Ricky Hatton in Manchester

Edinburgh JT

Edinburgh JT

I'm thinking of going down to see "the hitman" in May at the City of Manchester stadium with a mate and was wondering what the atmosphere etc... is like at these events i.e. if you're up the back of the upper section in a stadium is it still worth going? :P

Surely witnessing the comeback of Ricky Hatton would be a good spectacle..

Bindy Badgy

I saw Naseem Hamed fight the Spanish bloke in what I think was Hamed's last fight. It was at London Arena (I think). I was right at the back and the view was crap. The atmosphere was pretty rubbish as the fight was honking.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I'm thinking of going down to see "the hitman" in May at the City of Manchester stadium with a mate and was wondering what the atmosphere etc... is like at these events i.e. if you're up the back of the upper section in a stadium is it still worth going? :P

Surely witnessing the comeback of Ricky Hatton would be a good spectacle..

He's fighthing a guy not ranked in the Top 10 (I think) by any organisation. Don't waste your money. All it is is a tune up fight for Paulie Malignaggi.

I love boxing and love Ricky Hatton but the only way I would go to this event was if someone bought me a ticket.

He should be trying to build a legacy for himself at Light Welterweight, not fighting folk that are past their best.

Edinburgh JT
He's fighthing a guy not ranked in the Top 10 (I think) by any organisation. Don't waste your money. All it is is a tune up fight for Paulie Malignaggi.

I love boxing and love Ricky Hatton but the only way I would go to this event was if someone bought me a ticket.

He should be trying to build a legacy for himself at Light Welterweight, not fighting folk that are past their best.

Fair point but equally I would have thought it would be a better atmosphere than that type of fight would normally merit due to the fact that its a comeback fight and as you say he'll blast this "unknown" (Juan Lazcano) out of the ring.

The cheapest tickets are about ?25 I think so not too bad for a nights boxing entertainment.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Fair point but equally I would have thought it would be a better atmosphere than that type of fight would normally merit due to the fact that its a comeback fight and as you say he'll blast this "unknown" (Juan Lazcano) out of the ring.

The cheapest tickets are about ?25 I think so not too bad for a nights boxing entertainment.

True. I'm just a bit peeved as he said that felt he only had 5 fights left in him, and he is wasting one of them on this guy.

It will still be a good night. Hopefully they can give the fans a good undercard aswell.

True. I'm just a bit peeved as he said that felt he only had 5 fights left in him, and he is wasting one of them on this guy.

It will still be a good night. Hopefully they can give the fans a good undercard aswell.

I am pretty sure he said he will retire before his is 31.

EDIT: I thought so - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/other-sports/article3228940.ece

We are running a bus to it m8, allday affair and up the road after the clubs shut after the fight. Spaces available if you're interested.

Edinburgh JT
We are running a bus to it m8, allday affair and up the road after the clubs shut after the fight. Spaces available if you're interested.

Cheers for the offer :) I'll think about it.

Archived