Third Lanark Petition

third lanark

Hi Hearts fans,

Im sure a number of you will have heard of the Grand Old Glasgow Team Third Lanark. As many of you may be aware they have been resurrected. They are hoping to purchase their old ground back Cathkin Park and and as my Grandfather played for Thirds I said I would help them any way I could.

They have set up a petiton, please sign to back them:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/3rdlanarkcathkinpark

No time wasters please.

As well as an amateur team they now youth teams in the south side of Glasgow - and a youth goalkeeping Academy to help us find the next Jocky Robertson.

All the best to Hearts F.C. and all their fans and supporters

Hi Hearts fans,

Im sure a number of you will have heard of the Grand Old Glasgow Team Third Lanark. As many of you may be aware they have been resurrected. They are hoping to purchase their old ground back Cathkin Park and and as my Grandfather played for Thirds I said I would help them any way I could.

www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/3rdlanarkcathkinpark

No time wasters please.

As well as an amateur team they now youth teams in the south side of Glasgow - and a youth goalkeeping Academy to help us find the next Jocky Robertson.

Your link is feckeled

...a bit disco

Signed.

Know that area well.

I've got family in Cathkin and we used to go up to the park every easter to roll our eggs!

Memories:D

would be great to see the team back again!

Cathkin+Park+3.jpg

Hi Hearts fans,

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/3rdlanarkcathkinpark

No time wasters please.

Signed

Saw a wee bit about this in the press.

Hope the council hold their hands up and sell the land back

A ressurected Thirds would be great to see IMO

Stay in touch bud and keep us updated on how things are going :thumbsup:

Oh p.s. You might be better off with a youth strikers academy to help find the new Johnny Robertson BTW

The Old Tolbooth

No problem signing this petition mate, I also put it on my Facebook for a few more signatures hopefully, good luck with this :thumbsup:

Always been interested of the Third Lanark story after my dad spoke to me about them years ago. Stopped to have a look in the old cathkin park a couple of months ago when I was out for a run and was amazed at the old terracing etc that was still there. I could just picture a big crowd roaring on the old third Lanark team to victory.

Anyone out that way (cathcart rd on the way to hampden) should take a look at the old stadium, you will see a plaque with there name on it and it's just up the steps from there.....

Hi Hearts fans,

http://www.petitionb...narkcathkinpark

No time wasters please.

Just what we need , another crap football team in the central belt

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian , Third Lanark GTF :thumbsup: (never thought I'd get to say that!)

Dear OP

You have forgotten to take into account that we are Hearts fans. As such we hate everything east of Dalry. We hate everything North of Roseburn and we hate everything south of Slateford. More importantly for you we hate everything west of the Aldi in Gorgie Road. I am afraid you fall geographically into our hottest hate zone.

Apologies for being so blunt and dismissive but we need to inhabit our black and white world as it keeps us safe.

We know what would happen should we lift a finger to assist your no doubt good but somewhat ambitious cause. Third Lanark should they achieve full status under the SFA, will no doubt.....NO DOUBT....knock us out of the cup one day, or deliberately score against us in the last 7 minutes of a title decider, or assist some other team in the geographical hate zone to deny us the title by playing a vital game in their slippers, having had a substantial wager on the very correct score that would deny us the title.

So, apologies if our lack of contribution harms your project but we need to keep our future best interests as protected as possible, and having one less club that will no doubt grow to hate us (lets face it you hate us already) ensures that if we're going to be bitten, it wont be by a dinosaur who couldnt survive when Scottish football was at the height of its powers, far less in this day and age when the likes of Aberdeen have just months to live. ( We are assured - tick tock etc etc)

I wish you good luck

Oooops, sorry I just noticed he said "no time wasters"

Signed.

The last time I was at Cathkin was in 1961 when I went there with the Longstone Hearts SC. We won, and I think the score was 0-3.

I hope that you make it back to the SPL. We need the points. :thumbsup:

Thirds have never died. There has always been a supporters team of one sort or another.

Good luck to them, one of the more popular of the Glasgow sides.

cousinsofnoone

Best of luck, a fine name that would be very welcome back in the game. I made only one visit, a 2-0 win, I think The huge gaps in the match programme where the adverts should have been was noteworthy.

