Skacel

ardenjambo

Thoughts?

Personally thought it was always going to be hard for him to live up to the expectation. That reception was the best I've heard in a long time. I know he isn't match fit, but I just didn't see too much hunger from him today, aside from his first attempt on goal, not long after coming on

Losing a goal within about a minute of him coming on didn't help.

I thought in the main his touch and passing looked a cut above what the rest of the midfield had to offer today anyway. Definitely still good enough for us IMO.

scots civil war

******* reception shot down in flames from the well

what a kick in the bollocks to rudimania

looking good tho,cutting inside and passing solidly

Jambof3tornado

**** me how quick some are to judge? His touch looked better than most of the rest and he at least tried a forward pass,something ruben failed to connect with in the rare occasion that he didn't pass it sideways or backwards!

Only touched the ball a few times but almost every time looked to play a simple pass to a teammate- something no one else in the side had done all ******* day. No where near sharp enough but that should come.

Can't believe folk are ready to judge after one sub appearance. Give the guy time to get properly fit then see what he can offer.

He did ok.

Was encouraging Jonsson after the 1st goal. And Rudi actually made a decent tackle on that Motherwell right winger - something that Jonsson seemed to have the inability to do.

**** me how quick some are to judge? His touch looked better than most of the rest and he at least tried a forward pass,something ruben failed to connect with in the rare occasion that he didn't pass it sideways or backwards!

Calm it, wasn't getting down on the guy, just wanting to share my opinion on his performance and see what other people thought

My first post so here goes.

Thought that rudi did ok when he came on,agree with what others r saying not fully fit so hopfully better to come.can add something to the middle once fully fit imo.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Skacel has technical ability that every other Hearts player can only dream of having.

He had to come in to the middle of the park to

A) Try and get the ball of the donkeys at the back

B ) Cover for the donkeys in the middle

He did ok.

Was encouraging Jonsson after the 1st goal. And Rudi actually made a decent tackle on that Motherwell right winger - something that Jonsson seemed to have the inability to do.

I thought Jonsson made a few decent tackles. Problem is that you have to stop Humphries every time and we didn't.

Francis Albert

Deary me i thought i had seen it all on here...... Judging a guy on 22 mins sub appearence.

Too many were making extravagant judgments before he kicked a ball. And almost every post on this thread is positive.

IMO he'll probably do a better job in the middle but he did some simple things well and actually looked like he wanted to get a shot off

The international break after the Rangers game will give him the time to get up to match fitness

The home support will no doubt start booing him in a few games time when he hasn't scored a goal.

He was a good player in a great team in 05/06 - now he's a good player in a really sh+tty team.

Success this season will be finishing 5th, as we are not as good as Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell or Dundee United.

His poorest moment was when he let a simple pass to him in the open just run out of play. Time will tell.

Why single out his poorest moment? Poorest post imo!

I wasn't at the game however from what others were saying he did quite well and looked classy with the ball. Why are people looking for negatives from his performance if he did ok, better than most or even quite good? FFS!

rudi must stay

Did okay. Similar to Kyle he seemed to be on a different wavelength to the team at times, hopefully that's sorted out in training

ToadKiller Dog

I saw nothing from todays game to judge him on . He certainly did not change the game our way , looked busy thats about it .

He will do a job for us no doubt but his area is not the problem .

When he came on the team should have went defensive for 5mins so he and Elliott could adjust but nope they did what the shouldnt have done left themselves exposed and lost the goal putting a major dampner on the game .

Would have prefered to see him come on for Stevenson who was posted missing for most of the game. Temps was keeping two Motherwell players tied up on the left and an attacking threat through the middle (which Stevvenson wasn't providing) may have caused Motherwell more problems. Taking Temps off today was a major tactical blunder IMO. Too early to judge Rudi.

Would have prefered to see him come on for Stevenson who was posted missing for most of the game. Temps was keeping two Motherwell players tied up on the left and an attacking threat through the middle (which Stevvenson wasn't providing) may have caused Motherwell more problems. Taking Temps off today was a major tactical blunder IMO. Too early to judge Rudi.

Agree and bringing on 2 rusty players at the same time was also a blunder.

thought he looked slow, quite lost and off the pace. But his touch, passing and skill looked a class above the rest of our team. once up to fitness and speed then he will be a terrific addition to the squad.

Completely agree. Temps wasnt fantastic today but he can always create something, Rudi on for Stevenson would have been the better move.....

RoussetsShorts

the guy is utter class, he plays the simple pass, always looks for the one - two to release somebody, my only fear is he is always a pass ahead and some of our players are not good enough to work that out.

Agreed he must look at the current squad and be aghast at the lack of quality, especially at the back.

touch and passing were still reasonably good but even allowing for a lack of fitness he still looks too slow to be a 90 minute midfielder or winger in the spl and probably better used to support the main striker or as a sub, definitely doesn't have the same legs or pace as Templeton or a fit Driver or Rudi-2005.

