Official Positives Thread

Acey

1. Marian Kello is the best goalkeeper in the SPL, and is our most valuable player after Wallace.

2. Yo Adrian is a good centre-half.

3. 3-5-2 worked really well until Obua had to go off.

4. Craig Thomson got up and down the right wing really well.

5. Calum Elliot didn't get bullied by Weir and Bougherra in the way he usually does.

6. Ian Black played well in the centre of midfield.

7. It was a really exciting game; would rather lose like that than last week's snorefest.*

Onwards and upwards.

*If Hearts have to lose at all.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

8. Bouzid was top class winning every header and some great tackles

9. Rudi scores!!! And I liked him in the free role through the middle

8. Bouzid was top class winning every header and some great tackles

9. Rudi scores!!! And I liked him in the free role through the middle

Great to read positive posts instead of all the usual drivel after we lose a game. Get your heads up you doom and gloomers JJ will get it right and I think he may stick with the 3-5-2 format.

1. Marian Kello is the best goalkeeper in the SPL, and is our most valuable player after Wallace.

5. Calum Elliot didn't get bullied by Weir and Bougherra in the way he usually does.

7. It was a really exciting game; would rather lose like that than last week's snorefest.*

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with all the above.

8. Jonsson looking more like himself again.

9. Elliot managing for the 3rd or 4th time this season not to strop like a bairn when a decision goes against him.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought we were pretty good today. Bad one to take at the end but overall it was a much improved performance.

Also got the predicter score right. :thumbsup:

Ray Winstone

Onwards and upwards.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Kello was magnificent today - the save onto the post one was one of the best I have seen in a long time.

I like that formation, and we should stick with it until we sort out the defence. CT looked great as a wing-back and Eggert looked good, after the booking he couldn't get stuck in as much, but he won the ball back a few times and broke up play well.

Also got the predicter score right. :thumbsup:

Top stuff AP, a good win for Clumshot might be a saving grace.

I'm sure, as we are Jambos. That you'll all congratulate our predictor team on some good predicting, and we can take a positive from that.

Excellent today barr the result. :yucky:

If we keep the formation and push on against the weaker teams we will win a LOT more than we'd loose.

Top marks to JJ and the team! :thumbsup:

Greedy_Jambo

I'm fairly positive today. Normally a hearts loss puts me on a right downer but i thought JJ picked the right team and the right tactics against a very good rangers team.

We were very unlucky to get nothing from the match. (point wise)

I think JJ will get a lot from the game though. Onwards and upwards as another guy said.

Anybody put money on Rudi to score first? That'd be a big positive.

I was gutted I never. Ross told me at 1-0 that Rudi was 20/1 (blink.gif) in Ladbrokes yesterday to score first.

Once we can pick from a full squad things will be much better.

Rudi getting on the score sheet Kello as said playing brilliantly.Adrian played great, Kyle looking threatening.

Toto running riot from January Templeton Suso and Driver coming back.

Non corrupt officials refereeing the games. :whistling: (Well you can dream)

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with everything except this. I thought Obua was positionally poor and had quite a few lapses in concentration. They were exploiting from his side the whole first half.

Agree with everything except this. I thought Obua was positionally poor and had quite a few lapses in concentration. They were exploiting from his side the whole first half.

He tucked in a few times, but he did his job well and provided some additional height at the back. I thought he did well.

Pride was most definately restored today. It was a top performance with so many players missing against the top team in the country by a mile. The result didn't go for us, but that was night and day compared to the Motherwell game.

Johanes de Silentio

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with this - loads of positives to be taken from today.

The defending for the winner, though - jesus! :angry:

Happy to be a Jambo again today. Wasn't so chuffed last week. Gutted not to get at least a point but if we show that level of commitment every week we will win more often than not.

Kello is having an outstanding start to the season. Man of the match closely followed by bouzid.

Onwards and upwards.

1 + 5 are spot on.

I would add 8. by saying Rudi running and passing through the middle was good.

Anybody put money on Rudi to score first? That'd be a big positive.

I was gutted I never. Ross told me at 1-0 that Rudi was 20/1 (blink.gif) in Ladbrokes yesterday to score first.

:whistling:

?100 in the bank!

maroonlegions

Good thread and some excellent and positive posts on the positives taken from the game today.I would like to add that the team as a whole looked a lot more as if they where gelling a bit better than previous games.Not too down hearted but feeling optimistic about the possibilities of us eventually coming good, 3rd place i feel is not outwit our capabilities, good to see Rudi in a free role. :thumbsup:

Another positive is JJ. He got slated last week for a lack of tactical nous but he the the formation spot on today.

We should have won the match had KK taken one of his two sitters and the wall had done its bloody job at the other end.

Overall very happy with the performance :thumbsup:

Plenty of positives to take from today and it's nice to come in and see this at the top of the forum.

Onwards and upwards.

7. It was a really exciting game; would rather lose like that than last week's snorefest.

Hibs attitude, IMO :whistling:

Nelly Terraces

The big Polski at the back looks solid. Also giving loads of chat to Boozeheid and Barr which we need, as coion back there as communication back there's been non existant.

Loads more positives today, gutted about the result, but that's life. No more Palanonymous or Stevenson in mid please Mr Jeffries.

Jambof3tornado

We talked more than ever and helped each other out. Black has found a role that's suits his game. Clum and KK look to be working well together. Formation worked today but not sure it will be used against Aberdeen in a fortnight!

