Matty Park

Getintaethem

Anyone got any info about this lad.

I know he had a major opperation on his knee at the tail end of last year. 10 months on can anyone tell me if he is fully fit now?

Seems to me that at 22 years of age he should be pushing for a first team place and with our problems at left back I'm wondering why he hasn't been given a chance.

Is he still injured, or is he just not concidered good enough?

With no reserve league we seem to have a few players around this age who really should be good enough for the first team or why are we paying them?

If Jefferies is not going to select him we should move him on. When the only fit senior (ie, over 21) left back does not get selected as we would rather play two midfielders there, he is of no use to the squad.

If Jefferies is not going to select him we should move him on. When the only fit senior (ie, over 21) left back does not get selected as we would rather play two midfielders there, he is of no use to the squad.

The player is reluctant to move on as he seems quite happy to collect his wages on his extended contract. :blink:

Think he is contracted till 2012. When they scrapped the reserve league it put more pressure onto players in thier early twenties to break into the first team. We seem to have been left with a number of players in this catagory who are really just picking up a wage. If they're not going to play then we should at least loan them out to cover some of the expense.

Is he in full training then?

Think he is contracted till 2012. When they scrapped the reserve league it put more pressure onto players in thier early twenties to break into the first team. We seem to have been left with a number of players in this catagory who are really just picking up a wage. If they're not going to play then we should at least loan them out to cover some of the expense.

Is he in full training then?

He is fit, apart from his face, which the management team seem to think doesn't fit. :whistling:

The player is reluctant to move on as he seems quite happy to collect his wages on his extended contract. :blink:

Was he one of the players given a 5 year deal?

He was involved in a few of the u19/reserve games pre-season but didnt play alot. I'm not sure if he's match fit but hopefully he is training with the first team and gets his chance soon. From what i've seen he's similar to wallace and gets forward and is fairly solid. Footballfirst or JiG will know more.

He has been training with the first team squad, but has had little match practice since his injury. I would like to see him given a chance but as I said earlier it appears that he is not rated by the current or previous management regimes, otherwise he would have featured before now.

He has been training with the first team squad, but has had little match practice since his injury. I would like to see him given a chance but as I said earlier it appears that he is not rated by the current or previous management regimes, otherwise he would have featured before now.

Is it an Aussie thing?

McGowan has been on the fringe for a few seasons, so has Park, Visconte gone etc?

Have those who have seen him play any opinion on whether he is good enough?

I am not really the poster you are aiming for as I have only seen him once. However, my opinion when I saw him was that he might have it. He looked promising and if he could reproduce that relatively regularly, he was worth a go in the first team. That was two years ago though.

'Tis irrelevant though. I'd suggest that Jefferies has shown in the last ten days or so that he doesn't rate him and he won't get his chance. Given that, punt him out on loan or come to an arrangement with the lad to end his contract. No point keeping him.

Was he one of the players given a 5 year deal?

I think he was one of the players (along with J.Stewart, D.Thomson etc) who got a 3 year deal in 2009.

I think he was one of the players (along with J.Stewart, D.Thomson etc) who got a 3 year deal in 2009.

No. He is a couple of years older than Jonny Stewart and he got his 5 year deal back in 2007.

No. He is a couple of years older than Jonny Stewart and he got his 5 year deal back in 2007.

Oh right. I'm certain you'll know better than me. I just thought I remembered reading that at the time for some reason.

Park signed a new deal in May 2009.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with the development of young players over the last few years...I get cheesed off with successive Hearts managers playing first teamers out of position rather than giving young players a chance. I reckon you have to just go "sink-or-swim" with young players and when regulars are injured I think most of us would be supportive of a young guy covering. Seeing Zaliukas in Midfield, Obua play striker or Palazuelos trying to be a LB is a ploy that can work as a one-off but it just never works long-term...

Thanks for the info FF, maybe the management team feel he needs a few games after his bad knee injury. Playing bounce games isn't really very helpful though, would prefer to see him go out on loan if we're not going to use him.

Any idea when the decision was made to scrap the reserve league? Seems like we were caught out with this after giving players long term contracts.

On a side note, your HYDC website makes my computer crash. Don't know if anybody else has this problem but thought I would make you aware of it.

On a side note, your HYDC website makes my computer crash. Don't know if anybody else has this problem but thought I would make you aware of it.

I haven't had any feedback about crashes, but if you can give me some info on what you are doing, what page you are accessing, or when it occurs, I'll have a look. Probably best to PM me.

The website does use a bit of Flash and Java so it may be that sort of thing that is causing a problem. i.e. you may need to reinstall some of these components if the problem is specific to yourself.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with the development of young players over the last few years...I get cheesed off with successive Hearts managers playing first teamers out of position rather than giving young players a chance. I reckon you have to just go "sink-or-swim" with young players and when regulars are injured I think most of us would be supportive of a young guy covering. Seeing Zaliukas in Midfield, Obua play striker or Palazuelos trying to be a LB is a ploy that can work as a one-off but it just never works long-term...

The manager can use the "sink or swim" idea if results are irrelevant but he has to win games, put the best players on the park.

• 3 weeks later...
Hannibal Lecter

I bow to your superior inside information

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_1661406

Just goes to show how things can change in a season. I see from the link that Ryan Wallace was given a new 3 year deal last summer but was given a free at the end of last season, with 2 years still remaining on his contract.

I don't think he is that good. Better off playing senior players out of position.

Must be another 5 year contract lad. :ninja:

Just goes to show how things can change in a season. I see from the link that Ryan Wallace was given a new 3 year deal last summer but was given a free at the end of last season, with 2 years still remaining on his contract.

Felt sorry for Ryan, he looked a good wee propest. The boy has being thru the wars recently but things seem to work it out for him.

http://www.acadvertiser.co.uk/coatbridge-airdrie-sport/lanarkshire-football/airdrie-utd-fc/2010/09/29/airdrie-united-striker-ryan-wallace-eyes-starting-slot-65864-27359378/

linkin- hearts

The manager can use the "sink or swim" idea if results are irrelevant but he has to win games, put the best players on the park.

Very true, unfortunately we're in a results business:angry:

Watched him a few matches a couple of years ago down at Riccarton and he looked a real prospect at that time.

Can't really understand why he's not been given a chance in the current position we are in at left back. We'll never know if he is good enough unless he gets the chance. Craig Levein took a similar chance with Paul McMullan and that worked out short term. I just wonder if there is a "money aspect" to this with Park's contract. Perhaps he is due money when he makes his competitive first team appearance - that would maybe answer the question as to why he's not been picked.

Napoleon  Wilson

This :thumbsup: . It must be incredibly frustrating for the younger players when they see this happening. I have never seen Park play but if JJ would rather play Ruben at LB than give him a shot then it does not bode well for him (assuming he is fit). If Rudi isnt going to be played at LB or Ruben is injured, why not give him a chance

GoldenChed.png

Archived