Does a Number 2 Goalkeeper get a championship medal ?

vegas-voss

I know out field players have to play something like a minimum of something like 10 games a season to earn a championship medal but does the same apply to a keeper.I ask this as it is such an important position but only one person can ever have the jersey and very rarely is the number 1 injured or suspended but the number 2 must always be ready and alert to take over in any situation.Thinking of great keepers like Cudicini at Chelsea fantastic keeper always brilliant when needed but has he won a championship medal for Chelsea ?

Rudi Skacel

Its a stupid rule really.

A player can play 2 matches, score the winning goal in the final match that wins them the title yet not get a medal.

Its a team game and the whole 1st team should get a medal.

Its a stupid rule really.

A player can play 2 matches, score the winning goal in the final match that wins them the title yet not get a medal.

Its a team game and the whole 1st team should get a medal.

I just think it is even more unfair on a keeper.Outfield players are always likely to get 5 mins here and there but for a keeper it must be a real sickener.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Why does Cudicini stick around at Chelsea BTW?

He could get his pick of clubs yet decides to warm the bench at Stamford Bridge!

Must be cash orientated.

Why does Cudicini stick around at Chelsea BTW?

He could get his pick of clubs yet decides to warm the bench at Stamford Bridge!

Must be cash orientated.

He could get just as much cash elsewhere as number 1 though.Surely he aint on ?40,000 a week as a back up keeper.

Archived