Sportscene

Hambone

How bad is the defending ? 4 goals to Falkirk unbelieveable

Surely the boy McGowan must be given a chance now

The defence looks even worse there than it was at the match.

That last goal in injury time is Sunday league standard. :verymad::verymad:

The defence looks even worse there than it was at the match.

That last goal in injury time is Sunday league standard. :verymad::verymad:

bit harsh on Sunday league players in my opinion, more like under 11 girls, give young McGowan a chance now, he has been waiting in the wings for his change now is the time

Defence was pathetic. Atleast we are scoring goals now but what good is that if u concede bucket loads. Cmon JJ everyone can see something needs done!! We have younger guys capable of filling in. Throw them straight in at the deep end and see how they do. Let's face it they can't be any worse can they???

And Thomson, what was that about!! Screw the nut in future! U have the ability to make a good career yourself. Just think twice in future, or next time give barr a boot cos he was rotten!!

Thomson should get leathered for that. Slipped my arse,

Snap,, I just thought the same. I just hope he feels shit about it and comes back a better player.

Thanks to Hambone for posting!

Thomson should get leathered for that. Slipped my arse,

No no..ref is a corrupt celtic fan..scottish football is corrupt SFA GTF!! pathetic.

Definite need to dump our pish defenders, maybe it's just a case that they can't form a decent understanding and the best option should be retained and the other dropped. McGowan should be given a shot now, either he is ready to step up or he should be sold to allow for his career to start elsewhere. If JJ deems he is not better than that crap, he doesn't have a hope of playing for the first team.

The way Barr backs away from Flynn actually makes me shudder.

If you're on about their 3rd goal, it looks as if both Barr and Palazuelos track the same run, leaving a massive gap in the centre of our defence. With defending like that Barr surely can't be playing at CH on Sat...

Brainless Hearts players yet again.

Not just Thomson. But what do Suso and Kyle think they are playing at with the celebrations? How stupid are they? The club's disciplinary record is an utter disgrace and they are looking for guaranteed bookings.

The People's Chimp

If you're on about their 3rd goal, it looks as if both Barr and Palazuelos track the same run, leaving a massive gap in the centre of our defence. With defending like that Barr surely can't be playing at CH on Sat...

Let's hope not. Either bring in McGowan or play Jonsson and Bouzid, with Mrowiec in front of them.

Not just Thomson. But what do Suso and Kyle think they are playing at with the celebrations? How stupid are they? The club's disciplinary record is an utter disgrace and they are looking for guaranteed bookings.

Coco, could I ask - were you at the game?

I don't have a problem with that personally, now obviously I'd rather they didn't get booked but if a player is booked for over celebrating what could have proved to have been an important goal I'm inclined to let it slide more so than if it had been for an act of petulance or a needless foul

That's a fact !

Who is letting Suso out onto the field with a T-shirt just itching to be displayed = a stick on booking

I've a wee bit more sympathy with Kyle, who has scored a peach and put us back into the driving seat, but we simply cannot have guys collecting 'innocent' yellows when we know the refs are just itching to stick it to us with 'harsh' yellows for other misdemeanours

Commander Harris

That's a fact !

Who is letting Suso out onto the field with a T-shirt just itching to be displayed??=??a stick on booking

I've a wee bit more sympathy with Kyle, who has scored a peach and put us back into the driving seat, but we simply cannot have guys collecting 'innocent' yellows when we know the refs are just itching to stick it to us with 'harsh' yellows for other misdemeanours

if wearing a T-shirt just itching to be displayed inspires him to that level of performance he can do it every week for all I care. ?

Does it matter if he was or not. I was and he's absolutely right, as I've said on another thread. Celebrate certainly but don't put the referee in a position where he has no option but to give a yellow card. They're quick enough to flash them as it is. It's part of being a professional to show a bit of simple self-restraint.

Does it matter if he was or not. I was and he's absolutely right, as I've said on another thread. Celebrate certainly but don't put the referee in a position where he has no option but to give a yellow card. They're quick enough to flash them as it is. It's part of being a professional to show a bit of simple self-restraint.

I would think someone at the game would understand the emotion behind doing it.

No didn't make it along.

Clearly they were pumped up and in the heat of the moment were stupid (though wearing a Tshirt with messages suggests pre-meditation). But this season we have had bookings and sendings off for all manner of stupid indiscipline. JJ and his team have been no better than Laszlo or the pyramid.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would think someone at the game would understand the emotion behind doing it.

You can show emotion without taking your top off? To have 2 players booked for that is criminal - end of. No doubt these bookings will come back to haunt us in important games at the end of the season.

You can show emotion without taking your top off? To have 2 players booked for that is criminal - end of. No doubt these bookings will come back to haunt us in important games at the end of the season.

Since we've been knocked out the League Cup I don't think it'll matter?

