zaliukas

oh ah grantona

oh ah grantona

Just another slant on thing that i have been thinking about may have already been disscussed so sorry.

Reports are zal wanted 20k a week

Im going to stick up for him a bit(i dont think he is worth it but i maybe see his side on it)

Ok so zal has been pretty much ever present for a good few years, so we can say he is very much first team and probarly the best defender we have at club he is also club captain.

So 2 things how much is he actually on now with the old rumour that lithuainian players are poorly paid by us if paid a wage at all by us

And just a year ago maybe less we were reported in offering gongalves (sp) about 15k a week now at any point has he been a better player in terms of apperances and stature within club i dont think so.

so as much as zal is mad asking for so much he may have a point with what has been offered in the past.

i dont think zal is paid by hearts at all and we have no cash to meet anymore than 10k a week for a player/players

Zal is not worth 20k per week.

Behave.

I do like him but we are riddled with debt.

Get shot of ginger jason and darren barr and give him their salaries. Problem solved.

Malcolm Tucker

He was wanting 18k a week.

He came back and said he'll reduce his demands and accept a deal.

Money no longer available to give him contract.

Boom.

Just another slant on thing that i have been thinking about may have already been disscussed so sorry.

Im going to stick up for him a bit(i dont think he is worth it but i maybe see his side on it)

Ok so zal has been pretty much ever present for a good few years, so we can say he is very much first team and probarly the best defender we have at club he is also club captain.

So 2 things how much is he actually on now with the old rumour that lithuainian players are poorly paid by us if paid a wage at all by us

And just a year ago maybe less we were reported in offering gongalves (sp) about 15k a week now at any point has he been a better player in terms of apperances and stature within club i dont think so.

so as much as zal is mad asking for so much he may have a point with what has been offered in the past.

i dont think zal is paid by hearts at all and we have no cash to meet anymore than 10k a week for a player/players

Dude, Zal only asked for that to price himself out. He had no intention whatsoever of signing for us again. The biggest shock we could have given him would have been the wages.

I'm led to believe (good ol' tabloid line!) that he's since relented on his demands a bit - so whether that means he now wants to sign or if he's just playing games to be allowed to play for now, I don't know.

Not blaming Zal here but if he wants away there are better ways to do it for all concerned though! And that goes for VR's stance on it all too.

Signing until the end of next season (11/12) on decent wage* with a release clause of ?1M or even ?500K would seem the sensible thing for all concerned, including the player. He gets a wee wage rise for the next few months, gets to play and probably gets a move at the end of the season (a decent one if he plays well, plays for Lith etc) and we get a bit money to recoup the wages paid and a bit extra in the sky rocket. Hopefully that's what's being discussed.

*a decent wage to reflect his seniority and importance (in the same bracket as our other highest earners - not sure what that is - maybe ?6-8K pw if as much as that?)

what I dont get about the whole Zal issue was the decision to give him the captaincy.

Would you not sound out an employee about his long term comittment prior to giving him a top job in any field of industry? he had a bad attitude in terms of not wanting to be here and have recently been told he is a real home bird and wants simply to be in Lithuania. Problem he has is his profession is not a big deal in that country.

I hope he does re sign as I genuinely think his good traits outway his bad, not as captain though simply dont see him in that capacity. No idea what he was on but everyone hears the stories about being on sweeties compared to others and he has been here 3-4 years so deserves a better deal if true but not 20k, maybe 5k at best.

I just dont think he wants to be in Edinburgh although latest rumours suggest he has lessened his demands so maybe he has woken up and realised he will not make money or a decent career staying in Lithuania. Hope it gets sorted cos we could do with him

what I dont get about the whole Zal issue was the decision to give him the captaincy.

Would you not sound out an employee about his long term comittment prior to giving him a top job in any field of industry? he had a bad attitude in terms of not wanting to be here and have recently been told he is a real home bird and wants simply to be in Lithuania. Problem he has is his profession is not a big deal in that country.

I hope he does re sign as I genuinely think his good traits outway his bad, not as captain though simply dont see him in that capacity. No idea what he was on but everyone hears the stories about being on sweeties compared to others and he has been here 3-4 years so deserves a better deal if true but not 20k, maybe 5k at best.

I just dont think he wants to be in Edinburgh although latest rumours suggest he has lessened his demands so maybe he has woken up and realised he will not make money or a decent career staying in Lithuania. Hope it gets sorted cos we could do with him

Good post. So easy for people to start flingin shite around but at the end of the day, Zal's just a bloke really. Footballers get homesick and make bad life decisions etc just like the rest of us (says homesick me coming home to Edinburgh soon!!!).

He's probably realised that he didn't think it through correctly and is now trying to rectify that. Our best hope is that VR allows him back in the circle!

Good player who we need to be playing.

As for why he was given the captaincy? JJ and BB thought he was the best candidate, simple as that. I think they saw the contract thing as a separate issue. Not sure whether that was wise or not, but the decision to make him captain was unpolitical - they simply like him as a player and as a bloke.

