Tonights CL action

The Merse

What game is everyone watching then?

I've got the Spurs game on at the mo, thought it might have a good tempo to it.

They've changed the camera angle at the Lane and got to say I'm not liking it.

Perth to Paisley

out of some nationalist loyalty I started to watch Rangers but after 30 seconds of "The cry was no etc" it is over to Internazionale Milan v Werder but Rambo ("I used to play for Bayern") is co-commenting which has reduced my enthusiasm ................... but know I will see some quality Italian stuff.

Red button set for goals updates.

Surprised how sparse the crowd is.

Roma's second goal last night being an example !

Gareth Bale - Cheat....oh wait what's the British equivalent?

On a serious note how good is van der Vaart?

Gareth Bale - Cheat....oh wait what's the British equivalent?

On a serious note how good is van der Vaart?

Yep, was definitely on his way down before any contact.

van der Vaart sent off, Spurs get a third dodgy penalty and now lead 3-1.

Yep, was definitely on his way down before any contact.

van der Vaart sent off, Spurs get a third dodgy penalty and now lead 3-1.

This games farcical tbh. 3 dodgy penalties for Spurs so far.

Can't imagine that this refereeing team will be getting too many CL games after this performance.

aye..Man U smash and grab..3 points is 3 points though.

What a superb goal that young mexican laddie scored! :ninja:

What a superb goal that young mexican laddie scored! :ninja:

Aye m8 - his first touch was brilliant, but for some reason when i used to watch Man Utd they usually commanded a game and unbeatable..they look vulnerable at times so far this season :rolleyes:

I was at the Inter game. It was indeed a dismal crowd but not a surprise. Your average Italian fan is very much a big game hunter.

Think that the CL Group stage mini season for the "curva" (second level behind goals) cost just 40 Euro.

I was at the Inter game. It was indeed a dismal crowd but not a surprise. Your average Italian fan is very much a big game hunter.

Think that the CL Group stage mini season for the "curva" (second level behind goals) cost just 40 Euro.

But isn't there arguably a bit of a Hearts 1998/9 scenario here too (albeit at a much higher level, of course)? Namely: the Inter fans had their hearts' desire finally realised last season, under the best coach on the planet. Said coach has since moved on to a bigger club; and the hunger of many fans must be sated somewhat, at least for a time. How does it get any better? More to the point: how does it not go slowly downhill?

Shaun there is a tiny bit of that but last season, in the Group Stage, the Barcelona game was a sell out while the average attendance for the other two games (Dynamo Kiev and Rubin Kazan) was 21000. Barcelona game was sold as one off while other two were availabke on "2 for 1" deal

This games farcical tbh. 3 dodgy penalties for Spurs so far.

Can't imagine that this refereeing team will be getting too many CL games after this performance.

2 dodgy penalties. The 2nd was nothing short of a stonewaller. And the first was bettered by even dodgier goalkeeper, and other player, encroachment.

Twente gave a good account but the better team won thumbsup.gif. Bit of a pisser that VDV got himself sent off but at least it's the away game against Inter he's missing. Don't think we have much of a chance in that one but I can't wait to get them at The Lane.

Thanks to the god-send that is my Virgin V+ Box I was able to tape the Rangers game and watch it afterwards. I would also like to thank the Sky commentators for not giving the score away.

Although, as expected, the Rangers game was murder to watch.

jamboinglasgow

2 dodgy penalties. The 2nd was nothing short of a stonewaller. And the first was bettered by even dodgier goalkeeper, and other player, encroachment.

Twente gave a good account but the better team won thumbsup.gif. Bit of a pisser that VDV got himself sent off but at least it's the away game against Inter he's missing. Don't think we have much of a chance in that one but I can't wait to get them at The Lane.

Thanks to the god-send that is my Virgin V+ Box I was able to tape the Rangers game and watch it afterwards. I would also like to thank the Sky commentators for not giving the score away.

to be fair to Rangers (and you dont often hear me saying that) I dont think the game was as bad as it could be. They had more attacking chances and at least had a goal in it. Not great but not awful.

Personally I thought that Bale was already falling before he reached the tackle (deliberately) and there was no contact made. Did look like a penalty at the time but seeing the replays I felt it was a bit dubious and Bale wasn't giving the criticism he deserved IMO.

Good game apart from the dodgy refereeing though it has to be said. VDV is a great player and an absolute steal at ?8 million.

Aye m8 - his first touch was brilliant, but for some reason when i used to watch Man Utd they usually commanded a game and unbeatable..they look vulnerable at times so far this season :rolleyes:

Think both teams would've been perfectly happy with 0-0. Says it all about the CL these days.

Congratulations UEFA, you've managed to turn the world's best club competition into a bore-fest!

Archived