Nevio Scala for Hobos

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

:whistling:

Nevio Scala quick to throw hat into ring for Hibs job

By BARRY JOHNSTON

ITALIAN coaching legend Nevio Scala last night declared his interest in the vacant Hibs job.

The former Parma, Borussia Dortmund and Spartak Moscow coach is itching to get back into football. Scala says his track record of developing some of Europe's top stars makes him the ideal man for the Easter Road hotseat.

The veteran said: "Yes, I'm certainly interested. Many of my friends from Italian football, like Giovanni Trapattoni and Fabio Capello are now working in the British isles.

"I have always loved Scotland and Edinburgh is a very beautiful city. I am ready to go there.

"In Italy, we do not see too much Scottish football, but I know the club have a history of producing some very good young players.

"I read recently that Scott Brown, who started with Hibernian, was even linked with Juventus in Serie A.

"The greatest successes in my career have come when I've been working with young players. At Parma, I took a team of kids and won promotion

"I brought through Fabio Cannavaro and Gigi Buffon as young men at Parma. And I helped develop Gianfranco Zola, Thomas Brolin and Filippo Inzaghi.

"I have a great respect for Scottish football and I speak the language. Believe me, I know a lot about the country. I also had Paul Lambert with me in Dortmund and we spoke a lot about it.

"I've been out of football for the past couple of years, I've had a nice holiday, now I am ready to work. The Hibernian chairman can call me - I will be ready to talk."

"I read recently that Scott Brown, who started with Hibernian, was even linked with Juventus in Serie A."

:rofl:

just the man for the job. he even talks hobo... no language barrier this time.

The Future's Maroon

Over on iwillsellmyweedaughterBrittneyLeeandthedugforabagofsmack.net they are falling overthemselves thinking he would be a brilliant capture, they obviously dont know all the crap we went through with him.

Has he finished learning to speak the lingo on his wee farm yet - although, he probably doesnt need to speak English with that lot...think about the one they just emptied!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

have they just cut and paste the same quotes he gives every time a job becomes available? Stuart Baxter, take a back seat! :whistling:

shaun.lawson

It's so strange. In the early to mid-1990s, this guy genuinely was one of Europe's greatest, most sought after coaches. What Parma achieved under him was extraordinary. Then he joined European Champions Dortmund, and it's been downhill all the way for him since.

When I read yet another "Scala throws his hat into the ring at x" story, I'm always left with the impression of someone who just can't deal with the reality that his time has gone, and the world moved on. It's sad. Nevio - you've lost your dignity, mate. :mellow:

Frankenstein Jambo.

He has not managed a club in 8 years.

Good manager in his day but those days are over.

It's so strange. In the early to mid-1990s, this guy genuinely was one of Europe's greatest, most sought after coaches. What Parma achieved under him was extraordinary. Then he joined European Champions Dortmund, and it's been downhill all the way for him since.

When I read yet another "Scala throws his hat into the ring at x" story, I'm always left with the impression of someone who just can't deal with the reality that his time has gone, and the world moved on. It's sad. Nevio - you've lost your dignity, mate. :mellow:

I agree Shaun, he says he helped develop Zola, Brolin and Inzaghi, 2 of which have long since retired and the other is 37 years old. He's hardly got his finger on the pulse....in fact he probably has to keep checking he has one himself.

Mind you, his wiki page says that apart from 6 years with Parma, he's only ever lasted one season at a time with every other club so maybe he is the man for Hubz...for 12 months :whistling:

I think Nevio even applies to manage branches of Greggs such is his desire to get himself a job in Edinburgh.

Scottish Football is so far back in the dark ages that Paw Broon can get results. Nevio Scala would romp the league with a team of Girl Guides - which is exactly what he'd be working with at Hibs.

I remember wanting us to get him when he applied for us. The only manager I can think of with a CV of siilar calibre was Malofeev. I remember being optimistic when we brought him in...

Hopefully he follows in the 1966 world cup stars' footsteps.

Jambo Maroon

He has not managed a club in 8 years.

Good manager in his day but those days are over.

Craig Brown's doing ok at Motherwell. Don't know about other Jambos but I'm curious to see just how this guy would do in the SPL. He's been linked to us so often in ther past.

Rudi's Left Peg

As long as he brings Brolin with him I'll be on board with this guy taking over the Hobos, the fat chocolate eating, poker playing, drug taking Swede will fit right in :-)

Frankenstein Jambo.

Craig Brown's doing ok at Motherwell. Don't know about other Jambos but I'm curious to see just how this guy would do in the SPL. He's been linked to us so often in ther past.

Difference is Craig Brown was never out of the game for 8 years and is accustomed to the brittish game.

Archived