Banned for the season?!

Fenerjambo

If you like me go for a few drinks before a match then BEWARE! There's a new lunatic of a security officer on board at Tynecastle who obviously doesn't like this and he is hammering us for it?! I was up at Inverness a few weeks ago and admittedly I had a few sherries prior to kick-off and was a little worse for wear but not exactly crawling.At Half-Time I slipped on the wet steps and stumbled slightly.It was then that a wee hitler from the local constabulary asked me exactly what I was doing.I slipped was my reply then he came out with an angry we splutter that I was in fact under the influence of alcohol inside a Scottish Football Stadium.I said I'd had a few but could answer his questions clearly even though he was giving me a ticking off in an arrogant manner.He then asked my address and told me he was ejecting me from the stadium? I had my daughter there and it made her hysterical thinking her Dad was being taken away and the uncertanty of it all.Anyway I left the stadium and didn't go back to try and get in.

Prior to the Motherwell game I received a letter from this lunatic security officer telling me as I had commited an offence I was banned for seeing Hearts for 12 games?! 12 games for what? Being merry at a football match and being chucked out for it? I'm hardly a thug running on the pitch enticing opposing fans or being sectarian?

I decided to phone this imbecile and the phone call got a little heated when he accused me of other things and a 12 game ban was suffice? I told him he hadn't heard the last of this and would get someone official to have words with him.Then I was threatning him somehow?? I left it and was told my ban could be increased to 24 games if I didn't send a letter of apology?? For what exactly? Well today I've received another letter telling me I'm banned for the rest of the season and that's that?? Who is this idiot?? Does he know he's also banning my daughter and niece attending matches who both have season tickets as well?? Ok you could say I should have thought of that before having the few drinks before the Inverness match but was I commiting that bad a crime to receive any kind of ban?? I don't think so nor do many other Jambos who know about this.I'm just writing this to pre-warn others that costa coffee and sittting strapped to your seat seems to be this muppets idea of attending a football match. The money I spend following this club and money spent on merchandise will now be spent elsewhere,far away from mercanaries who call themselves head of security.

If you like me go for a few drinks before a match then BEWARE! There's a new lunatic of a security officer on board at Tynecastle who obviously doesn't like this and he is hammering us for it?! I was up at Inverness a few weeks ago and admittedly I had a few sherries prior to kick-off and was a little worse for wear but not exactly crawling.At Half-Time I slipped on the wet steps and stumbled slightly.It was then that a wee hitler from the local constabulary asked me exactly what I was doing.I slipped was my reply then he came out with an angry we splutter that I was in fact under the influence of alcohol inside a Scottish Football Stadium.I said I'd had a few but could answer his questions clearly even though he was giving me a ticking off in an arrogant manner.He then asked my address and told me he was ejecting me from the stadium? I had my daughter there and it made her hysterical thinking her Dad was being taken away and the uncertanty of it all.Anyway I left the stadium and didn't go back to try and get in.

Prior to the Motherwell game I received a letter from this lunatic security officer telling me as I had commited an offence I was banned for seeing Hearts for 12 games?! 12 games for what? Being merry at a football match and being chucked out for it? I'm hardly a thug running on the pitch enticing opposing fans or being sectarian?

I decided to phone this imbecile and the phone call got a little heated when he accused me of other things and a 12 game ban was suffice? I told him he hadn't heard the last of this and would get someone official to have words with him.Then I was threatning him somehow?? I left it and was told my ban could be increased to 24 games if I didn't send a letter of apology?? For what exactly? Well today I've received another letter telling me I'm banned for the rest of the season and that's that?? Who is this idiot?? Does he know he's also banning my daughter and niece attending matches who both have season tickets as well?? Ok you could say I should have thought of that before having the few drinks before the Inverness match but was I commiting that bad a crime to receive any kind of ban?? I don't think so nor do many other Jambos who know about this.I'm just writing this to pre-warn others that costa coffee and sittting strapped to your seat seems to be this muppets idea of attending a football match. The money I spend following this club and money spent on merchandise will now be spent elsewhere,far away from mercanaries who call themselves head of security.

If I was you I'd put a strongly worded appeal in writing to the club. What you did that day doesn't deserve anything more than being ejected at the time.