We_are_the_Hearts

Since we've been knocked out the League Cup I don't think it'll matter?

Thought they would ahve been included in your overall disciplinary points? Not sure on that one....

Looked as if Barr was possibly at fault for all 4 goals.

Where the **** is he standing for the 3rd goal? He neither closed the player down, nor did he get himself in between the player and the goal. It's almost as if he just stepped aside and let him through. :mellow:

I knew Barr had a shocker but I thought we should maybe give time to let him and Bouzid form an understanding. I obviously underestimated just how shite he was. Can't get over that third goal in particular.

Guest JamboRobbo

Celebrate certainly but don't put the referee in a position where he has no option but to give a yellow card. They're quick enough to flash them as it is. It's part of being a professional to show a bit of simple self-restraint.

Correct. Give our poor disciplinary record which we're supposed to be trying to improve, to have two players booked for taking their shirts off is criminal.

Also agree with comments on our defending. Shocking.

Big_Hearts_Runner

Cheers again HB! Great to see the goals from a different angle across other side of pitch.

3rd & 4th looks worse every time...I think I'm going to draw a line under it now and not watch any more 'highlights' of that game again.

To end on a positive note: Superb Header from Kyle, not see a Hearts player be such a threat in the air for a while...AND superb determination and drive from Suso for the 2nd!

No no..ref is a corrupt celtic fan..scottish football is corrupt SFA GTF!! pathetic.

Scottish football is corrupt and he is a celtic fan, however, he got the decision correct. I find your "smart erse" comments pathetic, grow up.

Both Barr and Bouzid had a nightmare, but people seem to just go on about Barr. Have a look at Bouzids positioning also, its poor and he is at fault for the winner as he doesnt even challenge for the header and JJ said so himself, he just didnt name him.

Like Jambo in DC, I'm keen to draw a line under the performance and result but having only just seen the highlights here's my tuppenceworth-

Craig Thomson-def sending off IMO, not the greatest picture quality but silly laddie!!!

Obviously Barr had a mare, no one is disputing that and listening to the radio it sounded like he couldnt handle the lad Stewart at all, in saying that, watching the goals we lost he's not helped by his teamates either IMO.

1st Goal- Falkirk defender/midfielder is allowed to run at the heart of the defence,yes Barr loses his man but he also has to try and put pressure on the ball as no one else has bothered, dont think Ruben done much of a job in sweeping round to cover Barr either.

2nd goal- We stand off the play too much, not affecting the ball, ball in behind Ruben is picked out too easily IMO, this is one thing I'd always say to anyone playing fullback, never get caught by a ball in the channel between you and the left centre half, Central defenders arent tight enough to the stikers and get punished, not always easy to do when a ball goes to one wing and your body/head is half turned to the ball, again, not good enough in general but dont think Barr is solely to blame.

3rd Goal- Barr is in a position to go and challenge Flynn and should do so, again though, Ruben hardly coves himself in glory in backin off as well, the chips were down at that point and you would like to think both players would be throwing themselves at the ball, not backing off. I'm assuming Flynn played Right Midfield, therefore essentially, it's really Ruben's man.

4th Goal- Amatuer defending, nothing more can be said about that.

Conclusion-We all know Barr must do better but that game shows that we cannot get away with Ruben at Left Back. Okay if your on the front foot in games but he was badly exposed, maybe as much as Barr IMO.

Absolutely torture.

Although I do agree the defence are getting no protection from midfield. For their 1st goal the boy who played the pass had acres of space before Barr stepped out of line.

As for getting booked for taking your shirt off, no excuse. Players should be fined for it. You know you're getting booked, so why do it? you run the risk of being sent off, or you pull out of challenges because you're worried about being sent off.

Interesting to know if their number 3 (I think) was booked at the end though after he jumped the boardings and ran to the crowd? Anyone know?

Interesting to know if their number 3 (I think) was booked at the end though after he jumped the boardings and ran to the crowd? Anyone know?

Noticed that myself. According to my SSN app, Twaddle (No.3) did not get booked. There's a surprise

Barr's defending at the 3rd and Bouzid's defending at the 2nd and 4th were absolutely piss poor. Don't think I've seen anything like it tbh.

Genuinely stunned that the first thing people can think of moaning about is our players celebrating an equalising goal and a goal that has put us in the lead after an amazing comeback.

Barr's defending at the 3rd and Bouzid's defending at the 2nd and 4th were absolutely piss poor. Don't think I've seen anything like it tbh.

Genuinely stunned that the first thing people can think of moaning about is our players celebrating equalising goals and a goal that has put us in the lead after an amazing comeback.

I don't think the first thing anybody thinks about moaning about is players' celebrations. It's pretty clear on this thread, and several others that everybody is aware that the defending was woeful.

People are merely voicing other concerns, quite rightly IMO.

I don't think the first thing anybody thinks about moaning about is players' celebrations. It's pretty clear on this thread, and several others that everybody is aware that the defending was woeful.

