Sunny Beach. Bulgaria

Geeky Boy

I have just booked a holiday to Sunny Beach staying at the Mena Palace Hotel.

Has anyone been to this resort and stayed in this hotel, any info would be most helpful.

Thanks, Bluebird.

I went to suuny beach 2 years ago, wouldn't go back, and wouldn't recomend it to anyone, although it is quite cheap, it certainly isn't cheerful. The beach is like a giant ashtray, fag ends lying everywhere, everyman and his dog smokes, if you are a non smoker you will smell it as soon as you enter a bulding. I would save my money or go somewhere else.

• 2 months later...

Only 3 weeks till we're off, so I thought I would bump this post to see if I could get any more info.

:cheers:

Sunny beach is more for family/old people. Nice enough resort dont know what the prices are like now but when I was there 3 yrs ago very very cheap! and very hot :D and just a short bus trip away from nessebar.

However I prefer Golden Sands I was there 4 yrs ago more to do at night more night life. But just beware of the over friendly men and the hookers. I remember saving this poor old english man from a hooker haha fun times.

Bulgaira is nice, Hope you have a nice holiday :)

marshallschunkychicken

I quite enjoyed sunny beach. It's pretty much how Spain was about 15 years ago, or at least it was when I was there two years ago. I was staying in some nice quiet apartments on the outskirts though.

If you want something a bit different, do the Jeep safari.

Did some unfortunate British holidaymaker not get ripped to pieces by a pack of stray dogs in Bulgaria recently?

Legend Claws

I was there in 1990 when it was still Commie lets just say it was interesting! A supermarket with only baked beans on the shelves is a good example. Sure it is a different place now.

I quite enjoyed sunny beach. It's pretty much how Spain was about 15 years ago, or at least it was when I was there two years ago. I was staying in some nice quiet apartments on the outskirts though.

If you want something a bit different, do the Jeep safari.

Yeah...do that you might get crocodile dundee as your driver... :)

Loved Sunny beach, but dont know what the nightlife would be like.

Was cheap as chips...40p a pint etc...! We had nice relaxing holiday but sure it could be mental too!

A supermarket with only baked beans on the shelves is a good example.

No wonder the dogs are raging if there's no Pedigree Chum etc.

Did some unfortunate British holidaymaker not get ripped to pieces by a pack of stray dogs in Bulgaria recently?

I'll pack my baseball bat. It could come in handy LOL

Archived