that rationale, I can confidently assume that Stack would have pummelled the bloke.

Quite why fans of any team want to annoy footballers who are enjoying a night off beats the hell out of me :down: Are they hoping for 30 seconds of fame or even their picture in the tabloids? 'Yeah, ken man, if they bouncers hudnae got in between me and Stack likesay, I would huv had him ken'.

Limpdicks

Also another example of the media bringing up something in no way related to the incident.

Stack being proven innocent of a rape 6 years ago is in no way relevant to him getting in a scrap with a Hearts fan.

To start a fight KNOWING you can hide behind the bouncers and KNOWING they will break it up before you get a pasting qualifies you as a limpdick, therefore, using that rationale, I can confidently assume that Stack would have pummelled the bloke.

Quite why fans of any team want to annoy footballers who are enjoying a night off beats the hell out of me :down: Are they hoping for 30 seconds of fame or even their picture in the tabloids? 'Yeah, ken man, if they bouncers hudnae got in between me and Stack likesay, I would huv had him ken'.

Limpdicks

Having read the article, it doesn't say the guy started on Stack, just that hey were 'pulling his leg', which I assume still means lighthearted banter.

Sorry Graham, you're talking shite mate.

Archived