Sorry but I thought RS did sod all, although he was far from the worst. I think some people are living in a dream and I will be first to apologise if I am wrong.

Sorry but I thought RS did sod all, although he was far from the worst. I think some people are living in a dream and I will be first to apologise if I am wrong.

Did you not see him control the ball and pass to one of his own players consistently and have 2 shots at goal or was that a dream?

Did you not see him control the ball and pass to one of his own players consistently and have 2 shots at goal or was that a dream?

I saw 2 shots that he little chance of scoring with. Glory ahead of teamwork.

He may be ring rusty and I'll hold fire because of that but 5 years on..... I hae ma doots.

touch and passing were still reasonably good but even allowing for a lack of fitness he still looks too slow to be a 90 minute midfielder or winger in the spl and probably better used to support the main striker or as a sub, definitely doesn't have the same legs or pace as Templeton or a fit Driver or Rudi-2005.

I saw 2 shots that he little chance of scoring with. Glory ahead of teamwork.

He may be ring rusty and I'll hold fire because of that but 5 years on..... I hae ma doots.

Charlie-Brown and JamboAl in mood dampener shocker rolleyes.gif

Rightly or wrongly, anyone who judges Rudi after 15 minutes today if a ******* mug.

Bolt.

vqr7k6.jpg

Keep walking over to hibs.net you pricks...

195863-skacel-in-talks-with-hearts-over-return-410x230.jpg

Seymour M Hersh

Even if he had a bad touch (which I doubt) he was still several miles ahead of most of the first 11.

And as for the managers tactics............guessing wildly he had some but were imo ******* shite to put it succinctly.

Rudi still looks a player but his tracking back when not in possession will not meet Jeffries criteria for a midfielder. I hope I'm wrong as he still looks good going forward..

Never wasted the ball today. And I'm not just saying that because I have so much respect for him as a player. Although I feel he could have played wider, he was having to cover for the rest of his team mates, thus being drawn into the middle. He was playing all the right balls, not that the rest of the team did anything with them mind. Even had a shot, which to me, didn't look too far away.

Welcome home Rudi,

You've been missed

Charlie-Brown and JamboAl in mood dampener shocker rolleyes.gif

It's amazing how you always get one idiot who prefers to attack a poster rather than comment on the subject.

If you disagree with my opinion that's fine but if you want me simply to agree with what you think let me just say I thought Rudi was absolutely wonderful and cheered me up no end at 4.50 pm.

It's amazing how you always get one idiot who prefers to attack a poster rather than comment on the subject.

If you disagree with my opinion that's fine but if you want me simply to agree with what you think let me just say I thought Rudi was absolutely wonderful and cheered me up no end at 4.50 pm.

Idiot? Personal abyoooose isn't allowed on this board sad.gif

Was merely commenting on how you and CB tend to be overly negative when the rest of the topic is positive or vice-versa. thumbsup.gif

Idiot? Personal abyoooose isn't allowed on this board sad.gif

Was merely commenting on how you and CB tend to be overly negative when the rest of the topic is positive or vice-versa. thumbsup.gif

So you're implying we are wrong and everyone else is right. It's all about opinions and it's sheer arrogance to believe yours is right. I repeat that I think RS did sod all today; now you tell us all the wonderful things you think he did. I think your head's in the clouds from 5 years ago.

ross do you think we were more effective and threatening down the left flank today and also defended better when temps was on or when skacel came on? Both subs were very rusty and weakened us as a result in my opinion.

So you're implying we are wrong and everyone else is right. It's all about opinions and it's sheer arrogance to believe yours is right. I repeat that I think RS did sod all today; now you tell us all the wonderful things you think he did. I think your head's in the clouds from 5 years ago.

I think he was trying to imply you aren't the cheeriest of posters.

Could you please point out where I said you were wrong? Thanks muchly thumbsup.gif

ross do you think we were more effective and threatening down the left flank today and also defended better when temps was on or when skacel came on? Both subs were very rusty and weakened us as a result in my opinion.

Didn't think the subs made too much difference either way tbh although Rudi looked alot sharper on the ball than the rest of the team when he came on, maybe taking off temps wasn't the wisest idea but who knows, he could have had an injury.

Could you please point out where I said you were wrong? Thanks muchly thumbsup.gif

Do you know what imply means? By saying that CB and I were putting a dampener on things you clearly thought the world with Rudi was rosy. I'll repeat; he was not the worst but he did sod all of note.

Before the substitution M'well had double-banked and treble-banked on Temps and IMO the change released one or two of their players to cause mayhem across the park. none more so than the one on ones with Eggy. Temps was working for the team. Rudi was working for Rudi.

I'll ask you again. What did he do of note?

Archived