Fancy a laugh

Robbo27_22

I'm struggling to follow his logic, but I guess that's a good sign.

:turned:

The big semi must have been his idea of heaven. You know - big game, no fans!!!!

Surely a full stand would lend more to creating a good atmosphere at the game?????

I'm so glad I'm from Edinburgh.

The Old Tolbooth

The penny is finally dropping with those zoomers, I said before they knocked down the old Beast Stand that they're taking away the only part of the ground that had any kind of noise that resembled some sort of atmosphere, and that they would never fill their new super duper 20k stadium, and that it would be around half full for most games.

I'm loving Mikey's retarded reasoning though :lol:

ok they have their excuse for this season - the stand

What is their excuse for their previous 135 years of utter shiteness?

When you read the comments further down from the opening post, people are questioning if they need to buy a season ticket next season.

As one said, with so many open spaces you can just walk up with 6 mates and get seats anywhere.

I now dont want a new stand built at Tynie. :whistling:

ok they have their excuse for this season - the stand

What is their excuse for their previous 135 years of utter shiteness?

Its painfully obvious, they didnae have the stand. :lol:

jamboinglasgow

Well apparently Hibs dont need the fans, the tasche has often said that the reason for the new stand is those amazing money-spinning events called league cup semi-finals and U21 internationals, just like the ones that...er...Hibs have had with even the old main stand up (including a full international.)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
there are 5 extra season ticket holders this year due to the new east stand

Wow - that must have knackered their ticketing system.

laugh.gif

"It just has to provide more seats"

I mean WTF is that all about.

What's more hilarious is that barely anyone disagrees with him :rofl:

laugh.gif

"It just has to provide more seats"

I mean WTF is that all about.

What's more hilarious is that barely anyone disagrees with him :rofl:

It's simple really - if you disagree with him you're out. I'm not sure if he's the main admin or mod or whatever they call themselves but he seems to be the one who sets the agendas over there and the chief " Yam launcher ".

The image which comes to mind of him is the Johhny Vegas character from Benidorm - fat inadequate know-all who still lives with his mum and introduces her as his PA.

He also has major issues with HMFC probably due to a chidhood of merciless taunting and abuse at the hands of Jambos which has left irreparable mental damage which can only be eased by typing deluded rubbish on a website full of like-minded slavering cretins.

linkin- hearts

Well as i've said all along, ya get what ya pay for. They got a bright, shiny new stand, we preferred to put our money to good use, buying players. I know which one i'm happiest with:)

Hilarious that they now all miss the East stand so much. After all the crowing before the season started you'd imagine they'd all be delighted.

Roasters - the lot of 'em.

KennyRogersRoastersMounted.jpg

Guest GhostHunter
Why are people so obsessed with "filling" the stand?

It doesn't need to be filled' date=' it just has to provide more seats and a better match day experience. It does both of those things.

The new stand aint the problem! [/quote']

My heads hurts trying to understand that logic.

More fans = more money = new players.

But then again, it's Mikey, common sense left him in the womb.

jamboinglasgow

I said when they are putting their new stand up that Easter Road will just be like Rugby Park, many seats but not many filled. I think Hibs fans were hoping that once it was built, extra fans would magically appear but it doesn't quite work like that. I would imagine that a Hibs fan would have a go at us for our plans to increase our capacity to 23,000 when we dont even sell out our own stadium. Well it is interesting, at the moment Hearts get average crowds of 14,000 or 82% of our overall capacity, only Rangers can manage that at the moment (currently Celtic Park only gets two thirds of its capacity.) If we were to expand the stadium to 23,000 but only got the current 14,000 then even then we will have filled Tynecastle 60% full compared to Easter Road which is currently 55%.

So why build our new stand? Well we need the new facilities, the main stand is a lovely looking and a bit of history but it is seriously lacking in many facilities, including something as basic as toliets (there are just not enough.) Secondly, Hearts have been busy behind the scenes launching initatives to attract younger supporters so in the long term we have a great fan base and from that a greater attendence. So Hearts are aiming for long term action.

Hibs built their new stand, to be fair their main stand was very old and not great, but it was not because they needed to as demanded called for it, they did it because they could, so Rod could put more money into other things rather then the team.

Well as i've said all along, ya get what ya pay for. They got a bright, shiny new stand, we preferred to put our money to good use, buying players. I know which one i'm happiest with:)

It seems like they have been spending money on anything but players for quite a few years now and getting away with it. They have brought in a lot of money.

I can't believe they are charging ?430 a seat to sit in that stand.

oh ah grantona

I said when they are putting their new stand up that Easter Road will just be like Rugby Park, many seats but not many filled. I think Hibs fans were hoping that once it was built, extra fans would magically appear but it doesn't quite work like that. I would imagine that a Hibs fan would have a go at us for our plans to increase our capacity to 23,000 when we dont even sell out our own stadium. Well it is interesting, at the moment Hearts get average crowds of 14,000 or 82% of our overall capacity, only Rangers can manage that at the moment (currently Celtic Park only gets two thirds of its capacity.) If we were to expand the stadium to 23,000 but only got the current 14,000 then even then we will have filled Tynecastle 60% full compared to Easter Road which is currently 55%.

So why build our new stand? Well we need the new facilities, the main stand is a lovely looking and a bit of history but it is seriously lacking in many facilities, including something as basic as toliets (there are just not enough.) Secondly, Hearts have been busy behind the scenes launching initatives to attract younger supporters so in the long term we have a great fan base and from that a greater attendence. So Hearts are aiming for long term action.

Hibs built their new stand, to be fair their main stand was very old and not great, but it was not because they needed to as demanded called for it, they did it because they could, so Rod could put more money into other things rather then the team.

Mind what they replaced was not the main stand they already had that built so there corprate facilitys should be better than ours. They only built because the deadline had crept up for planing permission if they had to go again maybe he was worried about paying for the T word

The People's Chimp

It's simple really - if you disagree with him you're out. I'm not sure if he's the main admin or mod or whatever they call themselves but he seems to be the one who sets the agendas over there and the chief " Yam launcher ".

The image which comes to mind of him is the Johhny Vegas character from Benidorm - fat inadequate know-all who still lives with his mum and introduces her as his PA.

He also has major issues with HMFC probably due to a chidhood of merciless taunting and abuse at the hands of Jambos which has left irreparable mental damage which can only be eased by typing deluded rubbish on a website full of like-minded slavering cretins.

Good to see you back Boabster. On the money re fat mikey, as usual. The man is a slavering idiot, at best.

The People's Chimp

My heads hurts trying to understand that logic.

More fans = more money = new players.

But then again, it's Mikey, common sense left him in the womb.

I see that his ideal of a better match day experience includes a half empty stadium. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the concept of "atmosphere" is one which is alien to most hibs fans, given their idea of atmosphere is singing juvenile and racist chants about hearts players and staying behind to "ruin the party" after being defeated at Tynecastle.

I read through all of those posts, my first experience of Hobo.Net...Seems like they have a lot of confidence in their players/manager for the future! Haha.

Archived