Learn and move on

Johanes de Silentio

jambogirlglasgow

We need to work on:

1: our defending;

2: our discipline.

Anything else?

3. Our expectations. Because we are crap.

Tynecastle Valhalla

getting to the ball first

marking

clearing the ball

communication

positional sense

Coming back from 2-0 against anybody is a good achievement. Doing it with 10 men si even better. Doing it and then going on to take a lead is even better.

We also came back against ICT at the weekend to win comfortbaly. Some good signs from the season ahead and I'm geniunely not fussed that we lost.

rudi must stay

5. Not to look too much into things. It mattered more to Falkirk because it's a result that appeases their fans, and we've still had a good start to the season :)

Johanes de Silentio

getting to the ball first

marking

clearing the ball

communication

positional sense

A lot of what you posted could come under 'defending'.

Coming back from 2-0 against anybody is a good achievement. Doing it with 10 men si even better. Doing it and then going on to take a lead is even better.

We also came back against ICT at the weekend to win comfortbaly. Some good signs from the season ahead and I'm geniunely not fussed that we lost.

It's good to see that we're scoring goals but to lose the game like we did is sickening IMO, even with 10 men.

Of course let's look on the positives that we came from behind but we need to sort out the defence, and fast.

We need to stop treating this cup as if it's worthless IMO. Silverware is silverware at the end of the day and we don't win enough of it to just write this cup off every year.

Just thought I'd add that the day I'm not fussed by a Hearts defeat is the day I stop supporting them. If it's a competitive match I want us to win and am always gutted to lose, regardless of who we are playing.

i agree. sounded like a really good game, and our performance in the second have sounded gid! also well played to suso. still gutted we got beat and we could have easily won it in the end, but im proud to be a jambo tonight :D

Johanes de Silentio

Yup.

Good that we are scoring goals.

Hard to keep goals out then we're a man short.

5. Not to look too much into things. It mattered more to Falkirk because it's a result that appeases their fans, and we've still had a good start to the season :)

Aye, going out of one of the two trophies we have a realistic chance of winning. No biggie. If it mattered more to Falkirk's players, I doubt it did btw, we may as well give it up.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got a feeling Kyle will have some of those defenders, Barr and CT especially, by the throat and giving them a proper shake.

That's what we need.

Encouraging fight back though. This group of players certainly have a bit of spirit about them.

Cardiac Rucksack

Just in.

Jonsson and Stevenson is not the answer. Much more solid with Adrian in there second half. Why JJ changed from the way we finished on Saturday is any ones guess.

I hate Falkirk a little more this evening what a horrible horrible little scummy bunch of scummers.

"Not fussed"?! Christ on a bendy bus, are folk on here for real?

Really is hard to believe sometimes :blink:

rudi must stay

Aye, going out of one of the two trophies we have a realistic chance of winning. No biggie. If it mattered more to Falkirk's players, I doubt it did btw, we may as well give it up.

it's not that the players didn't care, course they did. But Falkirk had extra motivation. As for the trophy, we haven't won it in decades which really says it all

Crazy.

Folk can write it off as the diddy cup all they like but this hurts alot, especially the manner in which it happened.

Echoes of the semi against Motherwell in 05 at ER, I was fecking gutted after that one. Great comeback comes to no avail. Urgh.

We_are_the_Hearts

Just in.

Jonsson and Stevenson is not the answer. Much more solid with Adrian in there second half. Why JJ changed from the way we finished on Saturday is any ones guess.

I hate Falkirk a little more this evening what a horrible horrible little scummy bunch of scummers.

A blind man could see that on Saturday. Has to be Mrowiec and Rudi once Rudi is fit..

it's not that the players didn't care, course they did. But Falkirk had extra motivation. As for the trophy, we haven't won it in decades which really says it all

What extra motivation do you possibly need in ANY cup competition?

49 years since we last won it. We, as fans, need to start taking this cup seriously. We do not win enough silverware to pick and choose what one's we want to win.

Cardiac Rucksack

Stevo was good second half. Rudi can play fromt he left hand side. Temps showed tonight he has a wee way to go.

CIS = Diddy cup. If Hibs are able to win it in living memory how can it be worth winning?

CIS = Diddy cup. If Hibs are able to win it in living memory how can it be worth winning?