I'm guessing that JJ would have given him the captaincy: the new contract negotiations would be done by the club who at the time perhaps harboured hopes of him re-signing.

If we can afford to pay a defender 18-20K a week, I'd prefer it if they were good!

He has had his moments, but for the most part he is little better than an average defender.

If we can afford to pay a defender 18-20K a week, I'd prefer it if they were good!

He has had his moments, but for the most part he is little better than an average defender.

I agree with that, and would add that Jose at 15k is to much for Hearts.

We can afford it!

Zal can get lost imo, any more than 4k a week is too much. He's an average spl player.

I agree, about 5k per week would be fair, the guy is slow and a liability...But still manages to be the best defender (except Wallace who as we all know is injured) at the club. Shows how p*sh we are at the back!

Marmeladent?rtchen

I agree, about 5k per week would be fair, the guy is slow and a liability...But still manages to be the best defender (except Wallace who as we all know is injured) at the club. Shows how p*sh we are at the back!

With the exception of Barr it's the same defence as we had last year.

I think the defenders can thank Nade for making them look good.

With the exception of Barr it's the same defence as we had last year.

I think the defenders can thank Nade for making them look good.

That's just not true though is it.

Jose played the first half of the season and was arguably the best defender in the league at that point - certainly up there.

Zal had a few injury probs but played and played pretty well last season. And our real defensive woes hve only arisen since he and Lee have been injured.

So 2 of last year's back 4, 3 if you include Jose's first half of the season. And they happen to have been the three best at the club at that time. We've replaced them with Barr who isn't up to standard (yet).

If Wallace and Zal were playing then you'd almost have a point.

Someone above said Zal is slow. He's the quickest central defender we have. I realise that doesn't say much when you look at the others, but Zal isn't slow - he actually covers the ground pretty well.

Zal can get lost imo, any more than 4k a week is too much. He's an average spl player.

4k a week

Thats ?208,000 a year

I am sorry but that is a lot of money for any SPL player

Have to agree, if he thinks he is a 20k a week player then surely he would have had EPL clubs looking at him....................

He is IMHO an average SPL player who is quite often a liability on the park :whistling:

The longer Zal is missing the better player he has become.

I am hoping he will be involved on SAT (he is being considered) but maybe one bounce game is too much to expect in terms of fitness esp if you are playing Der Hun.

Hearts players should only ever be given really high wages (for our level) if they are subject to strong demand and high bids from top Championship / EPL teams and keeping them on an extra few months or season would see their transfer value increase by a greater amount than the extra wages would cost ... ie like Craig Gordon.

IMO he just wants to get decent Scottish standart wages instead of the Lithuanian equivalent he is getting now. Something like that allready happend with Miko from what I heard.

Like in Sonic when you die, you get a continue?

No, like when you allude to someone at Hearts being paid 20k a week then don't say who said person is. You then continue the tale until I know who said player is.

No, like when you allude to someone at Hearts being paid 20k a week then don't say who said person is. You then continue the tale until I know who said player is.

Oh I don't know if there's anyone on ?20k, I just mean that whoever the highest earner is, Zal has the right to ask for parity with that if the club made him captain.

If the club want to make him captain, then it's only fair that he have parity with the highest earner.

I would pay less for Puyol than Messi; less for Ferdinand than Rooney; less for Walter Kidd than Robbo.

I hope that he isn't offered a new contract and leaves in January. He should play until then though.

Oh I don't know if there's anyone on ?20k, I just mean that whoever the highest earner is, Zal has the right to ask for parity with that if the club made him captain.

I suspect Driver will be the highest paid player at Hearts before too long. Not convinced Zal is worth the same wages as Driver (although hes fit more often!)

I would pay less for Puyol than Messi; less for Ferdinand than Rooney; less for Walter Kidd than Robbo.

I hope that he isn't offered a new contract and leaves in January. He should play until then though.

I'd pay more for Ferdinand than Rooney on current form. :laugh:

No,

Zal deserves to be paid a combination of what he brings to the team, his sell on value based on any 'real enquiries' or offers previously received and not on what some other distinctly average Joe in the squad has stupidily been given.

If we can only afford ?4k/?5k pw then that's all we can afford. If say, some Turkish team can afford to give him ?10-15k per week then so be it and best wishes Marius.

It's up to the manager to realise why some decent players (Barr, Bouzid, and at a push Jonsson) are playing poorly.

Figuring out why he are giving the away teams at Tynie complete control of the midfield would be a start.

Guest JamboRobbo

clerry, i dont know what twitter is, can`t get the link to work and don`t know who mark benstead is.

HELP!

It would appear he's a reporter who was at Hearts pre match press conference today, and says that JJ said he still isn't allowed to pick Zal this weekend.

Jim jefferies confirms he still can't play marius zaliukas this weekend. #heartsfc still won't let defender play until he pens new deal.

He also comments on how Yogi lost the plot at the Hibs press conference.

clerry, i dont know what twitter is, can`t get the link to work and don`t know who mark benstead is.

HELP!

