What it is you just love about tynecastle (new and old)

droid

Can't really comment on the old tynie as i'm too young to really remember it.

I love the steep stands

The proximity of the stands to the pitch

I love looking out onto the old main stand from my seat in the wheatfield (don't want to see it come down)

The atmosphere that can be created when we the fans are up for it. Unrivaled in the SPL imo.

I love the reasonable choice of pre and post match boozers in the area.

heartsfc_fan

Can't really comment on the old tynie as i'm too young to really remember it.

I love the steep stands

The proximity of the stands to the pitch

I love looking out onto the old main stand from my seat in the wheatfield (don't want to see it come down)

The atmosphere that can be created when we the fans are up for it. Unrivaled in the SPL imo.

I love the reasonable choice of pre and post match boozers in the area.

Pretty much this :thumbsup:

I'm also too young to remember the "Old" Tynecastle. I went to my first game in 1996, must've only been 8 at the time I think, and I can remember the Gorgie end being a building site due to the new stand being put up.

I sit in the Main Stand myself, and love it, but I couldn't help imagine how good Tynecastle would look even with just a mirror of the Wheatfield stand put in place of the old stand.

Maiden Gorgie

I loved the Shed and the Benches in the olden days. Queueing for a pie just before half time, going to the bogs with no roof at the back of the shed. Great times.

The "new" Tynie is class though - the atmosphere can be awesome.

Gregory House M.D.

I love how steep the stands are and how close they are to the pitch.

I love when Scott gets the crowd pumped up at the start of the game... "Wherever you've come from... Who ever you've come to support... Get right behind you're favourites... LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!"

I love the smell of the brewery as i walk up to the Wheatfield.

I love it because it's THE most unique ground in Scotland.

The Old Tolbooth

Christ some of you guya are making me feel really old :(

I used to love the old Shed, whereby you could stand next a barrier and feel the crush of the crowd when we scored or a decision went against us and everyone surged forward, you would often end up having to find your mates again after scoring against Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, it was manic!

That plus the smell of Auld Reekie when you park the car up, absolutely the best smell in the world! :thumbsup:

The pre-benches shed was brilliant. As was standing at the corner of the shed winding up the hobos in the days when the away fans were at the School end.

Shouting abuse at Archie MacPherson or Arthur Montford when they used to sit on top of the old pie stand.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Loved the old Tyine, I still vividly remember the climb up the steps to the school end for the first time as a kid and the way the noise and view just opened up in front of you as you reached the top. Waterfalls of urine, the rabble in the shed and the noise of the crazy corner. The smell of pipes mixed with the hops from the brewery and the comments from the fans.

We are however lucky in that we have a stadium with character still, the steep stands and intimidating proximity is definitely a Tynie-centric feature that sets us apart from other clubs. I too really want to see a new mainstand as that would give us the most intimidating ground in Britain when it is at full volume!

Christ some of you guya are making me feel really old :(

I used to love the old Shed, whereby you could stand next a barrier and feel the crush of the crowd when we scored or a decision went against us and everyone surged forward, you would often end up having to find your mates again after scoring against Hibs, Rangers or Celtic, it was manic!

That plus the smell of Auld Reekie when you park the car up, absolutely the best smell in the world! :thumbsup:

Why would you want to be crushed? sounds kinky. :blink:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Slightly off topic but...

This whole discussion just leaves me even more baffled as to why Hibs built their four ugly and soulless stands so far apart from each other and so far from the perimeter of the pitch??? Add to that the fact that it will be half full pretty often and you can't help but get to thinking that these masochists bring their shanness upon themselves.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Discuss...

Tynie as it stands is a wonderful ground, although a new matching stand woudl finish it nicely. However.....

Nothing could ever beat The Shed when it was rocking. Up at the back corner for me, but not too close to the toilets (Robert Redford made a film about them - it was called "A River Runs Through It"). :lol:

(Many grounds had a similar part of the terracing. For example, older Celtic fans will no doubt be nostalgic for standing in the Jungle. Or ask a Hibs supporter about ... eh, sorry, that's where the comparison breaks down).

Sorry, young yins, but that's just how it is. :thumbsup:

Glad to have being able to experience both eras of Tynecastle. :thumbsup: The old one with the terracing, the barriers, the shed, the trying to change ends at half time, the bodies flying everywhere when we scored and even wading through the piss to try and do a piss. Brilliant days that will never be forgotten. :)

And now the new Tynie which is a fantastic stadium in a safe enviroment with a tremendous atmosphere when full. :thumbsup: Certainly 2 very different stadiums but both brilliant in their own unique way. :D

Plus if you are sitting in the Wheatfield you can still look accross at the main stand to get all the old memories flooding back. :) Still get the same buzz walking into Tynie every time. :thumbsup:

Archived