Was that the worst front 4 ever?

hearts00

I don't care if people say "another pointless negative thread" as there is absolutely no positives at Tynie at the moment. We are a joke in every way with surely one of the worst squads in twenty years and nothing even coming close to resembling a coach at the club.

So I ask you, is that the worst front 4 in say twenty years? Driver, Elliot, Mole and Miko (I don't care if he scored, he is crap), I can't remember a front four that has excited me less than this. I would rather have Robbo, Colquhoun and Crabbe as they are right now than these imposters.

If we play these four for the rest of the season we will be lucky to score more than three goals for the rest of the season.

Mind you our back four is near the worst as well, Wallace/Goncalves, Karipidis and Neilson are absolutely hopeless.

Sitting watching a terrific Dundee Utd team under Levein is just making me so depressed to be a Hearts fan just now.

I thought that 4 did okay yesterday.

There were some positive signs from how Mole/Elliot played as a partnership. And Driver was playing quite well until he got injured. Miko also did quite well.

When we have seen players like Beniusis, Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius play for us this season - criticising Miko/Driver/Mole/Elliot as the worst ever front 4 is really a bit bizarre.

Clarkserino
Hammill, Wyness, Weir and Boyack were pretty p**s too.

The only time I recall those 4 all being on the pitch at the same time was when we beat der Hun 1-0 at Ibrox ;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Hammill, Wyness, Weir and Boyack were pretty p**s too.

These guys p*ssed third place twice under Craigie and won in Basle.

You need to sit down and have a wee word with yourself mate.

I don't care if people say "another pointless negative thread" as there is absolutely no positives at Tynie at the moment. We are a joke in every way with surely one of the worst squads in twenty years and nothing even coming close to resembling a coach at the club.

So I ask you, is that the worst front 4 in say twenty years? Driver, Elliot, Mole and Miko (I don't care if he scored, he is crap), I can't remember a front four that has excited me less than this. I would rather have Robbo, Colquhoun and Crabbe as they are right now than these imposters.

If we play these four for the rest of the season we will be lucky to score more than three goals for the rest of the season.

Mind you our back four is near the worst as well, Wallace/Goncalves, Karipidis and Neilson are absolutely hopeless.

Sitting watching a terrific Dundee Utd team under Levein is just making me so depressed to be a Hearts fan just now.

Honestly some folk need to give themselves a shake. Worst front 4 ever? 3 of the most talented young players in the country in Driver (20), Mole (19) and Elliot (20) along with Mikoluinas (23), who deserves no where near the level of abuse he gets. Have folk just blanked out the likes of Colin Cramb, Hans Eskilson, David Hagen and Darren Beckford from memory?

I thought that 4 did okay yesterday.

There were some positive signs from how Mole/Elliot played as a partnership. And Driver was playing quite well until he got injured. Miko also did quite well.

When we have seen players like Beniusis, Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius play for us this season - criticising Miko/Driver/Mole/Elliot as the worst ever front 4 is really a bit bizarre.

Spot on mate ! some people need to have a word with themselves ! People slate frail for not playing the kids then rip the **** out of the kids!

As the post above yours states this four rarely played in the same team, so they far from p**sed third and won in Basle. No words needed here.

Spot on mate ! some people need to have a word with themselves ! People slate frail for not playing the kids then rip the **** out of the kids!

There was plenty positive to take out of yesterday. I think that must have been one of the youngest sides we've ever put out.

It didn't stop some fans screaming abuse at our players though - and particularly some of our young players - players who never ever stopped trying hard during the game. Some of them just behind the goal shut up when they got told to by someone they looked a bit scared of though!

Gimme an H...
Honestly some folk need to give themselves a shake. Worst front 4 ever? 3 of the most talented young players in the country in Driver (20), Mole (19) and Elliot (20) along with Mikoluinas (23), who deserves no where near the level of abuse he gets. Have folk just blanked out the likes of Colin Cramb, Hans Eskilson, David Hagen and Darren Beckford from memory?

You're kidding eh? When was the last time you heard yourself say, at a game, "well played Andy" or "that was a great ball/finish Driver" ?

As for Mole, he was on loan at QOS, never got a game and scored about 2 goals in however many months he was there.

Elliots just bloody garbage.

Ive never really bought into the things people say about Driver, two good performances a season is of no use. IMO these are 1st or 2nd Division players.

Dont expevt everyone to agree with this though...

ToadKiller Dog

I am sure that was said after we were humped by rangers and Velicka was sold,we have scored 4 since then.

by the way is Nade out for the rest of the season.

I am sure that was said after we were humped by rangers and Velicka was sold,we have scored 4 since then.

by the way is Nade out for the rest of the season.

Cut himself shaving ;)

jambosean75

i was at the game yesterday and i think elliot & mole showed real potential as a partnership. as do wallace and driver down the left. they are young players who are still learning and developing. they don't always get it right but they do seem to have an understanding most of the time. throw in berra and jonsson and we have over half a team developed from our own youth system.

people say we should give youth a chance but they then get on the players back if they aren't world beaters in every game.

i was at the game yesterday and i think elliot & mole showed real potential as a partnership. as do wallace and driver down the left. they are young players who are still learning and developing. they don't always get it right but they do seem to have an understanding most of the time. throw in berra and jonsson and we have over half a team developed from our own youth system.

people say we should give youth a chance but they then get on the players back if they aren't world beaters in every game.