John, Many on here think I'm a twit but I don't use Twitter :rolleyes:

Benstead is the Real Radio Sports reporter so I am presuming maybe from JJ's CONFERENCE today that Zal is still unavailable

John, Many on here think I'm a twit but I don't use Twitter :rolleyes:

Benstead is the Real Radio Sports reporter so I am presuming maybe from JJ's CONFERENCE today that Zal is still unavailable

A couple of new articles from Jefferies and Kyle

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/hearts-prepare-without-skipper-57145/

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100930/follow-gers-lead_2241384_2170397

A few wee extra snippets in the sporting life article saying that fitness concerns over stephen elliot, suso and temps also got knocks as well ..... maybe JJ planning on copying Walter Smith european 5-4-1 mass defence line up?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/09/30/SOCCER_Hearts.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Guest JamboRobbo

thanks JR & CJ. :thumbsup:

Just listened to it on Hearts World.

JJ says Zaliukas and whoever have to sort out the contract situation before he can play. Says he played him in the friendly to keep his match fitness up, and it would be a bonus if we had him available for the weekend, but for now he's just got to work with the players who are available.

So doesn't sound like JJ will be playing Zaliukas against the mad ones wishes.

Just saw Zal in Starbucks on George Street....

His order of a Grande Mocha latte suggested he was feeling bad about his previous behaviour.

Neil Mcann is sitting in there too, just behind the door (might still be there)

Its like Who's Who of who doesn't play for hearts anymore.

I think Tiago Costa was clearing up the empty cups...no wait, that's further down the road.

Just listened to it on Hearts World.

JJ says Zaliukas and whoever have to sort out the contract situation before he can play. Says he played him in the friendly to keep his match fitness up, and it would be a bonus if we had him available for the weekend, but for now he's just got to work with the players who are available.

So doesn't sound like JJ will be playing Zaliukas against the mad ones wishes.

JR

I know talks have been taking place between Zal and Hearts (I assume Sergi).

Sounds like they didn't go well. :mellow:

I believe the offer he got was more than decent but no-where near what he was looking for - he is brought his demands right down to a more realistic level and I was told it was hoped that this may be the catalyst for Zal to play (source - 1 of the 3 coaches in the set up). Obviously not but JJ was defiantely considering playing him on Sat so I assume a picture of a hangman's noose was faxed over to JJ from Vlad.

End of the day we need our best players on the pitch so it is very disappointing when this does not happen - I am more than angry that this situation was not settled in the summer!!!!

Just saw Zal in Starbucks on George Street....

His order of a Grande Mocha latte suggested he was feeling bad about his previous behaviour.

Neil Mcann is sitting in there too, just behind the door (might still be there)

Its like Who's Who of who doesn't play for hearts anymore.

I think Tiago Costa was clearing up the empty cups...no wait, that's further down the road.

You should have hugged Neil and then kicked Zal in the shins. No words necessary, the message would have been clear.

You should have hugged Neil and then kicked Zal in the shins. No words necessary, the message would have been clear.

And get chucked out of Starbucks AGAIN!

Guest JamboRobbo

JR

I know talks have been taking place between Zal and Hearts (I assume Sergi).

Sounds like they didn't go well. :mellow:

JJ did say "there are still two more days before Saturday" a couple of times.

I believe the offer he got was more than decent but no-where near what he was looking for - he is brought his demands right down to a more realistic level and I was told it was hoped that this may be the catalyst for Zal to play (source - 1 of the 3 coaches in the set up). Obviously not but JJ was defiantely considering playing him on Sat so I assume a picture of a hangman's noose was faxed over to JJ from Vlad.

End of the day we need our best players on the pitch so if it very disappointing when this does not happen - I am more than angry that this situation was not settled in the summer!!!!

Thats the bottom line for me. Personally I don't even rate him all that highly in the scheme of things. But at the minute, it's clear our defense is weaker without him, which to me is all that matters. Doing our best to get 3 points in the next game.....

Why do I get a mental picture of the Prime Ministers (Gay) Aide character from Little Britain when reading this post? :laugh:

InNothingWeTrust

What I don't get is why the board didn't negotiate a new contract before the end of the transfer window. If they had realised how much he was wanting then they could have dumped him back to Kaunas and drafted in another defender!

I thought JJ was very cagey about the team for sat, probably wide of the mark but I've a wee sneaky feeling Zal might just play :woot:

I thought JJ was very cagey about the team for sat, probably wide of the mark but I've a wee sneaky feeling Zal might just play :woot:

If JJ plays him against the wishes of Romanov I will support him in anything else he does during he his 2nd tenure at the club. I don't expect it will last all that much longer should he take that stance but my respect for him would never falter again. I would love him to make that decision and pick MZ.

Unless the player makes a statement we won't know the real story here. Can't understand that the club is broke but willing to pay a players wages for 6 months without playing him. I'm sure other players have taken note of the situation and it can't be good for morale. Romanov likes to make the players out to be the villains.

Drylaw Hearts

I think Zal will play.

JJ had to call on Goncalves at Tannadice (a few weeks after after he was dropped for not signing a new deal) because we were so short on defenders - I see no reason for him not doing the same thing here.

Archived