Dundee Administration "Imminent"

Acey

Clydebank 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 6 Hearts 2

Hearts 1 Clydebank 0

Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1

Dundee 2 Hearts 0

Don't know why afterall these years Hearts fans just can't accept that our results over the whole season weren't enough to secure the title. Frig all to do with the last game of the season. We should have had it won 2 or 3 weeks before the end of the season.

Sad but true! :huh:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clydebank 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 6 Hearts 2

Hearts 1 Clydebank 0

Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1

Dundee 2 Hearts 0

Don't know why afterall these years Hearts fans just can't accept that our results over the whole season weren't enough to secure the title. Frig all to do with the last game of the season. We should have had it won 2 or 3 weeks before the end of the season.

If memory serves we also conceded a last minute equaliser to Celtic on the opening day of the season? And lost 2-1 to Motherwell in the first half dozen games?

Still despise St Mirren though. :thumbsup:

If memory serves we also conceded a last minute equaliser to Celtic on the opening day of the season? And lost 2-1 to Motherwell in the first half dozen games?

We also drew one game with Hibs - 1-1 I think at the early part of the season. SO you could say Hibs costs us the league as much as anyone. Celtic also rescued a last minute equaliser against the Huns in 4-4 draw so the Huns costs us it too.

Personally, I think we should have won it against Dons at Tynie but Valentine did his utmost to make sure that didn't happen. It was a great season but we came up short. I'm over it but many don't seem to be.

I just hope that whenever our next genuine shot comes around, we go out, beat the shit out of everyone and the squad give us the moment we all deserve.

Johanes de Silentio

Dundee definitely only in admin at the moment, not liquidation as yet.

Correct - it appears I was mis-informed.

Still, tick-tock! :thumbsup:

Celtic did equalise in the last minute at Tynecastle on the first day of the season. Paul McStay scored it; Neil Berry had him in his back pocket for 85 minutes but then went off injured. We lost the seventh game 2-1 at home to Motherwell, who finished second bottom, and the eighth 1-0 at Clydebank, who came last.

The unbeaten run started with a 1-1 draw at home to Dundee in the ninth game. We took 5 points (draw with Celtic, wins over Hibs and Dundee Utd) from the first 8 games and 45 from the next 27.

Add me to the list of those with no recollection of over the top celebrations from Dundee fans in May 1986. The only people that I remember taunting our bus were kids in Celtic colours.

Add me to the list of those with no recollection of over the top celebrations from Dundee fans in May 1986. The only people that I remember taunting our bus were kids in Celtic colours.

As someone said above, they were fighting it out with Rangers to see who would finish fifth (couldn't resist spelling that out) and thought they were qualifying for Europe. Fair enough.

We also drew one game with Hibs - 1-1 I think at the early part of the season. SO you could say Hibs costs us the league as much as anyone. Celtic also rescued a last minute equaliser against the Huns in 4-4 draw so the Huns costs us it too.

Personally, I think we should have won it against Dons at Tynie but Valentine did his utmost to make sure that didn't happen. It was a great season but we came up short. I'm over it but many don't seem to be.

I just hope that whenever our next genuine shot comes around, we go out, beat the shit out of everyone and the squad give us the moment we all deserve.

We had 3 wins and a draw with Hibs; the draw was the second derby of the season so was in the unbeaten run; it was 0-0 aat Easter Road. We didn't take 8 points from any team, so any club could claim to have deprived us of the league. Our worst record was a win, a defeat and 2 draws against Dundee. Our best records were 3 wins and a draw against both Hibs and Dundee Utd. Every other team except Celtic (a win and 3 draws) beat us once in the league. Aberdeen beat us in both cups and once in the league; nobody else beat us twice.

The Old Tolbooth

Clydebank 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 6 Hearts 2

Hearts 1 Clydebank 0

Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1

Dundee 2 Hearts 0

Spot on mate, I actually think we blew it in the 2nd last game of the season against Clydebank by only beating them 1-0, had we rapped 4 or 5 past them then the following weeks results wouldn't have mattered. I remember Gmac scoring the winner and standing in the away end which was given to Hearts fans for the day, with the Bankies fans (all 25 of them) stuck in a corner of the main stand.