Kennedy Bakircioglu

It was good today. Formation should be what we stick to throughout the season. Hopefully pick up a left back in the window, although Obua wasn't bad today.

good points well made acey and i can't agree more

the team seemed to gel better, and we looked a lot better.

as gutting as it was to lose at least we can be proud of the display, albeit there were some lapses and the defence still isn't up to scratch. the fight is back and the fact i'm as angry at losing that game as i am shows i've lost my apathy as well. i thought we'd get beaten yesterday, but after rudi scored and the performance from our boys, i thought we could take something from the game.

onwards and upwards

kello and mrowiec in particular can take a bow

Walter Bishop

Onwards and upwards.

hahahahahah I was ridiculed on here by the SEETHERS and RAGERS for daring to say Kello was POTENTIALLY worth ?1 million in a thread i started regarding the value of our current squad.

Loving how i am being proved right, Kello is outstanding!!!!

jamboinglasgow

Another positive is JJ. He got slated last week for a lack of tactical nous but he the the formation spot on today.

We should have won the match had KK taken one of his two sitters and the wall had done its bloody job at the other end.

Overall very happy with the performance :thumbsup:

As you say, people often criticise JJ for his approach against the old firm but he changed his formation and it almost worked. If that second goal had not gone in then it would be seen similar to Walter Smiths tactics against Man U. We had chances up front and KK will be more annoyed then anyone (saw him in a ball on the ground after the second went in) the defence were working well and communicating. If anyone needs reminding, we played a team today that is still undefeated in the SPL, last week came from 2 goals behind to win 3-2 against Aberdeen, has drawn away at Old trafford and beaten the Turkish champions at Ibrox, nearly all their team are internationals. Annoying for the defensive lapse at the end but we set ourselves out right and JJ should be seen as getting that right.

Possibly one of Black's best games for us

I concur!

Bravo!

Mrowiec(as already mentioned) will be a certain first pick also if he can maintain the form shown today. His presence done wonders for our shape as a team today.

a safe pair of sells

Barr, Obua & the like just need to be played in the correct positions and get a little bit confidence, we'll get there. we just need a Derby to lift the spirits! Please Yogi stay till then! :pray:

hahahahahah I was ridiculed on here by the SEETHERS and RAGERS for daring to say Kello was POTENTIALLY worth ?1 million in a thread i started regarding the value of our current squad.

Backed you up before Jamie on that thread but nothing worse than a gloating arse.

Well done Acey for the OP.

The two goals aside I thought the defence played excellently. Mrowiec was a central defender in Poland and I thought he was outstanding alongside Bouzid. Maybe still a tad lightweight in midfield but Ian Black played, what for me was, his best game in maroon.

I hope JJ took lots of positives out of that game, I did.

Well done Hearts, despite the result I really enjoyed the game.

[/color]

Well done Hearts, despite the result I really enjoyed the game.

Likewise. Thought there was a conscious effort from Hearts to keep the ball on the deck as much as possible, which was infinitely better than last week.

There's also nothing like a goal against the uglies. Dunno why, but I've rarely enjoyed a goal more than Wyness' volley to secure a 1-1 draw back in the day... :unsure:

shaun.lawson

You were slated for many other ridiculous, borderline delusional valuations, Jamie. And last I checked, you are one of the SEETHERS and RAGERS. :lol:

Nice thread, Acey. :thumbsup:

You were slated for many other ridiculous, borderline delusional valuations, Jamie. And last I checked, you are one of the SEETHERS and RAGERS. :lol:

:lawson:

On the money. :thumbsup:

I think the consensus was that Kello is our best keeper. But saying he's worth ?1M+ at a time when he'd not even been our first choice for a full season was ridiculous. On recent form, he's worth ?1M to us. Would another club pay that? I doubt it.

shaun.lawson

:lawson:

On the money. :thumbsup:

I think the consensus was that Kello is our best keeper. But saying he's worth ?1M+ at a time when he'd not even been our first choice for a full season was ridiculous. On recent form, he's worth ?1M to us. Would another club pay that? I doubt it.

Yep, agree with all of that at this point. It's impossible not to be very, very excited by Kello's progress though. I'm another one who sees shades of Niemi in him. :thumbsup:

Yep, agree with all of that at this point. It's impossible not to be very, very excited by Kello's progress though. I'm another one who sees shades of Niemi in him. :thumbsup:

And I another.

When he made that close range save to push it over the bar I shouted "Extend that man's contract". Guy behind me patted me on the shoulder. :lol:

john brownlee

yea lots of positives from today's game well done Hearts We did look as if we were playing as a team unlike last week I'm going to try an keep my thoughts postitve and look forward to us climbing the table

The pieces of the jigsaw seem to be falling into place. We can be happy with the front five and the goalkeeper positions. When Wallace comes back we will return to having the best left back in the league. That leaves four positions to work out. Rightback, both centre halves and defensive midfield. In these positions we have Bouzid, Craig T, Eggert and Adrian. (and Black played well today, McGowan might come good).

If we can settle who plays where and maybe sign a fullback and a centre half in January we should be in good shape.

Jambojohnnyboy

Not a criticism as I thought there were a lot of important touches and challenges Obua put in today but his focus needs improving. If he could get that sorted and we continued playing this formation then I would be happy to see him start each week.

The pieces of the jigsaw seem to be falling into place. We can be happy with the front five and the goalkeeper positions. When Wallace comes back we will return to having the best left back in the league. That leaves four positions to work out. Rightback, both centre halves and defensive midfield. In these positions we have Bouzid, Craig T, Eggert and Adrian. (and Black played well today, McGowan might come good).

If we can settle who plays where and maybe sign a fullback and a centre half in January we should be in good shape.

I think eggert alongside black has looked ok at times. They seem to have more of an understanding together than other central midfield pairings

Black and Bouzid were very good. After Black was booked he faded as did most who were booked, but bouzid was very good-big improvement from recent weeks.

Archived