ZAL dropped from Lithuania

super_vlad

In the EEN today, the manager says he will not play again for the national team until he gets something sorted at club level ! I wonder if Vlad has had words with someone at the LFF ?

Snake Plissken

In the EEN today, the manager says he will not play again for the national team until he gets something sorted at club level ! I wonder if Vlad has had words with someone at the LFF ?

Or maybe, like every other national team boss, he doesn't want to select a player who is not playing regular first team football?

rossthejambo

Or maybe, like every other national team boss, he doesn't want to select player who are not playing regular first team football?

Are you sure? That sounds too sensible to be true.

Must be a conspiracy..

conspiracy-poster.jpg

Zal isn't an automatic 1st choice for Lithuania anyway as the strongest part of their team is probably centre half with Stankevicius (of Valencia) and Skerla (who is a bit of a stalwart for them) the regular pair. Sorry for spelling and our Lith correspondents may verify this, or not!

This is one of the reasons I find Zal's contract strategy a bit weird - he's dug himself into a hole here. By being reasonable but ensuring a get-out clause or something, he'd still be playing for Hearts, be in and around the Lith team in big games against Czechs and Spain so basically in the shop window to get the move he wants.

rossthejambo

Zal isn't an automatic 1st choice for Lithuania anyway as the strongest part of their team is probably centre half with Stankevicius (of Valencia) and Skerla (who is a bit of a stalwart for them) the regular pair. Sorry for spelling and our Lith correspondents may verify this, or not!

This is one of the reasons I find Zal's contract strategy a bit weird - he's dug himself into a hole here. By being reasonable but ensuring a get-out clause or something, he'd still be playing for Hearts, be in and around the Lith team in big games against Czechs and Spain so basically in the shop window to get the move he wants.

Thought Stankevicius was a right back, but I agree with what you're saying about him not being an automatic pick.

Thought Stankevicius was a right back, but I agree with what you're saying about him not being an automatic pick.

Aye, I wasn't sure on the names, but he has less caps than you'd think. Miko, Cesy, Pilo and Ivask always seemed to play more than Zal which seems weird as I think he's the best player of that lot, but he must have tougher competitiion.

Plus, Vlad some massive falling out with the LFA did he not? Can't imagine his name carries much influence around those parts. Not that I'm even considering buying in to the conspiracy thing btw. Just saying. :)

Seems perfectly reasonable to me that Zal won't play. Would think it infinitely more weird if he did.

zal get your crazy ass in gear and sort out this pile of shite dispute. either that or find another club 'cos you aint going to beat vlad in a stand-off.

couldn't give a flying one whether he plays for LIFF or not.

Dalstonjambo

Or maybe, like every other national team boss, he doesn't want to select a player who is not playing regular first team football?

If only our national team boss did this with Gary Caldwell :whistling:

Is Zal not on his way back from injury - or would that snippet ruin the conspiracy theory?

More concerned about Levein playing Gary Caldwell.

Czech win for me tonight with bombscare McManus at the back. If he can't handle a Lichtenstein striker then god help us.

I'm just grateful that Brown, McCulloch & Broadfoot are missing.

sergent garcia

it's nowhere in lithuanian media so i really doubt that these news a true, he was training with the team in spain for sure i saw the photos:) i dont think he will make starting eleven no metter is he or is he not playing for hearts, because we will not change team who won against czechs and kijanskas and skerla was two centre defenders (they both play for same team in poland)....

p.s. our federation boss is in really bad relationships with vlad, so im 100 5 sure he would not do what vlad tells him :)

Is Zal not on his way back from injury - or would that snippet ruin the conspiracy theory?

More concerned about Levein playing Gary Caldwell.

Czech win for me tonight with bombscare McManus at the back. If he can't handle a Lichtenstein striker then god help us.

I'm just grateful that Brown, McCulloch & Broadfoot are missing.

You're concerned about Caldwell playing but glad that Brown and McCulloch are out?

Who would you play?

:blink:

Diadora Van Basten

Like others have said before I think their is a hypocrisy in our club signing players as free agents (such as Barr) but refusing to play our players in the final year of their contract.

Archived