Worst day of my life compounded by the Dundee fans revelling in our defeat.

I was, and still am never able to comprehend their pleasure in handing the league to sellik.

I find it hard to believe we would have cheered their defeat if it was the other way around.

So no sympathy for their club what so ever!

They weren't all like that, when I was leaving the older blokes around us supporting Dundee were all muttering about how it wasn't how they had wanted it to turn out. The younger ones on the other hand were rubbing our noses in it, just as our lot would have to them if they'd been in our situation. I've got nothing against Dundee at all, they're a club with a great tradition, Scottish football needs them. At the end of the day they did what was right and played to win, we needed a point and didn't get it, end of story. But don't get me started on St. Mirren :yucky:

I wonder what the Dundee Utd fans are all thinking, about their city rivals going up the swanny :ermm:

They weren't all like that, when I was leaving the older blokes around us supporting Dundee were all muttering about how it wasn't how they had wanted it to turn out. The younger ones on the other hand were rubbing our noses in it, just as our lot would have to them if they'd been in our situation. I've got nothing against Dundee at all, they're a club with a great tradition, Scottish football needs them. At the end of the day they did what was right and played to win, we needed a point and didn't get it, end of story. But don't get me started on St. Mirren :yucky:

Wellsaid.

That's how I remember it and that's how I feel about Dundee going out of business.

Snake Plissken

Can't say I really have any problem with Dundee.

They gambled to get back into the SPL and it back-fired badly. That's the trouble with the first division, with only one going up it's hard to get promoted and if a team makes a push and it doesn't quite work out then they're screwed.

Can't say I really have any problem with Dundee.

They gambled to get back into the SPL and it back-fired badly. That's the trouble with the first division, with only one going up it's hard to get promoted and if a team makes a push and it doesn't quite work out then they're screwed.

Seeing this happen to Dundee and seeing the position Dunfermline are in should act as a real catalyst for change in the league set up. These teams should be in the top league given their fan base. The sooner we get a sixteen team SPL the better.

Jam Tarts 1874

That's the sackings started.

Chisholm and Dodds been shown the door!!!

Chisholm would now seem like a good bet for hibs, no compo to pay.

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Eric Paton, Njazi Kuqi, Paul McHale, Scott Fox, Colin McMenamin, Charlie Grant and Brian Kerr have been told to leave.

Apparantly 2 more are going to have their contracts terminated as well.

Mickael Antoine-Curier, Eric Paton, Njazi Kuqi, Paul McHale, Scott Fox, Colin McMenamin, Charlie Grant and Brian Kerr have been told to leave.

Apparantly 2 more are going to have their contracts terminated as well.

Shouldn't really be quoting my own post but that should say AT LEAST 2 more to get their contracts terminated. No-one decent yet.

I'd imagine that Witteveen could be safe as he's on loan.

CavySlaveJambo

Shouldn't really be quoting my own post but that should say AT LEAST 2 more to get their contracts terminated. No-one decent yet.

I'd imagine that Witteveen could be safe as he's on loan.

Depends on who is paying his Wages, could be kicked back to us.

CavySlaveJambo

This is from the BBC over the on-loan players

while it remains unclear if four on-loan players, Milan Misun, David Witteveen, Jamie Adams and Scott Findlay, can stay on

Spot on mate, I actually think we blew it in the 2nd last game of the season against Clydebank by only beating them 1-0, had we rapped 4 or 5 past them then the following weeks results wouldn't have mattered. I remember Gmac scoring the winner and standing in the away end which was given to Hearts fans for the day, with the Bankies fans (all 25 of them) stuck in a corner of the main stand.