If it were me I would do the following in this order until you get success:

1. Write to David Southern

2. Write to Vlad at his home (details should be found in Companies House)

3. Write to Campbell Ogilvie

4. Write to supposed Jambo, Alex Salmond

I am assuming your version of events are correct.

Sounds like a ridiculous state of affairs. :verymad: Write to the club and spell out exactly how much money they are losing because some jobsworth picked a fight.

To be fair though, should you be drinking when you have your daughter with you?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thinly vieled, I was so legless I fell from the top step of the Wheatfield Stand to the bottom step then pissed myself then set about a security guard who tried to help me up post, imo.

Jambof3tornado

I don't know how you can argue, the fact is that being under the infuence in a scottish football ground can result in a ban,and you said yourself you had a glass or 3. Grovelling on the phone may have helped. Arguing clearly didn't help.

The Old Tolbooth

Thinly vieled, I was so legless I fell from the top step of the Wheatfield Stand to the bottom step then pissed myself then set about a security guard who tried to help me up post, imo.

I didn't know Inverness had a Wheatfield stand AP :P

I don't know how you can argue, the fact is that being under the infuence in a scottish football ground can result in a ban,and you said yourself you had a glass or 3. Grovelling on the phone may have helped. Arguing clearly didn't help.

it can but it is not illegal and it should only be enforced if you are totally plastered. If the OP's account is true and Hearts or anyone is enforcing it that rigourously then crowds will be around the 1,000 mark everywhere, every week if you are lucky

Guest C00l K1d

What's the rules of being in a football ground under the influence of alcohol?

I thought it would've been alright if you weren't absolutely legless and knew what you were doing

i would have put money on Bongo getting banded before yourself, don't tell me he'll be using your smart-card now?

it does seem a bit excessive, I'd imagine this must be a pretty common occurrence at Inverness.

The world is going to hell in a hand cart mate. I really hope you can get this turned round.

Guest Dr. Pepper

So from what I can gather from the OP, Fener whitied and was complaining of feeling "vomity" all afternoon up at ICT. The Steward in question refused to give him a piggy back to the bus so he kicked off, resulting in a season long ban.

Its more of a shame on your young daughter and niece if you ask me.

Once again a reason to drive( I dont doubt the OP ) the fans away from spending money on football in Scotland and the Hearts.

Perth last year, my son was told to sit down while he was getting money out his front pocket , FFS The SPL are killing the game with the nanny state, or is it just Hearts that get a hard time?.

Sounds out of order to me as has been said send a letter of appeal direct to the club it's probably your best option.

Long story short, had a few too many at the first home game a few years ago, i had also taken a wee 1/4 bt of vodka(Class !) with me. Dropped it outside the stands but inside the stadium. So i picked it up and put it in the bin. Still got ejected and lost my season ticket. Had to go and speak to the head of seacuirty, and to be fair to him he was sound as hell, just told me to make sure not to get caught next time.

Looking back you should have giving a false address.

If he had given a wrong address to the policeman that's a criminal offence. A night in the cells would've been even worse.

The Old Tolbooth

Once again a reason to drive( I dont doubt the OP ) the fans away from spending money on football in Scotland and the Hearts.

Perth last year, my son was told to sit down while he was getting money out his front pocket , FFS The SPL are killing the game with the nanny state, or is it just Hearts that get a hard time?.

It's not just us mate, it's fans of other clubs too, including the old firm believe it or not.

There are regular complaints about the over officious stewarding at a lot of grounds by fans of all clubs, and to me the problem appears to be jumped up stewards who are on a power trip because they probably were bullied at school or something, some of them are completely pathetic and I'm afraid the OP's story is just another pathetic case of these idiots chasing people away.

it can but it is not illegal and it should only be enforced if you are totally plastered.

Actually, entering (or attempting to) a football ground in Scotland while drunk is against the law.

Football clubs are getting above themselves these days.

Far to many rules and do's and dont's.

Fans should take strike action empty grounds all over the country until they give us our game back.

OP should not have been drunk in charge of kids though.