Surely,if you wasnt the next Jocky Robertson, should you not be fundraising for Armadale Thistle?

Dear OP

You have forgotten to take into account that we are Hearts fans. As such we hate everything east of Dalry. We hate everything North of Roseburn and we hate everything south of Slateford. More importantly for you we hate everything west of the Aldi in Gorgie Road. I am afraid you fall geographically into our hottest hate zone.

Apologies for being so blunt and dismissive but we need to inhabit our black and white world as it keeps us safe.

We know what would happen should we lift a finger to assist your no doubt good but somewhat ambitious cause. Third Lanark should they achieve full status under the SFA, will no doubt.....NO DOUBT....knock us out of the cup one day, or deliberately score against us in the last 7 minutes of a title decider, or assist some other team in the geographical hate zone to deny us the title by playing a vital game in their slippers, having had a substantial wager on the very correct score that would deny us the title.

So, apologies if our lack of contribution harms your project but we need to keep our future best interests as protected as possible, and having one less club that will no doubt grow to hate us (lets face it you hate us already) ensures that if we're going to be bitten, it wont be by a dinosaur who couldnt survive when Scottish football was at the height of its powers, far less in this day and age when the likes of Aberdeen have just months to live. ( We are assured - tick tock etc etc)

I wish you good luck

Oooops, sorry I just noticed he said "no time wasters"

Signed.

Signed

:)

Signed.

My father in law stays in the blocks at the back of the ground. He told me about how the Thirds went to the wall in dodgy circumstances.

The pitch is still in good nick (once you clear the buckfast bottles!) despite loads of teams using it.

Best of luck

Signed.

My father in law stays in the blocks at the back of the ground. He told me about how the Thirds went to the wall in dodgy circumstances.

The pitch is still in good nick (once you clear the buckfast bottles!) despite loads of teams using it.

Best of luck

Aye, could be wrong but was it not one or more dodgy directors / backers that ran it down with the intention of selling the land whistling.gif

Anyway, signed

Aye, could be wrong but was it not one or more dodgy directors / backers that ran it down with the intention of selling the land whistling.gif

Anyway, signed

Yup. If I remember correctly they wanted the land for housing, but the council ended up blocking it because of the way they had done it.

Signed.

People say there's no room for sentiment in football, but as a 31yr old who never seen the Thirds play it would be fantastic to see them back in or around the senior set-up.

OP(or anyone else) - I see you guys have started to do some work on the old ground already, do you have any pictures of the old pavilion and stand that you're hoping to rebuild?

DuffKirkMacKenzie

My 1st game as a supporter at tynecastle was Hearts v Third Lanark.Score 1 - 3, did'nt put me off tho'.Jocky Robertson, tho' small, was a great keeper and also a Hearts fan.

SIGNED

Signed. Now, how long until someone tries to resurrect St Bernard's?

They are still alive..

St Bernards

My Grandfather played for them in 1920s. The family stayed in Royal Terrace which was only a stone's throw from the Gymnasium which is now the RBS car park.

Petition signed.

PS St Bernards were originally the Third Edinburgh Rifle Volunteers so a sort of connection with Third Lanark there.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

They are still alive..

St Bernards

My Grandfather played for them in 1920s. The family stayed in Royal Terrace which was only a stone's throw from the Gymnasium which is now the RBS car park.

Petition signed.

PS St Bernards were originally the Third Edinburgh Rifle Volunteers so a sort of connection with Third Lanark there.

What about reviving Leith Athletic? Leith needs to have one good team.

They are still alive..

St Bernards

Petition signed.

Possibly around the time my old man played for them, late 20's. My mother used to say he never really played for them as he was getting sent off and suspended all the time.. But, what do you expect from a wee ginger.

What about reviving Leith Athletic? Leith needs to have one good team.

East of Scotland League Div 2.

They are still alive..

St Bernards

Petition signed.

Thanks for the link; very interesting reading. I'm not unsure, however, if this St Bernard's is the same as the one your grandfather played for or simply a continuation of the boys club that formed after the war.Either way, they seem to be carrying on the traditions of the older club, so good luck to them.

Archived