Kevin Kyle and Callum Elliot - Scotland squad.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Before anyone jumps the gun, I am not saying they should be in the Scotland squad anytime soon. However, lets just imagine that they both continue this impressive initial parnership and they both get into double figures this season, could we see a future scotland parnership? Would CL allow such a partnership?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankenstein Jambo.

No.

What an awful thread.

Why?

If their form continues, why not?

You saying players shouldn't be picked on form?

Why?

If their form continues, why not?

You saying players shouldn't be picked on form?

Seriously mate, have a word.

Calum Elliot is not an international class player :laugh:

Frankenstein Jambo.

Seriously mate, have a word.

Calum Elliot is not an international class player :laugh:

So Kirk Broadfoot is then?

Exactly.

If elliot and Kyle show this form all season there should be no reason why they shouldn't be included.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Kevin Kyle was absolutely MURDER for Scotland. I'm not even going to acknowledge the other suggestion.

Kickback certainly is going down the pan.

Patrick Bateman

I'm cringing so much I feel ill. As has, and will, be mentioned; Elliot needs to do more than score a few tap ins against dross to merit an international call up. This thread can't be for real, can it? :ermm:

Frankenstein Jambo.

Kevin Kyle was absolutely MURDER for Scotland. I'm not even going to acknowledge the other suggestion.

Kickback certainly is going down the pan.

So because he was murder before means he will be murder again?

We shouldn't of signed him then eh?

So Kirk Broadfoot is then?

Exactly.

If elliot and Kyle show this form all season there should be no reason why they shouldn't be included.

Kirk Broadfoot is in there because Scotland don't have any decent defenders in his position.

Elliot and Kyle won't be selected ahead of Miller, Goodwillie, Naismith or Maloney.

Simple.

So because he was murder before means he will be murder again?

We shouldn't of signed him then eh?

At international level he is not good enough. Fact.

He's not very good in general but he'll do a job for us in a poor league.

It's not very hard to understand matey.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Kirk Broadfoot is in there because Scotland don't have any decent defenders in his position.

Elliot and Kyle won't be selected ahead of Miller, Goodwillie, Naismith or Maloney.

Simple.

Miller is getting on albiet doing very well ATM.

Naismith has done nothing of late to merit any praise.

Goodwillie I'll give you.

Maloney is a winger.

McFadden looks fecked.

Not heard much about McCormack (sp)

Not saying just now but in future, if they keep up the form then why not?

Before anyone jumps the gun, I am not saying they should be in the Scotland squad anytime soon. However, lets just imagine that they both continue this impressive initial parnership and they both get into double figures this season, could we see a future scotland parnership? Would CL allow such a partnership?

See where you are coming from. Think they are still a long, long, long, long, long, long, LONG way off dislodging the national squads current front line. But in saying that though, Kyle offers Levein the target frontman he very often likes to play.

I don't think we will see either in the dark blue anytime this campaign.

Frankenstein Jambo.

See where you are coming from. Think they are still a long, long, long, long, long, long, LONG way off dislodging the national squads current front line. But in saying that though, Kyle offers Levein the target frontman he very often likes to play.

I don't think we will see either in the dark blue anytime this campaign.

Neither do I.

We all no how much levien loves a target man ALA de vries.

Elliot needs to keep up his form but never say never IMO.

Chad Sexington

TBF to the OP, I can just about see where he's coming from with KK. I do like him and he least he has international experience. He's probably on a par with Iwalumo.

But Clum?? He's had a good start to the season but he is nowhere near good enough to play international football.

MOD EDIT

Kyle would have played for Scotland last season but for injury.

Calum has a lot of under 19 caps,he is never a lone striker,but who knows how things will go with a partner/.

I hear however that a wide player from Hearts will play for Scotland perhaps before either of them

Chad Sexington

Didn't Elliot feature in a fair few successful under-21 performances?

He did.

So did Paul Dalglish and Kevin Harper though. :)

I would love to be proved wrong but I dont think we'll ever see Elliot in a Scotland shirt I'm afraid.

Frankenstein Jambo.

TBF to the OP, I can just about see where he's coming from with KK. I do like him and he least he has international experience. He's probably on a par with Iwalumo.

But Clum?? He's had a good start to the season but he is nowhere near good enough to play international football.

What happens if he keeps banging in the goals?

Chad Sexington

What happens if he keeps banging in the goals?

