White Park

Pele_Is_God

Owned a flat there for 8 years. Loved my wee batcheloress pad, very reluctantly gave it up.

Wouldn't say its run down, just 80s Barratt flats aren't the most pleasing on the eye in general. Also has its own residents association and Les the chairman actually lives in the development so commissions all gardners tradesmen etc to do the upkeep. We voted for that in favour of our rip off factoring agents. He got more work done about the place in a year than Trinity ever had! Also 25% of the cost.

I could gladly move back. It's dead quiet as well you'd never think Gorgie road was 2 minutes away.

Cheers for the feedback, might be worth a viewing. It's just a studio but it's reasonably priced and would do me.

Yes one of the better bits and a parking space well worth 700 rent pcm for a one bedder with parking space good value for money IMO :thumbsup:

Yes one of the better bits and a parking space well worth 700 rent pcm for a one bedder with parking space good value for money IMO :thumbsup:

Wish I'd kept mine on and rented it out.

You sure you aren't getting stiffed for at least ?250pcm?

Owned a flat there for 8 years. Loved my wee batcheloress pad, very reluctantly gave it up.

Wouldn't say its run down, just 80s Barratt flats aren't the most pleasing on the eye in general. Also has its own residents association and Les the chairman actually lives in the development so commissions all gardners tradesmen etc to do the upkeep. We voted for that in favour of our rip off factoring agents. He got more work done about the place in a year than Trinity ever had! Also 25% of the cost.

I could gladly move back. It's dead quiet as well you'd never think Gorgie road was 2 minutes away.

Hi Kitster,

I stayed there for 15 years and I'm sure the original factor fees were ?120 every 6 months.

After taking over the factoring, one of the first things Les did was to paint all the front doors maroon (used to be a disgusting yellow). I'm sure of late he's stopped going to the games.

Agree with all you say. Only took me half an hour to clean my place top to bottom, easy to maintain, main bus routes a minute away but you'd never know, good chippies, Chinese and the delightful Kebab Express (downside being that I think it's all night licence got revoked)

Can't think of too many if any downsides. On the odd occassion I was early to bed Saturday night / Sunday morning the odd person (including a vertically challenged postie) could keep me awake singing fruity songs after Robbos closed; 2 complete and utter to$$ers that battered shee-ite out of their wives, but I suppose there aren't too many tenements/flats in Edinburgh where that might not happen.

One of my neighbours used to complain about some guy coming home half cut, putting food on and setting off his fire alarms, but I'm sure they knew he was a loveable rogue at heart :thumbsup:

All in all a great place to live, although I'd imagine the profit making opportunities in the properties now are minimal.

Good times from me.

Wish I'd kept mine on and rented it out.

You sure you aren't getting stiffed for at least ?250pcm?

Not at all, i got a really tidy flat, and a parking space, it costs around 550 per month for a bog standard i bedder in Wardlaw Place/Street.

The demand for rented flats at the moment is outstripping supply

Archived