What's the odds on WGS getting the Boot

livi

:rolleyes:

Getting thumped again by Derby. Could be relegation candidates if the results go against them tonight.

Wee Shame

I was just thinking that. Suspect it could be curtains for him there.

No doubt it's all my fault for tipping them to win the Champ pre-season (my Midas touch in reverse strikes again), but I still think he's a good manager. For some reason, it just doesn't work at all for some managers in some jobs. Seems to be that way with Strachan and Middlesbrough. I'd be delighted to see them stay down and get stuck at this level though - Plastic Club with delusions of grandeur imo, and they were well ahead of Hibs in the whole fans dressed as seats thing too.

Mowbray for Middlesbrough, I wonder?

Getting thumped again by Derby. Could be relegation candidates if the results go against them tonight.

Wee Shame

Thing is, Boro's bad start to the season is a terrible advert for Scottish football.

That said, some of his signings (such as Willo Flood and Lee Miller) really do bring into question his judgement.

Hmmm wonder how long it'll take the hobo's to demand Strapon to replace Yogi.

After all the little ginger ###### might take a wage cut cos its his beloved Gay Fc :whistling:

Was about to start a similar thread.

The Boro chairman is renowned for giving managers time - I suspect he has 3-4 games.

Oh, did I forget to say...

ARF

TAKE THAT FLAP FACE

thumbsup.gif

I was just thinking that. Suspect it could be curtains for him there.

No doubt it's all my fault for tipping them to win the Champ pre-season (my Midas touch in reverse strikes again), but I still think he's a good manager. For some reason, it just doesn't work at all for some managers in some jobs. Seems to be that way with Strachan and Middlesbrough. I'd be delighted to see them stay down and get stuck at this level though - Plastic Club with delusions of grandeur imo, and they were well ahead of Hibs in the whole fans dressed as seats thing too.

Mowbray for Middlesbrough, I wonder?

Ipswich v Norwich in the play offs Shaun ?! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness Lambert is doing a phenomonal job.

Thing is, Boro's bad start to the season is a terrible advert for Scottish football.

That said, some of his signings (such as Willo Flood and Lee Miller) really do bring into question his judgement.

Some of his signings didn't even get a game at Celtic. (Flood and Killen spring to mind)

Strange signings as you say.

Ipswich v Norwich in the play offs Shaun ?! :thumbsup:

In all seriousness Lambert is doing a phenomonal job.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. I reckon we'd do them too. :thumbsup:

But - we are nowhere near ready for the Prem. We're miles off being ready. If we go up, we'll get urinated on from a great height a la Billy Davies' Derby. The only side who are ready for the Prem are QPR imo; and I'd rather we stayed down and got stronger, increasing Carrow Road's capacity in tandem. But it's Lambert who's doing all this: he's been absolutely amazing, and I think he'll stick around until a big Prem club (ie. someone like Everton) came in for him.

jamboinglasgow

thats the thing, people will treat this like the SPL have no good players or isn't championship quality. But I think its a team that isn't gelling, has had a slow start. Still think it will click given a few more weeks, but will Strachan be given the time?

Wee Shame

He may be lucky. Steve Gibson is a very tolerant chairman who does not sack managers at the drop of a hat

Cairneyhill Jambo

According to Sky Sports News last night, the Derby fans were singing

"Sacked in the morning

You're getting sacked in the morning" towards the wee ginger bawbag.

The weedgie media used to slaver on about how good a manager he was when he was at Celtic, totally ignoring the fact that he bombed in his previous managerial jobs.

Strachan is a totally overated manager who is being found out now.

I've been saying all ******* season that, with the amount of dross they've bought from the SPL, they're going to strugge badly.

People have been quick to jump on my back for it, saying the team needs time to gel etc, etc. They've had time. They. Are. Shite.

Really hope either they go down, or Strachan gets the bullet.

• 3 weeks later...
Say What Again

Judging by the results of this poll in a local Middlesbrough paper, the fans - almost to a man - want him out.

gordon-strachan-survey-results-894348125.jpg

gordon-strachan-survey-results-271502050.jpg

Paul Fletchers blog on BBC football

The attendance statistic must be worrying for the chairman, 21,000 at the first game of the season, then 14,000 only 4 home games later. A drop of 7,000 (or 33%) is surley cause for concern - especially since they only once had a gate below 17,000 last season.

:clock:

Archived