Just watched Highlights from last, Thomson never a red!

Walter Bishop

I hope the club appeal this, its ridiculous that the lineman and ref saw nothing but the 4th official managed to conjure something up in his mind worthy of a sending off!!!Falkirk`s Finnigan clearly swipes his foot and misses Thomson just he stands up, i can only think the lineman saw this and assumed it was Thomson???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the club appeal this, its ridiculous that the lineman and ref saw nothing but the 4th official managed to conjure something up in his mind worthy of a sending off!!!Falkirk`s Finnigan clearly swipes his foot and misses Thomson just he stands up, i can only think the lineman saw this and assumed it was Thomson???

Can I ask where you viewed this would like to see it

its on HW highlights and have to disagree with OP - I backed the lad up to the hilt last night.

Watched the replay 5-6 times now and the right foot of CT did seem to drag studs down on the player on the ground - was furious when i saw it last night as I thought the ref was wrong, its certainly debatable but I do see malice.

He didnt slip on the turf (which was wet) looks like full contact on the player and at pace to suggest a reaction & that he kicked out - didnt seem to be gathering his footing.

its on HW highlights and have to disagree with OP - I backed the lad up to the hilt last night.

Watched the replay 5-6 times now and the right foot of CT did seem to drag studs down on the player on the ground - was furious when i saw it last night as I thought the ref was wrong, its certainly debatable but I do see malice.

He didnt slip on the turf (which was wet) looks like full contact on the player and at pace to suggest a reaction & that he kicked out - didnt seem to be gathering his footing.

I can see where you think this but as far as im concerned this was him "freeing" his foot, just after this Finnigan swipes at Thomson and Thomson jumps back this should have been a sending off.

Because he kicked the guy. Not sure what else there is to say, really. :mellow:

He kicks nobody, you havent seen it have you?

He drags his studs down the boy's legs FFS. It doesn't get any clearer.

Then why is he sent off for "kicking out", the 4th official has seen Finnigan and thought it was Thomson imo.

Jambo, Goodbye

Before he stands up he thrusts his studs out towards the Falkirk player and scrapes him down his shin, it's as blatant as daylight.

And it could easily be described as 'kicking out'

Before he stands up he thrusts his studs out towards the Falkirk player and scrapes him down his shin, it's as blatant as daylight.

hahaha it`s that blatant the Falkirk player never noticed as he kicked out at Thomson!!!!

Then why is he sent off for "kicking out", the 4th official has seen Finnigan and thought it was Thomson imo.

Who said he was sent off for kicking out?

He was red carded for violent conduct.

hahaha it`s that blatant the Falkirk player never noticed as he kicked out at Thomson!!!!

You're beginning to make a bit of a prat of yourself tbh.

Who said he was sent off for kicking out?

He was red carded for violent conduct.

Kicking out was what was said on Hearts world last night by one of the coaching staff, relayed to them by 4th official.

Jambo, Goodbye

He didn't make much contact and the Falkirk player had his shin guards on of course

That doesn't hide the intent and it was a mad act of violent contact

He tried to kick out, if not the most successful attempt he still tried, that makes it a red card.

I keep watching it and cant see his foot trapped Jamie - right shoulder also drops to get power into his foot, dissapointed in the action but think it was the correct decision by the 4th official.

Still I really want to forget this game and fingers crossed the defence and CT can learn from the mistakes in this one.

Guest JamboRobbo

Not the clearest view on the camera IMO.

Fairly clear that Thomson does drag his studs down something though, and looks like he knew what he was doing also. His claim of trying to plant his foot and "it slipped" is pretty much shown to be false by that video.

At the same time, Falkirk player does look to have a kick out afterwards, so he's lucky to get away with it.

Bottom line for me is Thomson gave the referee/linesman/4th official a decision to make. If Thomson doesn't react like that, he doesn't get sent off.

He lost it for a second, and HMFC paid the price.

I've seen it four times you mug. Perhaps the fact that everyone disagrees with you suggests that, for once, you're not entirely in the know on this one? :rolleyes:

Kicking out was what was said on Hearts world last night by one of the coaching staff, relayed to them by 4th official.

IT WAS A RED CARD.

GET OVER IT.

Stand by what I said last night- now that it seems clear that it was a straight red CT should be hammered by JJ for his costly indiscipline. And made to apologise to his teammates.

I've seen it four times you mug. Perhaps the fact that everyone disagrees with you suggests that, for once, you're not entirely in the know on this one? :rolleyes:

No need to get personal. And for what its worth i dont think everyone does disagree with me, he doesnt kick out, simple. That is all.

