Traffic wardens at ERI

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Got a ticket this morning and was only gone 7 minutes :verymad: I think it is out of order that they are targeting hospitals!

Got a ticket this morning and was only gone 7 minutes :verymad: I think it is out of order that they are targeting hospitals!

I think you'll find they target illegally parked cars, rather than hospitals.

:whistling:

I do think that it's a piece of crap that we build new hospitals without them having sufficient parking for Staff, Out Patients, and Visitors.

:thumb:

The Real Maroonblood

Traffic Wardens should get their arse down to the Balmoral Hotel

The number of times I have passed there with cars constantly parked on double yellow lines.

They probaly just turn a blind eye to it.

jambos are go!

There will be traffic wardens and paid parking at all Hospital soon let me be foolish enough to predict. Interesting that the new parking facilities at the Westen General were built with barriers at the ready.

jack D and coke

There will be traffic wardens and paid parking at all Hospital soon let me be foolish enough to predict. Interesting that the new parking facilities at the Westen General were built with barriers at the ready.

It was of the first things the SNP done when they got into power was abolish parking restrictions at hospitals. However the ERI is pivately owned and leased to the NHS therefore they butt **** you for parking.

There's the odd human one but generally i abuse them at every opportunity.

My pal is quite human.. He tries to help them. When he first started he used to argue back. Now just say you must be right...

HAving had a vast experience (unwanted) of both the ERI and the WEstern this year I have to say the parking is excellant.

The cost of parking at the ERI is about ?1 an hour (or thereabouts).. cough you skinflints! no need to park illegally and possibly in areas where emergency access for firecrews or ambulances may be needed.

At the Western its free. for both patients and vistors. the barriers are put up after a certain time and you can come and go as you please. (certainly at the ward 1/2 car park.) they have attendants at the barriers during the day to ensure that patients undergoing treatment and those driving them can get a space.

Also worth a mention that St Johns in livingston scrapped pay to park over 2 years ago.

So no,.. It doesn't neccessarily follow that you will have to pay to park at every hospital.

The highway code is quite simple really, and all drivers must have passe dit..

double yellow means no parking. Simples.

(This does not mean i agree with over zealous traffic wardens or blue meanies working to a target.. 1 or 2 minutes, yeah leave it and see if they turn up but unfortunately theres an element of society who want to get away with everything..)

Archived