first ever memory of watching hearts...

droid

a lot of argueing and sniping on jkb these days so heres something that should make us all think of better times...

Scott Crabbe throwing his jersey into the crowd in his last game for Hearts when I was 5. Can't remember anything about the game.

Scott Crabbe throwing his jersey into the crowd in his last game for Hearts when I was 5. Can't remember anything about the game.

Remember that day Bajthejambo - was absolutely gutted he was one of my favorit players at the time.

1st memory of a Hearts game was Hearts vs Aberdeen in the family enclosure with my brother who then supported the sheep (changed teams more than underwear).

Remember we got done by 3 goals - think it was 1985, my dad had to split us up down the front as we were battering lumps out of each other.

I have the memory of a goldfish so most of the games around that time just merge into one.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Was 4yr old (1972) no idea of game but we lived in Fife at time(dad was in Navy at Rosyth) and was also my 1st train trip...

Only went to dozen games until 1977 when we moved to Edinburgh permanently and we got season tickets...

Terrible years as many know,followed by my teen years 82-88 which were fantastic.Maybe no trophies but the league was more open and hibs were so easy to beat.

Texaco cup final in 1971. Tho I remember Andy Lynch having to jump into the enclosure to get the ball as it was Empty, think that was before the cup final.

Sorry double post ..... Watched the jambos on the tv a lot when they had the games live on BBC on sunday and I'm Europe

Giles Rousset being sent off away to Motherwell, 23rd November 1999. Was my first ever away game (outwith the 1998 final) I think.

5o years ago in August just passed my brother took me to see Hearts v Clyde ( I Think ) in the League Cup. Unfortunately that was at the end of the great years!

Do The Dance

First game I can really remember was a 0-0 game against Hibs. Looking at LondonHearts it was on 16 November 1996. I think I was at games before then, but I'm not sure.

i remember a couple of games , late 70's i think

1 was a draw against air united and the other was a victory against cowdenbeath(we must have been pish at the time as i vaguely remember my old man complaing that he lost cash at the bookies betting on cowden to beat us)

i do know i was at games before then but it was 1 of these that i remember first

Nelly Terraces

Vague memories of seeing us on TV in the very early 70's, can't remember who we were playing, but we got beat (nothing changes). 1st game was 1977 v the Sheep, won 2-1 on a Wed night. Yeah, I know, I don't look that old.... :whistling:

rossthejambo

I think my first game was in about 1994 against Motherwell. But I don't really remember much about the game.

Just remember going to the Orwell before the game with my dad and sitting in the Wheatfield stand. Think it was the game that Stevie Kirk battered the ball into the stand and just about knocked someone out.

One of my first games was hearts 2 Dundee united 1 in Scottish cup 1995. They scored first but John millar scored both hearts goals I think. Went to most of the games in the cup that season. Including the 4-2 rangers game :-) and the airdrie semi final at hampden :-( I'm sure that we beat Clyde in one of the rounds and davie cooper played, which I think was not long before he died.

That was the season that got me hooked on football and HMFC. I went to games before then but wasn't that interested or understood what the fuss was about.

Charlie-Brown

Sometime before 1976 Cup Final I think it was probably 1975 I went to Tynecastle and we played Ayr Utd & Dundee Utd although I can't remember which one was first, i do remember a couple of my school pals also being there and spending most of the game running about the terracing playing tig and hide & seek, we also got some extra bonus pocket money that we found on the ground after Hearts had scored, also men passing beer cans around and us kicking the empties about.

One of my first games was hearts 2 Dundee united 1 in Scottish cup 1995. They scored first but John millar scored both hearts goals I think. Went to most of the games in the cup that season. Including the 4-2 rangers game :-) and the airdrie semi final at hampden :-( I'm sure that we beat Clyde in one of the rounds and davie cooper played, which I think was not long before he died.

Just did a bit of research (too much time on my hands) it was clydbank not clyde, and that was cooper's last ever start as a senior footballer. On wiki.

That was the season that got me hooked on football and HMFC. I went to games before then but wasn't that interested or understood what the fuss was about.

Hearts 3:2 Arbroath

My first match. I remember my dad saying during the preceeding week that he would take me to the game. That was me all excited from then until kick off.

My Dad insisted on getting there an hour before KO to "beat the crowd" - ffs Dad, we're in the 1st Division! - although I reckon it was more to do with a parking space...

Anyway, all good especially the wagon wheel the size of a frisbee purchased from one of the gadgies who walked round the track.

Main memory is the old stansions that used to adorn the posts at Tynie. Unique as far as I am aware.

That and Cammy Fraser for some reason....

First game a George Fleming hatrick at Brockville.First game at Tynecastle a seven goal humping on New Years Day.

It says a lot that you went back, most people would have been put off :-)

Hearts 3:2 Arbroath

My first match. I remember my dad saying during the preceeding week that he would take me to the game. That was me all excited from then until kick off.

My Dad insisted on getting there an hour before KO to "beat the crowd" - ffs Dad, we're in the 1st Division! - although I reckon it was more to do with a parking space...

Anyway, all good especially the wagon wheel the size of a frisbee purchased from one of the gadgies who walked round the track.

Main memory is the old stansions that used to adorn the posts at Tynie. Unique as far as I am aware.

That and Cammy Fraser for some reason....

Boris - I discussed this very match with you before in the Ardmillian and I am sure this is the game that Hearts wore white and Abroath wore their 'maroon' home strip. They scored very early on as my brother nad myself just walked into Tynie - we started to celebrate before we were advised that we were losing 1-0. :mellow:

Vague memories of seeing us on TV in the very early 70's, can't remember who we were playing, but we got beat (nothing changes). 1st game was 1977 v the Sheep, won 2-1 on a Wed night. Yeah, I know, I don't look that old.... :whistling:

I remember that game, except would put it 1976 not long after we were knocked out of Europe by Hamburg. I remember we got a goal from a move that involved a full-back overlapping, and this was described by the Evening News as a "European style" goal, something we'd learned from the cup winners cup campaign.

I'd also hazard a guess that this was a midweek game because the Dons had played in the League Cup Final on the Saturday. Forget who they beat (they tanked Rangers in the semi though) but this was under the one and only Ally McLeod.

(if memory serves.... the above might be complete rubbish)

Archived