A wee true story. My brother got pulled over by the polis while driving to my house on boxing day last year witth his wife and two kids. He is a recovering alcoholic. The cop told him he was speeding and asked when the last time he had a drink. What time is it now?, my bro asked. 1230, said the polis to which my brother replied July 2007.

Maybe you had to be there but I laughed although his missus wasn't too pleased.

Hearts of Vladland

Actually, entering (or attempting to) a football ground in Scotland while drunk is against the law.

Do people not drink in the gorgie club before games so surely this mean Hearts are allowing people to break the law?

Drylaw Hearts

Do people not drink in the gorgie club before games so surely this mean Hearts are allowing people to break the law?

Eh......how ?

I was just stating a fact, not wanting to start a debate on the definition of "being drunk".

grumpy rebus

Assuming they have nothing to drink before hand, they are not "under the influence" when entering the ground.

This is an outrage these " More than my jobs worth " brigade are total twa-s, you give them a hat and a badge, and thats it they think they rule the world.

Hearts of Vladland

Eh......how ?

Guessing by 'while drunk' they mean basically legless rather just having alcohol in your system?

Hearts of Vladland

Assuming they have nothing to drink before hand, they are not "under the influence" when entering the ground.

From http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/T&Cs/0,,10289,00.html

e. No photographs, video recordings, sound recordings or similar may be made within the stadium without Hearts' prior written approval. Entry to the stadium may be denied to persons with audio, visual and/or audio/visual recording equipment of any sort, or anyone who is (or becomes) under the influence of alcohol, or is carrying any articles prohibited by the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995.

RoussetsShorts

Kind of off topic but I know a guy who's best mate stewards at Stirling Albion games. As a steward he recognised a regular fan who's always causing bother and this guy was reekin and swearing etc. The steward asked the polis to kick him out which they did. Later that night in Stirling the guy he got chucked out saw him outside a boozer and bottled him. Slashed up his face and permanent scars.

RoussetsShorts

From http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/T&Cs/0,,10289,00.html

e. No photographs, video recordings, sound recordings or similar may be made within the stadium without Hearts' prior written approval. Entry to the stadium may be denied to persons with audio, visual and/or audio/visual recording equipment of any sort, or anyone who is (or becomes) under the influence of alcohol, or is carrying any articles prohibited by the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995.

I assume this means that anybody who goes to diggers, robbos, tynie arms etc before the match for a few pints is therefore under the influence and should be banned. That'd bring our support down about 1000 adults. What's next, breathalysers at the turnstiles? The sanitisation of the game is absolutely killing it.

The legal definition of drunk is blurry and often comes down to the discretion of the person responsible, be that steward, police or bar staff.

It's great in the bar trade as you can refuse to serve someone for being drunk after one beer.

Not saying it's right but aye, you could argue that anyone who has a beer at the gorgie club/suite/any other hospitality during a game is under the influence and could be removed.

Obviously Hearts aren't going to do that.

Napoleon  Wilson

Im really sorry to hear that mate, i think thats absolutely outrageous. We are getting p'shed up simpletons at games giving it the red hand of ulster and spewing sectarian bile and nothing ever seems to get done about. Yet yourself has a few beers, slips on a damned set of stairs and ends up getting banned for a season? There is something just not right about that at all. I hope you can get your ban overturned ASAP

GoldenChed.png

The Hearts stadium managers, stewards and police can all GTF as far as I'm concerned. Many supporters of HMFC have been treated awfully over the last wee while by the club.

I suppose it's inevitable they will achieve there goal of turning Tynie into a library soon enough with all the supporters who I have been told of recently who have been banned.

I assume this means that anybody who goes to diggers, robbos, tynie arms etc before the match for a few pints is therefore under the influence and should be banned. That'd bring our support down about 1000 adults. What's next, breathalysers at the turnstiles? The sanitisation of the game is absolutely killing it.

Correct :thumbsup: Its all a part of a match day ritual. Going to the pub, meeting mates, taking in a live TV game beforehand etc. :rolleyes:

Most folk see it as a day out and dont want just turn up go to game and then home. As long as you are not totally pished and making a erse of yourself common sense should prevail with the stewards. <_< Unfortunately most of them seem to be lacking in that and also have had a sense of humour by-pass. :mellow:

If you like me go for a few drinks before a match then BEWARE! There's a new lunatic of a security officer on board at Tynecastle who obviously doesn't like this and he is hammering us for it?! I was up at Inverness a few weeks ago and admittedly I had a few sherries prior to kick-off and was a little worse for wear but not exactly crawling.At Half-Time I slipped on the wet steps and stumbled slightly.

