New mural at McLeod Street

Craigieboy

Erskine.jpg

Hope it helps raise more funds for Erskine.

I recall that the photo on the mural was actually taken just outside the current main stand. It has a cat in the photo.

Pehaps someone can confirm/correct me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

Feckin excellent mural. Anyone know if I can get a copy of it anywhere? Had a look on the website but couldn't see it.

Nelly Terraces

Cool as, and a great advertisement for the Erskine/HMFC tie up. Nipping out in a minute, will swing past in the Nellster mobile for a gander.

RoussetsShorts

tell you what I'd love the chance to bid for that once they are finished with it, would be a great auction for Erskine, imagine that on the living room wall!!!!!

donnie darko

tell you what I'd love the chance to bid for that once they are finished with it, would be a great auction for Erskine, imagine that on the living room wall!!!!!

Some size of living room you must have!

RoussetsShorts

Some size of living room you must have!

be a good excuse to up size in property, either that or hang it above the bridge of doom!!!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

be a good excuse to up size in property, either that or hang it above the bridge of doom!!!

Now that's an idea I like. Pending the opportunity to hang other things..... :whistling:

i got goosebumps looking at that

thats a fantastic mural. absolutely love it

never forget

Cue thread on vermin.net saying we think we won WW1 ourselves, as I've heard them accuse us in the past.

Of course, we mean that. Idiots.

Fantastic.

Captures what Erskine is all about. Also captures the memories of the brave men of that particular team.

Moving. Well done to all involved.

We shall never forget.

Cue thread on vermin.net saying we think we won WW1 ourselves, as I've heard them accuse us in the past.

They have no class. You have to wonder why they can't see that those threads on hibs.net last year were a step too far.

duckandcover

The way they make comments about that makes me sick, sums up the classless tramps that they are.

jamboinglasgow

I am starting to be convinced that sirgay is a very clever Hearts fan playing a long term joke by playing a parody of an obsessed Hibs fan, sort of like the real Leigh Griffths blog but it is a secret what it really is.

As for that thread, it is daft, I think there are some (a very small minority) fans who use it as a way to get one over the Hibs and that is wrong. But I think Hibs could do more with remembrance as many Hibs fans were in the same regiment as the Hearts players and fans.

southside1874

I am starting to be convinced that sirgay is a very clever Hearts fan playing a long term joke by playing a parody of an obsessed Hibs fan, sort of like the real Leigh Griffths blog but it is a secret what it really is.

As for that thread, it is daft, I think there are some (a very small minority) fans who use it as a way to get one over the Hibs and that is wrong. But I think Hibs could do more with remembrance as many Hibs fans were in the same regiment as the Hearts players and fans.

For feck sake man. Can you not appreciate what these guys went through. It means so much that its on tv everyday. Is this a conspiracy or just a realistic memory of what suffering happened?

jamboinglasgow

For feck sake man. Can you not appreciate what these guys went through. It means so much that its on tv everyday. Is this a conspiracy or just a realistic memory of what suffering happened?

what on earth are you talking about :blink:

Malcolm Tucker

Not meaning to be rude, but what the **** are you f*****g on about?

southside1874

what on earth are you talking about :blink:

Do you think you use that as a one upmanship. Do you have any knowledge of what they guys went through? To belittle their name as a cheap dig at what hibbys are about leaves me cold. Do you understand what that battalion was all about?

Do you think you use that as a one upmanship. Do you have any knowledge of what they guys went through? To belittle their name as a cheap dig at what hibbys are about leaves me cold. Do you understand what that battalion was all about?

I am absolutely ****ing lost.

Malcolm Tucker

Dude seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

jamboinglasgow

Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate, as I said that opposite of what you think I said. I was condemning any Hearts fan who use it as one upmanship.

A smashing mural. Proud beyond words of my club, hibs fans are sickening vermin beyond contempt, and I have quite literally no idea what this southside chap is on about, other than 18 gins.

Groovy.

Trolling par excellence.

I also see that the massive gimpstick that is Dashing Bob S has decided to wade in with some groundbreaking patter. Even more boring and predictable than some of the Terrace dwellers on here.

The poster should be put into the stadium for all to see.

So very proud of all the brave men on there.

It would be a proud statement to Hearts and the Erskine charity it represents.

I would love to see it in the stadium every week.

southside1874

Think you got the wrong end of the stick mate, as I said that opposite of what you think I said. I was condemning any Hearts fan who use it as one upmanship.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post :thumbsup: onto others I don't look at Hibs fans as vermin, people are vermin no matter what team they support. If your vermin your vermin, you can wear a rat skin or a toads, but your still vermin :geek:

I would assume their memorial towards WWI will start around the time most other decent people in the UK take a moment or two to reflect on the lives given up in the first World war. There are some really petty threads started with regards to having digs at Hearts but this is up there as one of the worst imho!

Well done to the hibs fan who posted this.

It would be nice to see an end to petty sniping concerning remembrance day traditions.

To use such a thing to take the piss is just low imo. Very low.

Just me that thinks it looks a bit tacky and pretentious, then?

Wouldn't call it "pretentious" in any sense. :mellow:

Pretty much par for the course for NeverForgetfests like 11/11, tbh. Could be much worse.

Ryan Gosling

Wouldn't call it "pretentious" in any sense. :mellow:

Pretty much par for the course for NeverForgetfests like 11/11, tbh. Could be much worse.

It's a nice idea but we need to remember the team who went to war did so for everyone, not just... er, Hearts.

It's a nice idea but we need to remember the team who went to war did so for everyone, not just... er, Hearts.

I don't think anyone with an IQ of more than 6 thinks otherwise.

Uh-huh.

Which is what the banner says.

If it said 'They did it for Hearts', then you'd have a point.

Which is what the banner says.

If it said 'They did it for Hearts', then you'd have a point.

So why is just the maroon part coloured?

EDIT: Before this is misinterpreted, the banner gives the impression the war was won by the Hearts team only, hence the pretension.

So why is just the maroon part coloured?

EDIT: Before this is misinterpreted, the banner gives the impression the war was won by the Hearts team only, hence the pretension.

Club's honouring what is a fairly big part of our history.

But the mention of Erskine takes away the exclusivity that it's all about Hearts.

It's because they're wearing Hearts tops, and we're Hearts.

If it makes you feel better though, it's because those in charge at HMFC think we won "the" war. The only ever war. Remembrance Sunday is only about one war, of course.

F*cks sakes, man, c'mon eh?

Club's honouring what is a fairly big part of our history.

But the mention of Erskine takes away the exclusivity that it's all about Hearts.

So why bother with the Hearts-specific content?

It's because they're wearing Hearts tops, and we're Hearts.

If it makes you feel better though, it's because those in charge at HMFC think we won "the" war. The only ever war. Remembrance Sunday is only about one war, of course.

F*cks sakes, man, c'mon eh?

It just seems to me like it's whoring out something that should be met with a demure sense of respect; not displayed on a fifty-foot ******* banner.

Just my opinion man. To me, it's in bad taste.

Archived