Correct. The signs where there in the 1-1 draw with Aberdeen when nerves started to show and carried on against Clydebank when we were hoping to win by 3 or 4 and struggled all afternoon to make hardly any clear cut chances and it took a raker of a goal from McKay to get the victory. :mellow:

Sometimes wonder looking back if we might have won the league if we had actually to WIN at Dens Park. <_< Guess we will never know. :huh:

This is from the BBC over the on-loan players

Would make sense from our point of view to offer to pay his wages in the hope that he'll play and put himself in the shop window in January.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Will Dundee still be able to pay Witteveen's wages?! Or will we have to pay?

rudi must stay

Wittenveen has been retained, according to Dundee's website.

pretty sure Paton's a left back. Wonder if we're still after one..

Edit: no he's a right-back. But we don't have a settled right back either..

Dundee's first choice left back is Matt Lockwood, who is now one of the player-assistant managers.

the players they have kept will be sold in january on e-bay .

http://sport.stv.tv/football/132978-dundees-scott-attempts-to-defuse-robertson-row/

Har de har har!!!!!!

Stepping aside from this DOOMED football club, if Hearts are remotely interested in Gary Harkins or Leigh Griffiths (I hope not for the latter) then we should be looking at offering ?20k/?30k/?40k for them. I gather they need about ?100k to continue in Administration and I have a sneaky feeling they might just get it. I would choose RIGHT NOW as the moment to test their resolve.

they didn't give a feck about us in 86 so i don't give a feck about then now.

Dundee still had a chance to get a european place that day.

Do you honestly expect them to give that up just to do Hearts a good turn ?

Anyway I'm sorry it has worked out like this for them they are a big club who have contributed a lot to Scottish football(European Cup Semi finalists 1962/3). I always feel sorry for the fans at times like this. It could be us one day.

While you are at the holding grudge game why dont you blame them for us losing the league in 1965 after they had the cheek to beat us 7-1 at tynecastle ?

http://sport.stv.tv/...-robertson-row/

Har de har har!!!!!!

Stepping aside from this DOOMED football club, if Hearts are remotely interested in Gary Harkins or Leigh Griffiths (I hope not for the latter) then we should be looking at offering ?20k/?30k/?40k for them. I gather they need about ?100k to continue in Administration and I have a sneaky feeling they might just get it. I would choose RIGHT NOW as the moment to test their resolve.

If we were interested in those 2 players it would be utter madness NOT to stick in a cheeky bid for their 2 highest earners (i'm guessing)

Clydebank 1 Hearts 0

St Mirren 6 Hearts 2

Hearts 1 Clydebank 0

Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1

Dundee 2 Hearts 0

This was the game that lost us the League, everybody expected to score 5, and if we had the Dundee game would have been academic....

This was the game that lost us the League, everybody expected to score 5, and if we had the Dundee game would have been academic....

so do you really think that was a penalty when Ian Jardine got hit on the shoulder against the sheep, sure we were nervous against clydebank but Gary Mackay ( the so called traitor ) scored a cracking goal, 2 more and even st midden liedown ( that paid for the migarvie transfer ) would have been to mutch to lie down.

And can you tell me the st midden lie downs score the week before ? against dundee unt ? :whistling:

it was a stich up :down:

Jimmy McNulty

so do you really think that was a penalty when Ian Jardine got hit on the shoulder against the sheep, sure we were nervous against clydebank but Gary Mackay ( the so called traitor ) scored a cracking goal, 2 more and even st midden liedown ( that paid for the migarvie transfer ) would have been to mutch to lie down.

And can you tell me the st midden lie downs score the week before ? against dundee unt ? :whistling:

it was a stich up :down:

It WAS a stitch up. But Dundee were not part of it.

The Real Maroonblood

Worst day of my life compounded by the Dundee fans revelling in our defeat.

I was, and still am never able to comprehend their pleasure in handing the league to sellik.

I find it hard to believe we would have cheered their defeat if it was the other way around.

So no sympathy for their club what so ever!

Especially how that clown Albert Kidd acted that day.

Archived