He'd need to bang in 20+ goals to get anywhere near the Scotland squad, IMO.

I'm reasonably confident that wont happen.

Like I say though, would love to be proved wrong.

How many did Goodwillie score last season? 15+ was it not? And he's still nowhere near the team.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Can I ask the mods to please remove the immature posts which have absoloutly nothing to with the thread.

Thank you.

Guest GhostHunter

Miller is getting on albiet doing very well ATM.

Naismith has done nothing of late to merit any praise.

Goodwillie I'll give you.

Maloney is a winger.

McFadden looks fecked.

Not heard much about McCormack (sp)

Not saying just now but in future, if they keep up the form then why not?

:rofl:

Oh man, ma sides.

Read that post, then read your opening gambit.

I'd say that was thread over.

Obviously the OP's suggestion that Kyle and Elliot could be a future Scotland partnership is ridiculous, but I could see Kyle getting into the squad if we have a few injuries. If Elliot's form continues over an extended period of time (which is unlikely) then he might force his way into a few squads. Guys like David Clarkson have played and scored for Scotland recently after all.

Miller, Boyd, S.Fletcher, McFadden, Iwelumo, O'Connor etc. are all ahead of them right now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Dunno what Scotland squad and what Craig Levein some of you have been watching over the years but... Aye if big Kyle could get there in a hopeless Killie side then why not in a very decent Hearts team and as for Elliot... There is another thread dedicated to how good I think that laddie is!

Dunno what Scotland squad and what Craig Levein some of you have been watching over the years but... Aye if big Kyle could get there in a hopeless Killie side then why not in a very decent Hearts team and as for Elliot... There is another thread dedicated to how good I think that laddie is!

Mothy, he is not talking about just scraping into the squad once in a blue moon, he is talking about it being a 'future scotland partnership' for years to come.

If that ever happens then we might as well shut down scottish football for good. Just wind it up.

kevinmackenzie14

miller is in the scotland due to his league form not tht he is good enough for scotland because 1 goal in about 2 & a half years is not international quality. so elliot keeps scorin then he should be called up :) kevin kyles also a good striker ill admit when i first heard of him joining i wasnt very pleased but i gave him a chance and im glad i did because i think he is a quality striker :D but levien doesnt know how to manage a international team. leaving berra on the bench and playin weir lol.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Scott,

Fair dos, see where you are coming from... Right at this point in time, if I was picking a Scotland team and my two most obvious choices were Kyle and Ellot, then I would not be imagining us picking up any serious wins against the spaniards but... The Czechs or the 'liffs'... Why not? Maybe not as a sreadfast partnership but as very decent contributions to a rather lacking squad -like we have right now- yeah, why not?

They are a long long way off that. If Elliot was to score 20 goals he simply would have to be picked but until he does he's way down the queue. To whoever mentioned riordan the boy doesn't try a leg and his attitude is awful that's why he doesn't get picked imo

That's more due to the fact he is an absolute ****

That's an irrelevance when the Scotland squad is made up of complete and utter bellends anyway.

To be fair i suppose both could be called up in the future,just shows how bad a state our national team is in.If Darren Barr can play i see no reason why both of them cannot.Not going to start looking for their names to be in the squad yet though. :D

Who would have thought at the end of last season that we would have a thread about Elliot being in the Scotland squad.

I think the lad has the potential to be in a "B" squad. Forget about the full squad, its all about the "B" team.

miller is in the scotland due to his league form not tht he is good enough for scotland because 1 goal in about 2 & a half years is not international quality. so elliot keeps scorin then he should be called up :) kevin kyles also a good striker ill admit when i first heard of him joining i wasnt very pleased but i gave him a chance and im glad i did because i think he is a quality striker :Dbut levien doesnt know how to manage a international team. leaving berra on the bench and playin weir lol.

There is a huge difference,Miller creates and scores his goals most of the time where as Elliot he scores goals that are set up for him mostly.

I doubt very much if either of the two of them put together would put in the shift that Miller does for Scotland.

Playing Weir was one of the best things he has done,the defence with Berra in it against Sweden was terrible.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Gig,

Yeah, why not Scotland B, he never had much bother at other International squad levels... I'm not ruling out full international honours though... If he stays fit.

Gig,

Yeah, why not Scotland B, he never had much bother at other International squad levels... I'm not ruling out full international honours though... If he stays fit.

Scotland B is the place to be.

biggrin.gif

Archived