Black takes out Jelavic..

Martin_T

linkin- hearts

Black did what he had to do, and yes it was cynical but he stopped a dangerous move developing, if he'd let the guy just waltz away he'd have been crucified in here and probably by JJ too. As for the other guy, yes i'd have been peeved if it had been one of ours but it's modern day football i'm afraid.

Roman Bednar anyone.... :whistling:

Gary Wales. Coming to the boil as a promising scottish goalscorer, has his leg broken for him at Ibrox by Numan (pretty sure) and is never able to capture the same level of form again.

Wales a young Scot probably now picking up a few hundred a week Jelavic the latest in a long line of hugely over paid foreign mercenaries lauded through in the west, who's opted to jump on the first plane home and sign himself off sick first chance he gets. Know where my sympathies lie.

watch Black being hung out to dry by currant bun media.

Charlie-Brown

Willie Johnston whilst a Hun player ran over our young full-back Stevie Hamilton's stomach - the kid was stretchered off it finished his season and i don't think he played for us again, this was also in the same year Bud received a 10/12 match ban for stamping on John McMaster's throat during an ugly Dons v Gers match this must have been approx 1980 and pre-dates Neil Simpson's challenge by about 6 or 7 seasons. Also Marvin Andrews crocking Bednar and Artur Numan crocking Gary Wales both of which went unpunished. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones so these freakin Hun toly's can go do one as far as iam concerned.

Cut The Crap

Lad's been unfortunate to be fair. The tackle was cynical, but hardly reckless or particularly dangerous. As "dirty" tackles go, it was one of the cleaner ones.

Charlie-Brown

Aberdeen player John McMaster had to be given the kiss of life during a game against Rangers on Sept 3rd 1980 after Johnston stamped on the players neck in a particularly unsavoury incident at Ibrox

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/2599938

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/france/7840758/World-Cup-2010-Nicolas-Anelka-joins-disgraced-hall-of-shame.html

The Old Tolbooth

I don't remember the same outrage when McGregor completely assaulted Clum and didn't receive a red card a couple of years back either, that was 100 times more blatant than Blackie's tackles, but because Blackie has injured one of theirs, there will now be a Miko style witch hunt.

And people wonder why Scottish football is no longer worth watching ffs, I'm just about sick fed up with the lot of it!

you can't help get the feeling that black will be the subject of some rough justice at the hands of various rangers thugs and an unsympathetic referee when the teams meet in games from now on. the likes of lafferty and mcculloch are the ones most likely to mete out revenge.

take lafferty for instance. how he didn't break glenn loovens leg at celtic park is remarkable. quite simply one of the most reckless lunges i've ever seen on the field of play. unremarkable is the fact that he wasn't sent off.

i strongly suspect he, and the likes of mcculloch, will be given ample leeway to exact whatever retribution that planet hunbrox deems fit.

I've seen worse tackles. I've seen worse tackles from Black in fact!

It's hardly our problem if those Huns are soft.

They dish it out enough and as has been said if Black had let him run right through he'd have been slated. He took one for them team. Can't fault that :thumbsup:

I actually think the challenge was a shocker. All he needed to do was clip the guys heels but he went in to hurt him a bit (not give him a serious injury right enough but still). It was a straight red in my book and would have been livid if any team did that to one of our players.

I've seen worse tackles. I've seen worse tackles from Black in fact!

It's hardly our problem if those Huns are soft.

They dish it out enough and as has been said if Black had let him run right through he'd have been slated. He took one for them team. Can't fault that :thumbsup:

That's the way I saw it at the time and no highlights etc have done anyjthing to change my mind, if somebody else had done the same to Naismith instead of standing off him then the final result might have been better for us and we'd have no missile enquiry going on either.

Thought at the time it would be a red card and we would all have wanted one if it had been on a Hearts player. Don't believe it was intended to injure though and have seen worse on our players.

Charlie-Brown

When/Until Hearts are fairly officiated against the Uglies (& others) then we can worry about the fairness or justice Ian Black's challenge or punishment.

Nelly Terraces

My totally unbiased and objective opinion is, I think the bloke dived, so he only has himself to blame. :D

Thunderstruck

Was Peter Shields not the victim of a tackle by McGrain that virtually removed his ankle from his leg?

Charlie-Brown

Was Peter Shields not the victim of a tackle by McGrain that virtually removed his ankle from his leg?

Yes and Celtic also 'won' the throw in. :mad:

Mark_Mywords

In the first half on Saturday, Bougherra brought down Elliot the same way stopping a promising Hearts move. Ref chose to ignore that one.

Nice one Black. :thumbsup:

In keeping with the thread, who was it that injured Gary Locke? I may be confusing it with the Gary Wales incident but I thought it was against them also.

