3-5-2

CavySlaveJambo

CavySlaveJambo

Or was it 5-3-2. I'm confused about that.

Is this the way forward for the time being.

I don't think we could use Obua there as he is not brilliant at tracking back. But Wallace, C Thomson, could both fit as they both go forward.

Plus Black and Pala (for the time he was on) both looked better in a 3 man midfield.

shaun.lawson

Is this the way forward for the time being.

I don't think we could use Obua there as he is not brilliant at tracking back. But Wallace, C Thomson, could both fit as they both go forward.

Plus Black and Pala (for the time he was on) both looked better in a 3 man midfield.

Agree about central midfield. But I highly doubt 3-5-2 is the way forward, especially at home. It works up to a point when we're up against the OF: strong sides who expect to win. But against the rest, we're expected to make the play at Tynie, and 3-5-2 really doesn't help a team do that.

Agree about central midfield. But I highly doubt 3-5-2 is the way forward, especially at home. It works up to a point when we're up against the OF: strong sides who expect to win. But against the rest, we're expected to make the play at Tynie, and 3-5-2 really doesn't help a team do that.

I don't know about that we have two attacking fullbacks at the club and today we created more chances than the whole one we created against Well.I thought C.Thomson had his best game of the season by far.

shaun.lawson

I don't know about that we have two attacking fullbacks at the club and today we created more chances than the whole one we created against Well.I thought C.Thomson had his best game of the season by far.

I'd love to see the possession stats for that game though. 2nd half especially!

No thanks.

It was horses for courses today. We nearly made it but didn't quite get the job done. Flat back four after the international break please.

shaun.lawson

What is the way then because despite what the majority on here want it's not 442

4-5-1? :peepwall:

It's difficult though, because we're so fragile at the back. I'm not even going to slag Obua given he's no-one's idea of a left back - or left wing-back, for that matter. And to be fair, there were times in the game when you could see the advantage of having two up: it gives you a much better chance of putting attacking moves together.

But today, we were up against strong opponents who expected to win and dominated most of the game. 3-5-2 was used largely as damage limitation; back to basics, if you like. If we use 3-5-2 at Tynie against opponents who go 4-5-1, I think we'll struggle desperately; 3-5-2 is redundant against the latter because it takes at least one defender needlessly out of the game.

Johanes de Silentio

Very much a 3-5-2, I thought.

I thought it worked quite well - I'd be tempted to stick with it.

Suited Craig Thomson much better - woulda been better with someone else at left-wing back.

Shaun Sellick won the League 4 or 5 times playing 3-5-2. I think it would work for us especially when Lee gets back and can make the left wing his own.

Archived