[iHmmmm, sounds like you are being more than a little economical with the facts here. No???[/i]

It was then that a wee hitler from the local constabulary asked me exactly what I was doing.I slipped was my reply then he came out with an angry we splutter that I was in fact under the influence of alcohol inside a Scottish Football Stadium.I said I'd had a few but could answer his questions clearly even though he was giving me a ticking off in an arrogant manner.He then asked my address and told me he was ejecting me from the stadium? I had my daughter there and it made her hysterical thinking her Dad was being taken away and the uncertanty of it all.Anyway I left the stadium and didn't go back to try and get in.

Prior to the Motherwell game I received a letter from this lunatic security officer telling me as I had commited an offence I was banned for seeing Hearts for 12 games?! 12 games for what?

[i]If you check the supporters charter on the Hearts website, you will see quite clearly why you were banned. There is a scale of penalties and being ejected from a football ground merits a 12 match ban on that scale. Had the offence been sectarian or some of the other more serious ones that you mention you would have been banned for much longer.[/i]

I decided to phone this imbecile and the phone call got a little heated when he accused me of other things and a 12 game ban was suffice? I told him he hadn't heard the last of this and would get someone official to have words with him.Then I was threatning him somehow?? I left it and was told my ban could be increased to 24 games if I didn't send a letter of apology?? For what exactly?

[/quote

C'mon lets hear the facts, just a little heated, eh? Sounds to me like you lost your rag at him and compounded the original offence. I know of a guy who received a similar letter to yours, following the recent match at Celtic, and when he spoke to the guy and explained the facts (calmly!) he had his ban overturned. From what you say, you seem to have adopted a slightly different and less successful approach!!!

I'd go to Tynecastle in person and demand to speak to a Hearts official

'If you check the supporters charter on the Hearts website, you will see quite clearly why you were banned. There is a scale of penalties and being ejected from a football ground merits a 12 match ban on that scale. Had the offence been sectarian or some of the other more serious ones that you mention you would have been banned for much longer.

Well if Hearts are going to apply that charter to the letter, then I expect the majority of Rangers fans and Celtic fans and half of section N will be getting banned then.

The People's Chimp

That sounds absolutely ludicrous.

Another example of the club backing everyone else above the fans, who are the life and soul of this club.

Same as the Huns incident, incited by 6 of the mutants giving ''up ye'' gestures, and all the club can say is that our fans are a disgrace. Lawrence Broadie etc: Poofs.

You've got a point.

I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with some of the responses on here. I know folk like a joke, but in a situation like this, taking the OP at face value, we should be backing him. It's nobs like the new security guy who do drive fans away from the game.

I know it's a very minor thing, but an example of this roaster's new regime is that you can't go past the main stand main entrance to tynie before/after the game - we always meet my dad's mate there, but now we have to go around the back of the TO, because the Security guy has declared that this is a "STERILE AREA." Admittedly, this is such a minor thing, but to me it reeks of his overall approach to the job - making life more difficult for fans for no real reason.

Another thing that bugs me about all this is the fact that we are paying for all this health and safety ^^^^ . If we got rid of half of these jobsworths we would'nt have to pay so much for our season tickets. They treat us like s*** and we pay them for the pleasure. :verymad::verymad:

ToadKiller Dog

Taking the OP at face value then yes a 12 match ban is ludicrious ,seems the club has gone a good bit overboard . Inverness away to a lot of folk is seen as more than just an away game often a weekend or a long day out ,most at Inverness do have a few or slightly more drinks never seen anything over the top inside the stadium apart from the T towel gangs few songs .

If the OP is being honest which at this time i have no reason to doubt it understandable why he lost the plot on the phone .

He would be better to put in an appeal or speak to one of the fans groups (if they still excist ) to see if they can arrange a more calm meeting to discuss things in a better enviroment .

