Ads by Google / other internet advertising

JamboInSouthsea

JamboInSouthsea

Any help or information from anybody who hosts a website or runs one would be much appreciated.

Basically, I have been asked to develop a couple of websites by friends who are starting their own businesses. Now, I haven't dabbled for a while and have only really done a couple of static websites before and was using Dreamweaver to do this. I used to work in I.T. and have decided I ought to get back into this field so in order to do a bit of re-training I have said I will do them for nothing as I'm learning as I go (will be teaching myself PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL and perhaps anything else needed).

In order to re-coup some money for effort I have thought of the possibility of selling advertising space on these websites which would be of benefit to both myself and the friend whose business it is.

Has anybody out there ever set up a website selling advertising space, by whoever, and what have your experiences been or any advice you'd give to somebody trying it for the first time?

Thanks in advance.

Guest GhostHunter

Google ad revenue is sporadic and wholly dependent on having a properly SEO'd site - which is okay here as we index thousands of pages every day - short of knocking on door, it probably is one of the easiest to set up though.

PPC sites as that will serve a premium ad to your site as a pop over/pop under - pay better but annoy the hell out of users...

Goin off on a slight tangent, I once remember Reading kn here that the banner ads that appear on JKB are wholly dependant on the repitition of words that people type on here... So how the **** has Esther Rantzen appeared!?!?

JamboInSouthsea

Cheers folks,

Does seem that advertising possibilities are dependent on the type of website.

Have done more research today and about ready to rock.

Mr Sifter..."That's Life" I guess an guessing ads work from thread or post topic.

Archived