Exactly. I'm hopeful of seeing another couple of our youth players coming through next season.

I think that Driver is a decent player and Miko is capable on his day of bringing something to the team but I agree that if we play with Elliot and Mole up front we have no chance of finishing fourth. These guys are nowhere near the standard required for Hearts. I thought the team didn't play that badly yesterday but neither of the strikers ever looked remotely like scoring.

frankbroxup
You're kidding eh? When was the last time you heard yourself say, at a game, "well played Andy" or "that was a great ball/finish Driver" ?

As for Mole, he was on loan at QOS, never got a game and scored about 2 goals in however many months he was there.

Elliots just bloody garbage.

Ive never really bought into the things people say about Driver, two good performances a season is of no use. IMO these are 1st or 2nd Division players.

Driver was outstanding at Inverness only 90% fit and centre of everything positive.What people dont appreciate that he stops the opposition comiing forward.

Stuart Pearces assistant at St Mirren yesterday.

Obviously seeing things that many are failing too

Ryan Gosling
Driver was outstanding at Inverness only 90% fit and centre of everything positive.What people dont appreciate that he stops the opposition comiing forward.

Stuart Pearces assistant at St Mirren yesterday.

Obviously seeing things that many are failing too

i'm going to guess your surname is driver.

Remain Nameless

Gary Liddel, Des O'Sullivan, Colin Cramb, Husref Musemic...........more :beer: required after that recollection!

Ernie Eskilsson

Personally I think the back 4 was worse. St Mirren could/should have scored 5 in the second half. Our defence was an utter shambles.

Driver is a great wee player. Once his final ball gets better he'll be a player who is far too good for us.

Ryan Gosling
Driver is a great wee player. Once his final ball gets better he'll be a player who is far too good for us.

End product is all that's missing.

And it's only his second season with the first team too.

He's fast as feck.

JamboJohn1874

I'm sorry but it people like yourself who ensure the rest of us have to put up with utter mediocrity.

This is hardly a front line which strikes fear into the opposition, and quite frankly it is just complete sh~t to watch. Elliot and Mole are simply not good enough for Hearts. I don't care how young they are, we can do better.

I'm sorry but it people like yourself who ensure the rest of us have to put up with utter mediocrity.

This is hardly a front line which strikes fear into the opposition, and quite frankly it is just complete sh~t to watch. Elliot and Mole are simply not good enough for Hearts. I don't care how young they are, we can do better.

What a load of ****ing ****.

So you think if we ALL chastised players like Mole and Elliot every time they stepped on the park we would then go out and sign brilliant new players? That if we ALL support the players they will be Hearts players for all of eternity?

Stop blaming other fans for the position the club is in. Erse.

Agreed.

Driver has been one of the few bright spots in this horrible season.

End product is all that's missing.

And it's only his second season with the first team too.

He's fast as feck.

His end product ain't that bad as it is now. 4th in the SPL for assists. Mos def a lot of room for improvment but we have a great wee player on our hands IMO. Personaly I had a few digs at him last year but I take them back :)

Hilary Briss

I dont expect anyone to agree with that statement.

Also, Mole played well on sat and has had very few chances, so deserves a few games. I can understand some of the stick Elliott gets, as he has had loads of terrible games but Driver & Mole :conf11:

What an absolute crock of sh*%@. Supporters who abuse players are hardly likely to help them perform better. I would suggest it is supporters like you, who berate and abuse our young players on discussion forums such as Kickback, who contribute far more to 'mediocrity' than guys such as myself who is prepared to encourage and support the players.

As I have already said several times recently, Hearts would now appear to be skint, players such as Bednar, Nade etc are no longer affordable, players such as Mole and Elliot are more sustainable and are the future of the club. If you don't like it, don't renew your season ticket, you wont be missed.

Nae need to boo players but the fact is that Elliot and Mole are nae good.

I don't buy this whole age debate either. Fletcher of Hibs is ages with Elliot and has just been named in the Scotland squad.

If the future is youth because its more sustainable then we need to find better youngsters, simple as that.

I was going to start a new thread after being at our game on Saturday and have been thinking about how I feel into words and decided to add it to this thread

I yesterday was at the Cup Final and was sitting in the main stand towards to United fans and before the game watched them sing and cheers to their hearts content which first of all reminded me of this is how it should be when supporting your team.

the game then started and I sat and watched the good football and sheer determination and commitment from the players and all of a sudden realised this is what we now are missing !!!! I know alot of you will say you have known this for ages so have I, but when you see this in the flesh it is different. I am usually upbeat about our situation but today to be honest have felt sad for the hearts team that should be

please let us have our team back Romanov !!!!!

I would agree that fans laying into our own players at the game is utterly pointless:

a. because its not the players' fault that they are being picked; and

b. because booing them is hardly going to increase their confidence/ make them play better.

But I honestly cannot see how anyone who watches the team week in week out can believe that guys like Elliot and Mole are good enough for Hearts. Even guys like Gary Wales and Andy Kirk who weren't exactly top class strikers were much better than these guys.

WHERE ABOOT!? Did they nowt.

Archived