When you think the club constantly lets the Uglies fill the Rosefield with toothless buckie swilling eejits and never lifts a finger this guys punishments seems a case of picking on the easy just to look like they are doing something .

Malcolm Tucker

fat%20guy.JPG?fileId=2287685

"Hey! Away fans!..... enticed?"

'If you check the supporters charter on the Hearts website, you will see quite clearly why you were banned. There is a scale of penalties and being ejected from a football ground merits a 12 match ban on that scale. Had the offence been sectarian or some of the other more serious ones that you mention you would have been banned for much longer.

Well if Hearts are going to apply that charter to the letter, then I expect the majority of Rangers fans and Celtic fans and half of section N will be getting banned then.

That's another argument. I suspect that you will find that the Celtic and Rangers fans will claim that their songs are not sectarian and that they are simply celebrating their heritage. I have a different view, although it is evident that neither the SFA or the courts are willing to take them on, so they get away with it. In the case of the OP, he appears, by his own admission, to have been guilty of the following:

a. having been "worse for wear" in a Scottish football ground (ie not just to have had a couple of pints but to have been so pissed that he couldn't walk properly;

b. to have been drunk while in charge of a minor (ie a serious offence in itself)

c. to have become rather "heated" during his telephone call to the Hearts official (he doesn't expand on what that means but I think we can all guess, given that his ban was increased to 24, and then for the rest of the season).

As I said, I think the OP is being slightly economical with the facts but even, based on what he has admitted, it seems clear that there is a case for him to answer. I don't think Hearts or anyone else is saying that we can't have a few drinks before or after a match but that there are limits on what is acceptable and legal.

The People's Chimp

'If you check the supporters charter on the Hearts website, you will see quite clearly why you were banned. There is a scale of penalties and being ejected from a football ground merits a 12 match ban on that scale.

Wow. That's horrendous when there is no appeal, or means of challenge/explanation. I think I will avoid Parkhead in future, as we all know what happens there.

Wow. That's horrendous when there is no appeal, or means of challenge/explanation. I think I will avoid Parkhead in future, as we all know what happens there.

FAO The OP - Do Hearts not operate a Bar in the Gorgie lounge and corporate areas in effect openly asking people to enter the stadium whilst under the influence. Double standards!

Thunderstruck

Does anyone know where the OP can get a Burkah? Short of him developing some remorse or having a tact and diplomacy transplant, it is the only way he will get into Tynecastle again this year.

There has got to be an appeals process, it's the law (human rights).

If I recall correctly the Federation, HMSA and Trust insisted that all fans would have the right to a fair hearing when the Charter was first published 4 or 5 years ago. Indeed, the mate that I referred to in an earlier post felt that he had a fair hearing when he appealed to the club against the ban dished out to him following his problems with the authorities at Parkhead. His ban was overturned. Also didn't David McLetchie MSP intervene and sort out the Glasgow polis a few years ago about the way in which our fans were treated at Parkhead?

The People's Chimp

There has got to be an appeals process, it's the law (human rights).

If I recall correctly the Federation, HMSA and Trust insisted that all fans would have the right to a fair hearing when the Charter was first published 4 or 5 years ago. Indeed, the mate that I referred to in an earlier post felt that he had a fair hearing when he appealed to the club against the ban dished out to him following his problems with the authorities at Parkhead. His ban was overturned. Also didn't David McLetchie MSP intervene and sort out the Glasgow polis a few years ago about the way in which our fans were treated at Parkhead?

I'm not quite sure that the ECHR gives football fans a right of appeal against decisions to ban them from football grounds.

Nelly Terraces

The minute you've let any alcohol enter your body you can be 'under the influence' in some sense, no matter how mild.

OP, my advice to you would be, get a meeting with a club official, and ensure you act with the utmost contrition and politeness. I know what has happened to you sounds totally over the top and the punishment doesn't fit the crime in this case. Explain the circumstances, and that your sorry, even offer to make some sort of contribution to HMFC youth development or something, it may win them over. It's worth a shot.

The only other thing is, I doubt anyone at HMFC is clever enough to have stopped your season ticket from working, and as I presume absolutley nobody there knows what you look like, then really whats stopping you from turning up at games? Nothing really.

Good luck anyway.

Archived