Because we've not won it in 48 ******* years. Is that not incentive enough. If Hibs can win it twice in my lifetime I'd like to think that we can win it too. Sure the Scottish Cup has more prestige to it but I'd take a League Cup win any day of the week.

Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves on.

Our house is in uproar - everyone unhappy! we must have a new generation of fans that do Hearts Lite.

I can still remember when we celebrated winning the East of Scotland Cup!!!

To dismiss one of the only 2 realistic chances of winning a trophy is quite frankly foreign to me...............

It's good to see that we're scoring goals but to lose the game like we did is sickening IMO, even with 10 men.

Of course let's look on the positives that we came from behind but we need to sort out the defence, and fast.

We need to stop treating this cup as if it's worthless IMO. Silverware is silverware at the end of the day and we don't win enough of it to just write this cup off every year.

Just thought I'd add that the day I'm not fussed by a Hearts defeat is the day I stop supporting them. If it's a competitive match I want us to win and am always gutted to lose, regardless of who we are playing.

Post of the night mate.

Diddy cup my arse. This is one of only 2 chances Hearts have of winning silverware any season. Nae trophy's for finishin 3rd. I'm beelin! :(

Because we've not won it in 48 ******* years. Is that not incentive enough. If Hibs can win it twice in my lifetime I'd like to think that we can win it too. Sure the Scottish Cup has more prestige to it but I'd take a League Cup win any day of the week.

Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves on.

In a nutshell.

Realistically we have a chance of winning two trophies.

The Scottish cup and the league cup.

To write off 50% of our silverware chances is utterly ludicrous.

We've won two trophies in about 50 years so where the arrogance comes from regarding the league cup is a mystery to me.

If you're happy enough to get papped out the third biggest prize we can aim for, and one of only two we can realistically win, you're a LOSER.

Hibs won it so that means we don't want it? Away and boil your heid, you're talking out your hole. And so is anyone who's trying to give it the big baws "never wanted to win it anyway"/"diddy cup" patter.

Our house is in uproar - everyone unhappy! we must have a new generation of fans that do Hearts Lite.

I can still remember when we celebrated winning the East of Scotland Cup!!!

To dismiss one of the only 2 realistic chances of winning a trophy is quite frankly foreign to me...............

It's either the Johnny Big Baws act to try and cover up that this is a sore yin, or it's internet Hearts fans who don't care all that much anyway.

I bet there wasn't a single Hearts fan at the Falkirk Stadium at full time sincerely going "I'm not fussed about that, lads".

And to top it off, it was to the snake. :yucky:

If you're happy enough to get papped out the third biggest prize we can aim for, and one of only two we can realistically win, you're a LOSER.

Hibs won it so that means we don't want it? Away and boil your heid, you're talking out your hole. And so is anyone who's trying to give it the big baws "never wanted to win it anyway"/"diddy cup" patter.

no need for abuse, Im far from happy but i'm consoling myself in the knowledge that its a diddy cup.

no need for abuse, Im far from happy but i'm consoling myself in the knowledge that its a diddy cup.

No you are kidding yourself, not consoling.................

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

European place > MMC

Footballing reality these days.

Two matches in a qualifier for Europe or a weekend on the lash celebrating a cup win.

No brainer.

It doesn't have to be a choice anyway. How many games would you have to play to win the league cup? 5.

OH FFS away to yer bed mate. Your embarrassing yourself. :verymad:

I didn't mean this kind of loser:

loser.jpg

I meant a loser as in, you have a loser's mentality. Which anyone who's quite comfortable, or "not fussed" about getting knocked out of a trophy we should be trying to win undoubtedly does.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't think anyone is saying they don't want to win it. The point is that European qualification is more valuable in the grand scheme of things.

What is also apparent is that if we don't sort our defence then we won't qualify for Europe either.

I don't think anyone is saying they don't want to win it. The point is that European qualification is more valuable in the grand scheme of things.

In what terms? Financial, I presume. Because it's certainly not more valuable to me as a supporter.

I want to win things.

And in any case, as Alan has said, why is it a choice? I want to win a trophy and qualify for Europe. We've done it before in my lifetime.

PS. Folk are saying they're not fussed if we win it or not, which is one step away from saying they don't want to win it at all. It's a bizarre attitude.

The fact is, that's two games in a row the team have had to take a bollocking from Jefferies at half time to get them playing.

This shouldn't happen.

Archived