Performance this season

adam1998

Looking at the stats- 7 games

Positive- 16 goals scored- :thumbsup:

Negative- 10 against :angry:

Not bad when we have so many to still get their fitness levels up and a couple who have yet to make their mark.

Liking JJ's tactics so far and doing ok when you think

Offensively we still have Driver, S Elliott and now Skacel to get a chance.

Defensively we are missing Wallace and Zal

There are probably a lot more players I haven't included that deserve a chance mainly youngsters but looking good :woot:

Looking at the stats- 7 games

Positive- 16 goals scored- :thumbsup:

Negative- 10 against :angry:

Not bad when we have so many to still get their fitness levels up and a couple who have yet to make their mark.

Liking JJ's tactics so far and doing ok when you think

Offensively we still have Driver, S Elliott and now Skacel to get a chance.

Defensively we are missing Wallace and Zal

There are probably a lot more players I haven't included that deserve a chance mainly youngsters but looking good :woot:

Adam, you should be banned for making positive and realistic posts.

Being a little more serious, what you say is right but really we should be beating teams like Falkirk with the side we put out last night.

One point worth mentioning is that with only one recognised LB we were always going to be exposed to a Wallace injury, especially with a possible replacement injured (Matty Park) but yet we allowed Brown and Deland to go out on loan. We still seem to be reluctant to give young players a chance and the result is that we fart about with a MF at LB (Pala), a CH (sometimes) at FB (Barr) and a FB sometimes in MF(C.Thomson) - not to mention Eggy playing anywhere.

Players like Brown, McGowan and Park are not young in footballing terms and if they can't be trusted now, why hang on to them. They may find it hard at first but so did experienced players like Barr now, Hartley and Pressley who were no great shakes when they first came into the team. The last thing I am suggesting is to introduce too many youngsters at the same time, more a drip feed approach.

Craig Herbertson

Second top SPL scorer is a Hearts player. I know its early but I can't remember the last time that was the case. As a Hearts fan you live with negative weekends, catastrophes and failures. Just got to keep going. Our day will come.

Good post Adam. Im sure an extended cup run would have been good but thats wat the cup is all about. We are scoring goals and so far Elliot has been a transformation. Would like to see a youngster coming into the center back roll just as jj did when he partnered a young Ritchie with Bruno. Might be a bit of a risk but could we do any worse?

Archived