No need to get personal. And for what its worth i dont think everyone does disagree with me, he doesnt kick out, simple. That is all.

Are you just hanging onto 'kicking out' is not the same as 'raking someone with his studs'

If so, its mere semantics.

The end result should still be a straight Red.

To debate anything else is a bit petty.

No need to get personal.

I'll go to any length to assure you that you're wrong. :)

If you can't see him kick out and rake his studs down the boy's leg, I'd suggest either a new monitor or a visit to Specsavers.

Everyone disagrees with you. You reckon that it isn't a red card. Everyone else does. That is, by definition, everyone disagreeing with you.

I trust that this makes some sense to you :thumbsup:

If you can't see him kick out and rake his studs down the boy's leg, I'd suggest either a new monitor or a visit to Specsavers.

Or a consultation with a neurologist for a possible brain tumour affecting the optical nerves.

Are you just hanging onto 'kicking out' is not the same as 'raking someone with his studs'

If so, its mere semantics.

The end result should still be a straight Red.

To debate anything else is a bit petty.

Im not, i do not believe it was a sending off, i really cant see what the 4th official saw to warrant a red, also if he did decide Thomson`s sliding leg was a red card then why did Finnigan not get ordered off for his kick (which missed) as this was more conclusive imo.

Everyone disagrees with you. You reckon that it isn't a red card. Everyone else does. That is, by definition, everyone disagreeing with you.

I trust that this makes some sense to you :thumbsup:

Well there is at least 1 on this thread + Craig himself, so by definition that is not "Everyone".

Jambo, Goodbye

thick_glasses.jpg

Well there is at least 1 on this thread + Craig himself, so by definition that is not "Everyone".

Because Craig's going to say to his irate manager that he did it on purpose.

Stand by what I said earlier, your beginning to make a prat of yourself.

Or a consultation with a neurologist for a possible brain tumour affecting the optical nerves.

Says the man with a 10 year old girl as his sig. :whistling:

Just watched it looked deliberate to me. If someone had done that to a Hearts player we would all be shouting for a straight red. Moment of madness from Thomson but not sure it cost us the game. Our shocking defending especially for last two goals cost us the game.

Not the clearest view on the camera IMO.

Fairly clear that Thomson does drag his studs down something though, and looks like he knew what he was doing also. His claim of trying to plant his foot and "it slipped" is pretty much shown to be false by that video.

At the same time, Falkirk player does look to have a kick out afterwards, so he's lucky to get away with it.

Bottom line for me is Thomson gave the referee/linesman/4th official a decision to make. If Thomson doesn't react like that, he doesn't get sent off.

He lost it for a second, and HMFC paid the price.

So basically what you are saying is that both players actions merited red cards, yet only the Hearts player receives one and the Falkirk player receives a yellow.

But as you are quick to point out on another thread, there is not a case for believing that Hearts players are more harshly treated than those of other clubs.

he scrapes his stud right down the guys leg. he didn`t slip. he couldn`t have expected to connect with the ground when his foot was 7 inches in the air at the time. blatant red card and about 5 feet away from the fourth official.

appalling stuff from young thomson, no grey areas for me.

Not as clear cut as I was expecting it to be having read through most of this thread, but it certainly looks a red from those highlights.

Looked a cracking game though! And well done Jambos for a great turnuot, even if some of you might have been lured there under false pretences. :thumbsup:

Guest JamboRobbo

So basically what you are saying is that both players actions merited red cards

Nope, what I'm saying is both players did something which gave the ref a decision to make.

, yet only the Hearts player receives one and the Falkirk player receives a yellow.

Thats the referees or linesman or 4th officials call.

It could've been a yellow each. It could've been a red each. It could've been nothing.

The point is, if you give the ref a chance to give you a card (and CT did that by scraping studs down opponent) then it's pointless greeting about being hard done by afterwards.

He lost it for a second. He got punished. He only has himself to blame.

But as you are quick to point out on another thread, there is not a case for believing that Hearts players are more harshly treated than those of other clubs.

There are decisions made in every game that fans will argue over. It's a contentious game.

The only way to be sure to avoid punishment is not to do anything that could get you punished if caught. CT did, he got caught, and he has no complaints.

Falkirk guy perhaps got lucky. On another day he might've got a red also. That is Pressleys worry though, not ours.

oh ah grantona

dead cert red ct must have book thrown at him by jj its not 3points that can be made back up we are out a cup (even if he stayed on there is no guarentee we would have won plus other contributed to our down fall)

As for the penalty claim the pictures make it hard for me to see depends on where the guys arm is but all hearts players and fans indicate it was clear cut from there positions

Archived