People are merely voicing other concerns, quite rightly IMO.

Perhaps i'm being a bit harsh.

I think under the circumstances of those 2 goals that it is understandable that they over-celebrated slightly.

Perhaps i'm being a bit harsh.

I think under the circumstances of those 2 goals that it is understandable that they over-celebrated slightly.

I think it's a stupid rule that players get booked for it at all, regardless of the circumstances.

But the penny should have dropped by now, do it and get booked, so there's no excuse. I don't understand why players do it anyway, kiss the badge, thump your chest etc.

What the UTTER **** is Barr doing for the third goal?

I knew he was at fault for the first and partly for the second, but, **** me, what is that one all about? That's probably the worst defending I've ever seen from a professional footballer.

23t2ghz.jpg

He's just taken about six steps away from the player when I took that screenshot, roughly in the direction of the arrow. JJ, bench this ******* loser.

I knew he was at fault for the first and partly for the second, but, **** me, what is that one all about? That's probably the worst defending I've ever seen from a professional footballer.

23t2ghz.jpg

He's just taken about six steps away from the player when I took that screenshot, roughly in the direction of the arrow. JJ, bench this ******* loser.

It is like he was a computer game character and someone had hit the wrong button! Awful stuff.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Cracking analysis there, Neave. Andy Gray better watch out. :laugh:

Seriously though .... the only explanation for his position is he wanted Falkirk to score. Really can't say much else about it.

Seriously though .... the only explanation for his position is he wanted Falkirk to score. Really can't say much else about it.

Seriously, that crossed my mind too. Maybe it was subconcious, but no professional defender can be that bad at defending naturally; he runs away from the player to give him space.

23t2ghz.jpg

You've missed your calling in life with analysis like that laugh.gif

How he thought Flynn was going to pass that ball the way he was running I'll never know. Fact is he made a complete arse of it, and should be dropped and broke in slowly in order to get his confidence back.

Just had to rewind and replay several times Darren Barrs decision to mark a player running to the corner flag and totally ignore the fact that yeh guy on the ball was straight through on goal, unbelievable.

Darren simply not good enough, I would drop him and put McGowan on the park

Like Jambo in DC, I'm keen to draw a line under the performance and result but having only just seen the highlights here's my tuppenceworth-

Craig Thomson-def sending off IMO, not the greatest picture quality but silly laddie!!!

Obviously Barr had a mare, no one is disputing that and listening to the radio it sounded like he couldnt handle the lad Stewart at all, in saying that, watching the goals we lost he's not helped by his teamates either IMO.

1st Goal- Falkirk defender/midfielder is allowed to run at the heart of the defence,yes Barr loses his man but he also has to try and put pressure on the ball as no one else has bothered, dont think Ruben done much of a job in sweeping round to cover Barr either.

2nd goal- We stand off the play too much, not affecting the ball, ball in behind Ruben is picked out too easily IMO, this is one thing I'd always say to anyone playing fullback, never get caught by a ball in the channel between you and the left centre half, Central defenders arent tight enough to the stikers and get punished, not always easy to do when a ball goes to one wing and your body/head is half turned to the ball, again, not good enough in general but dont think Barr is solely to blame

3rd Goal- Barr is in a position to go and challenge Flynn and should do so, again though, Ruben hardly coves himself in glory in backin off as well, the chips were down at that point and you would like to think both players would be throwing themselves at the ball, not backing off. I'm assuming Flynn played Right Midfield, therefore essentially, it's really Ruben's man.

4th Goal- Amatuer defending, nothing more can be said about that.

Conclusion-We all know Barr must do better but that game shows that we cannot get away with Ruben at Left Back. Okay if your on the front foot in games but he was badly exposed, maybe as much as Barr IMO.

Good post.

My Hall of Blame as follows:

1st goal - Ruben has to track the scorer, Barr also caught in no man's land.

2nd - Ruben again caught ball-watchind and Bouzid joins in the fun.

3rd - Barr, obvious for all to see that he made the wrong decision and the decision shouldn't have been difficult.

4th Bouzid has to win the header and everyone else for not flinging themselves in where it hurt when it mattered.

Chief idiot though - Craig Thomson. I'm trying hard to like him but I'm less convinced every week. With his technique he should be doing better than he is. I keep reading people talking about his attacking ability but rarely see it. Even his crosses aren't close to the standard of when he made his debut (not writing him off but he needs to screw the nut).

Also agree that the bookings were stupid especially being down to 10 men with the possibility of extra time.

As I said the other night barrs performance was the worst in central defence I can remember seeing at the club. Surely he can only improve.

Another point is I watched him, after hearts signed him, playing for falkirk in. A couple of televised games. He was nowhere near that bad. One was against Celtic and he had a very decent game so what on earth has gone SO wrong.

Archived