Where is good on a Fri night

andrew

Got a mate coming up from down south and we'll be out in Edinburgh tomorrow night before Tiesto through in Glasgow on Saturday.

I usually head to Berlin (or the Lane as it's now called) on the rare occasions I head up town these days but fancied somewhere a bit busier.

I hate Cav and Subway so that's a no go. Is City any good? I was there one Friday last month and it was rammed but that may have been because of the festival and later opening hours. I had a look on that dontstayin.com but looks as if there's ride all on this weekend - obviously too close to pay day!

Any other suggestions?

Frankensteins.

They do a lovely 21st, so I'm told.

I heard the food is lackluster. Better stock up on some pizza for when you get home afterwards!

I dont live in Edinburgh but a mate of mine dragged me out a few weeks back on a Friday night.

I can tell you whats NOT good - Harry's Bar :down:

I dont live in Edinburgh but a mate of mine dragged me out a few weeks back on a Friday night.

I can tell you whats NOT good - Harry's Bar :down:

You're clearly not a sleazy 60 year old lawyer on the look out for an affair.... !!

Got a mate coming up from down south and we'll be out in Edinburgh tomorrow night before Tiesto through in Glasgow on Saturday.

I usually head to Berlin (or the Lane as it's now called) on the rare occasions I head up town these days but fancied somewhere a bit busier.

I hate Cav and Subway so that's a no go. Is City any good? I was there one Friday last month and it was rammed but that may have been because of the festival and later opening hours. I had a look on that dontstayin.com but looks as if there's ride all on this weekend - obviously too close to pay day!

Any other suggestions?

Alright mate? Who is coming up? Craig by any chance?

I usually go to The Lane now as it's pretty decent cause most clubs are God awful now (btw will hopefully be DJ'ing there soon will keep you posted).

I usually just stick to the pub/club types now like vodka rev etc...

Guest juvehearts

haha i hate edinburgh for any night out.

safe to say you will easily spend what ?80-150 on a deent night out??

ryanair ?8 flights to berlin (yeah not the club)

get to an warehouse next to the east side gallery, its open from 3pm - 8am.

fritzclub. get the S bahn from alexandeplatz to ostbahnhof.

if you really want a night out, the kit kat club. ( basically you have to be naked to get in )

hey dont worry if your, pfhat bassa the bigger the better!!! - thats a quote from my schwager.

what a word schwager, man Sie durften deutschland lieben!!!!

juve

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

if you really want a night out, the kit kat club. ( basically you have to be naked to get in )

hey dont worry if your, pfhat bassa the bigger the better!!! - thats a quote from my schwager.

juve

What's the club called next to the water again? Techno club, I went in the summer and it was banging!

As for Edinburgh .... Citrus Club, Liquid Room or Picture House. If you're in to Tiesto and all that though then you'll not find anything you like. Better off going to George Street probably.

Guest juvehearts

What's the club called next to the water again? Techno club, I went in the summer and it was banging!

Where??

east or west berlin, thats not going by much that lol.

they're over400 clubs in berlin alone.

47 in edinburgh lol

Guest juvehearts

Just remembered ... called the Watergate.

watergate_berlin.JPG

Berlin is a cracking city. :thumbsup:

try die splinderklatt when your there next.

a lot of eurotrash & hardstyle crossover tunes with the german hard house that is rarely incorporated into british dance.

probally will be why the likes of scooter, cascada, fragma, schller (chris von deylen) to nameonly a few have had sucess in GB, with a large thanks to the prodigy.

next trip to berlin, is soon actually ryanair have kindly gave us 25% off ending midnight tonight, flying over on wed 27 oct for a week coming back on wed 3rd nov basically ?30 return, all in!!!!!! ja ja ja ja.

dakneschun Ryanair.

juve

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

try die splinderklatt when your there next.

a lot of eurotrash & hardstyle crossover tunes with the german hard house that is rarely incorporated into british dance.

probally will be why the likes of scooter, cascada, fragma, schller (chris von deylen) to nameonly a few have had sucess in GB, with a large thanks to the prodigy.

next trip to berlin, is soon actually ryanair have kindly gave us 25% off ending midnight tonight, flying over on wed 27 oct for a week coming back on wed 3rd nov basically ?30 return, all in!!!!!! ja ja ja ja.

dakneschun Ryanair.

juve

I'm considering going for new year. Can't wait. It's like a mini New York really, everyone is young, trendy and cool as ****.

Was there for the Germany 4 - 0 Argentina game. What an experience it is watching a game in that fan mile. Absolute carnage after as well. :D

juve

Went to a place called RAW Tempel which I think was near the east side gallery. Was like a backstreet warehouse that went on till about 10 in the monrning. Was mental leaving a club and getting a beer at 9 in the morning from a newsagent before getting the S Bahn back while folk were heading into work. Berlin's a brilliant city.

As for Edinburgh, I've been to club nights at the Liquid Rooms, Cab Vol and The Picturehouse recently and they've all been decent. A Friday night in Why Not isn't the worst. If you've had a tonne to drink beforehand that is..!

Stereo is good on a friday, so is City.

If your plan is too get pished then go to the Hive, not the greatest of places but the drink is cheap.

oh ah grantona

The question is has your mate ever been too edinburgh if not prob anywhere will do, we all hate it because its our regular haunt and will always pick anywhere for a nite out other than edinburgh. We have a guy in my work trying to orginaize a stagger in edinburgh while im tryin to tell him NO but he aint listenin

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

I would say Whynot, the drinks are cheap on a friday, musics decent...the folk that go are a bit stuck up but if your out for a good time you won't be noticing them! have a good one anyway.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

I would say Whynot, the drinks are cheap on a friday, musics decent...the folk that go are a bit stuck up but if your out for a good time you won't be noticing them! have a good one anyway.

City is rammed every week now, full of neds.

Avoid.

Given that he is going to a Tiesto gig, the amount of neds in attendance probably isn't of great concern to him.

Stereo is good on a friday, so is City.

If your plan is to get pished then go to the Hive, not the greatest of places but the drink is cheap.

Sold! Can't be arsed spending ?80+ on getting smashed.

Given that he is going to a Tiesto gig, the amount of neds in attendance probably isn't of great concern to him.

There may be a fair few neds that go but over the years I've seen most of the 'ned magnets' in Tiesto, Mauro Piccotto, Judge Jules, Faithless etc and never seen any bother at all. In fact, the only gig in Edinburgh there has been trouble at recently was Oasis. Maybe you indie loving musical toffs could learn something from us neddy dance music lovers:)

Archived