Top 10 SPL saves

mullen13

Just noticed Chick Young's top saves thing on the BBC site and our very own Marian Kello gets the number one slot for his brilliant penalty save vs Dundee Utd.

Noticed that Aberdeen keeper Howard is in about 5 of them, is that the same Howard that was at St Mirren? and whatever happened to Langfield?

I would also like to think that Kello has been the best keeper in the SPL so far and probably our best player, agree?

Cairneyhill Jambo

Not SPL but Henry Smith's save against Dundee United in 1986 I think was the greatest save I have ever seen. It wad compared to Gordon Banks save versus Brazil at the time.

Just noticed Chick Young's top saves thing on the BBC site and our very own Marian Kello gets the number one slot for his brilliant penalty save vs Dundee Utd.

Noticed that Aberdeen keeper Howard is in about 5 of them, is that the same Howard that was at St Mirren? and whatever happened to Langfield?

I would also like to think that Kello has been the best keeper in the SPL so far and probably our best player, agree?

I wouldn't go as far as saying that yet.

I think (unfortunately) McShagger at Rangers is probably the best keeper in the league at the moment. And as for Kello, our best player...what about Wallace or Kyle? Kello is a decent keeper, but not in the same class as Gordon or Niemi, yet.

Ha. Good stuff.

The funny thing is I wouldn't even agree with the final standings. I'd have Esson's save from Bauben at number one.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that yet.

I think (unfortunately) McShagger at Rangers is probably the best keeper in the league at the moment. And as for Kello, our best player...what about Wallace or Kyle? Kello is a decent keeper, but not in the same class as Gordon or Niemi, yet.

:mellow:

Kello pisses all over McGrgeor (probably because he's called into action more often, but I think the point still stands). And anyone else in the SPL for that matter. Best 'keeper in the SPL by some distance, IMO.

Not SPL but Henry Smith's save against Dundee United in 1986 I think was the greatest save I have ever seen. It wad compared to Gordon Banks save versus Brazil at the time.

Would have to go for Craig Gordon's save in the last minute against Motherwell a few years back. Stunning goalkeeping!

I'd agree that Kello has been superb for us this season. I remember Craig Gordons save at fester road from a Rob Jones header in the last minute a few years back, now that was sublime!!

Rousset double save in his second game, midweek against Motherwell.

Always remember before the game seeing highlights on the Telly of him playing against England

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"What happened to Langfield?"

There are different theories but the most likely one is that he was dropped down the stairs by a careless midwife.

"What happened to Langfield?"

There are different theories but the most likely one is that he was dropped down the stairs by a careless midwife.

:lol:

As mentioned earlier, the game against DUFC in 86 was a stormer. Henry was brilliant that day. So was the support.

Not SPL, but the saves Gordon made in the UEFA game a couple of years ago was out of this world. 2 or 3 quickfire. Who was that against again?

:lol:

As mentioned earlier, the game against DUFC in 86 was a stormer. Henry was brilliant that day. So was the support.

Not SPL, but the saves Gordon made in the UEFA game a couple of years ago was out of this world. 2 or 3 quickfire. Who was that against again?

Triple save agasint Sparta Prauge. Even their goalie was clapping for him.

Craig Gordons double save at Livi. He put the second shot over the bar whilst on his knees from the first shot or his save from a Plastic Whistle free kick in the Scottish Cup.

Too many to mention from Big Craig tbh.

Craig Gordon's save in the last minute against Hibs at easter road has to be right up there with his best save's for Hearts.Absolutely stunning save.

Archived