I don't remember the same outrage when McGregor completely assaulted Clum and didn't receive a red card a couple of years back either, that was 100 times more blatant than Blackie's tackles, but because Blackie has injured one of theirs, there will now be a Miko style witch hunt.

And people wonder why Scottish football is no longer worth watching ffs, I'm just about sick fed up with the lot of it!

Out of interest John, has there been any "outrage"? That BBC article only relays the facts. Where is the "witch hunt"?

My opinion on the tackle is that it was a clear yellow and a "one for the team" kind of foul. I think that any claims that it could have been a red are extremely far from the mark.

it's not even as bad as the wild 'around the knees' lunge that McAnus had on driver in the league cup win at parkhead. his one wasn't even 'taking one for the team', it was purely a spiteful attempt to injure a fellow pro when the game was well lost.

if blackie suffers half the vitriol McAnus got in the papers then he'll have to put up with.... nothing at all.

Charlie-Brown

2myaxoz.jpg

Oooft.

John Greig, Tam Forsyth & Gregor Stevens never thought twice about taking man & ball or just man nor how high or late or dangerous their tackling was ..... they'd have told Jelavic to get up and stop being a pansy. ;)

Gods a Jambo

Gary Wales. Coming to the boil as a promising scottish goalscorer, has his leg broken for him at Ibrox by Numan (pretty sure) and is never able to capture the same level of form again.

Wales a young Scot probably now picking up a few hundred a week Jelavic the latest in a long line of hugely over paid foreign mercenaries lauded through in the west, who's opted to jump on the first plane home and sign himself off sick first chance he gets. Know where my sympathies lie.

watch Black being hung out to dry by currant bun media.

Couldnt agree more and was going to say the same thing. I was at the game and it happened not too far from me, the ***** never even got booked if i remember correctly.

Gods a Jambo

I actually think the challenge was a shocker. All he needed to do was clip the guys heels but he went in to hurt him a bit (not give him a serious injury right enough but still). It was a straight red in my book and would have been livid if any team did that to one of our players.

You sound livid about it now.

Oh by the way

The severity of that injury + time for the subs is exactly why we had 5 mins added on

Looking at that clip, I thought Black was catching him up and could have maybe taken another couple of strides and got a decent tackle in?

In keeping with the thread, who was it that injured Gary Locke? I may be confusing it with the Gary Wales incident but I thought it was against them also.

Out of interest John, has there been any "outrage"? That BBC article only relays the facts. Where is the "witch hunt"?

My opinion on the tackle is that it was a clear yellow and a "one for the team" kind of foul. I think that any claims that it could have been a red are extremely far from the mark.

Gary Locke injured himself.

The Old Tolbooth

It's mostly the huns that are expressing their outrage mate, but you just know that will spill over to the media eventually and then most likely he will be a marked man by refs just like Miko was, or am I just being paranoid again? :unsure:

For the record, I thought the ref could easily have dished out a straight red for that one, he clearly went for the players legs and not the ball, but if it gets one of those *******s then so be it, especially after all the incidents that mob have gotten away with over the years which have went unpunished.

You sound livid about it now.

Nah I aint livid. I think he was right to commit the foul but the challenge was OTT.

I'm certainly not going to congratulate Black for it that's for sure.

The only thing that would have made this even better would have been if it was Naysmith on the end of the tackle.

I would never tire of lamping that we ******'s " Rangers " face.

What he got away with on Saturday would have got 3 red cards for a Jambo Player.

Hope the foreign hun enjoys his months of leisure while trousering his huge wage at their expense.

As far as I'm concerned nothing is ruled out when either of the OF suffers a loss of a player due to a tackle , legal or otherwise.

The more career-threatening the better.

Frankenstein Jambo.

It is made even more halarious by the fact that they paid over 4 million for him.

Something like this makes investments by clubs that can't really afford it all the more stupid.

Well done blackie, more terrior stuff like that and you'll do just fine at this club.

P.S - Apart from being a hun, why does everyone hate Naysmith so much?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Splendid viewing.

Jelavic clearly leaves his foot in to prevent Black from making a clean tackle.

Foul to Hearts and a booking for Jelavic:thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

It's just a yellow. You see challenges like that in every game. For a genuinely X-rated challenge, see Ross Tokely on Mitchel Megginson on Saturday - which Calum Murray, who had a shocking game, on another level entirely from Craig Thomson in terms of awfulness, unbelievably only cautioned.

I wish there was footage somewhere of Arthur Numan on Gary Wales. I was at that game, and never found out afterwards if it was intentional, or just one of those things that happens in Scottish football with players charging around at 100 mph all the time.

Snake Plissken

2myaxoz.jpg

Oooft.

If it was Naimsith, I'd be able to masturbate to it.

Super stuff Blackie.

Archived