Hartley kick

JamboAl

I seem to remember PH being hauled before the GFA for kicking a Celtic opponent but which was missed by the ref.

Can anyone let me know if Bougherra is being similarly dealt with for his fly kick at Elliot on Saturday.

PS - I am not holding my breath.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbf they're not really comparable. Bougherra's, whislt a foul, I'm sure was violent conduct. Either the ref sends him off, or he doesn't (in the case of Rangers, he doesn't).

Hartley's was basically him running up to Ross Wallace and booting him. Wasn't really open to interpretation. It was, however, a fanatsic example of violence against Celtic. :lol:

Tbf they're not really comparable. Bougherra's, whislt a foul, I'm sure was violent conduct. Either the ref sends him off, or he doesn't (in the case of Rangers, he doesn't).

Hartley's was basically him running up to Ross Wallace and booting him. Wasn't really open to interpretation. It was, however, a fanatsic example of violence against Celtic. :lol:

Not a patch on wee Robbo punching Tommy Burns at Parkhead late 80's early 90's - sure someone can dredge up a pic/video

The biggest problem with Paul Hartley retrospective ban was that, as usual, there was no parity. Paul Hartley qas quite rightly dealt with after TV camera caught what the ref didn't see.

Neil Lennon in the same game connected with a swipe at Hartley which was far enough from the ball for the ref not to see. The ruling afterwards was that it was in normal play (i.e. an attempt at the ball) so couldn't and wouldn't be dealt with.

We lost our most influencial player whilst our, at that point of the season, title rivals continued with a full squad.

And that's not to mention Takis being sent off for no contact and Balde not being reprimanded for a clear professional foul on Cesny. So actually we lost 2 of our biggest players and they kept two of theirs.

I know that's not what the thread's about, but still...!!!!!

Different kettles of fish.

Referee missed Hartley's one altogether, so no action was taken at the time.

Bougherra's was witnessed by the referee, who decided not to take action at the time.

avhudtheteeshirt

Different kettles of fish.

Referee missed Hartley's one altogether, so no action was taken at the time.

Bougherra's was witnessed by the referee, who decided not to take action at the time.

The only thing missed in the Hartley incident was the TV coverage forgot to show the elbow to his face by the same player outside the box, that being the reason for the assault in the box. This is why it happened and why the Beaks at the GFA thought it was a random assault by Hartley!!! Man in the stand must not have seen it either or it would have also been in his report?

Id just like to say, until they use video evidence during a match it should not be used once the match is finished.

Two unbelievably different situations.

Laughable to even try and compare them tbh.

Bougherra's was a foul yes, but Hartley was violent conduct.

The only thing missed in the Hartley incident was the TV coverage forgot to show the elbow to his face by the same player outside the box, that being the reason for the assault in the box. This is why it happened and why the Beaks at the GFA thought it was a random assault by Hartley!!! Man in the stand must not have seen it either or it would have also been in his report?

Correct. Hartley was bursting into the box and the boy just hung his arm out like a clothes line stopping him in his tracks

I dont think there was any mention of that fact ( mittigating surely ) nor any retrospective action taken against him :angry:

Wallace elbowed Zico inside the box

This is why I have to laugh at people who don't believe there is a bias in Scotland.

Tv coverage during the match clearly showed the elbow by Wallace but by the time it appears on the news and highlight programmes the elbow is edited out making Hartley's kick look unprovoked. Add to this Lennon's assault on Pressley's standing leg. 3 incidents in one game all clearly seen, only one punished. Then you have 2 identical tackles in identical areas of the park. one player gets a red card one a yellow.

Oh forgot to mention you must be daft if you think those nice gents at the sfa/spl thought it was a random assault, remember they got the same view as you and I. Just about as daft as posting on here when your supposed to be working hard. Run off your feet my earse :lol:

Archived