Team v Falkirk

JamboPete

I say. start the way we finished against ICT.

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

IMO Rudi will be on the bench for this one!!

Kello

J Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Basically agree mate but I would prefer Jason to Craig for this one.

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

That is our strongest side at the moment and should take care of falkirk 3 - 1

That is our strongest side at the moment and should take care of falkirk 3 - 1

You think these are the players on form just now?

Thomson, Ruben, Jonsson and Stevenson were not very good yesterday.

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Have to agree with you there. I think its important that we give them back 4 some more playing time together in the hope that they will gel together a bit more and we can see a better defensive performance for Motherwell on Saturday.

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Ruben did not finish the game.

Ruben is a horror show waiting to happen at left back if not happening already, matter of time before he's sent off again for late challenges. Thought he was going yesterday when he was late and on a booking. Are there no decent young lads ready to step up into the LB slot?

I thought Craig Thomson performed very well against a Caley player, in Nick Ross, who was very much up for it yesterday. Craig's one mistake was that he gave the ball away in the lead up to their goal. But he did so in their half and we have to expect that, now and again, if we want him to be the attacking full-back that he is. Plus he is far from being the only one at fault for that goal.

Same team that started the second half in Inverness, for me.

You think these are the players on form just now?

Thomson, Ruben, Jonsson and Stevenson were not very good yesterday.

Agree none of the 4 had good games. However I think Craig and eggert should be given more than one game in there preferred positions. Other options for right back are limited and IMO we should give Barr and bouzid a run in central defence ( most successful hearts teams have had a settled central defensive pairing). In midfield our options are again limited. Maybe put mrowiec in midfield and jonsson at left back? A possibility but as I said I would like eggert to have another try in the middle.

Ruben at left back? Either him or eggert so see above.

Stevenson looked much more comfortable in a slightly deeper role and is worth persevering with IMO.

Ruben is a horror show waiting to happen at left back if not happening already, matter of time before he's sent off again for late challenges. Thought he was going yesterday when he was late and on a booking. Are there no decent young lads ready to step up into the LB slot?

Left back is a serious worry for me. We were exposed in that area against Caley yesterday a couple of times. Is it too much to ask for one more signing, just to cover us till Wallace is back?

Left back is a serious worry for me. We were exposed in that area against Caley yesterday a couple of times. Is it too much to ask for one more signing, just to cover us till Wallace is back?

You raise a good point. I am amazed at the signings we have made already and with maybe as little as 8 weeks and 8 league games till lee is back I doubt if we will bring anyone in but, like you, I'd like to see someone brought in.

Jambof3tornado

You raise a good point. I am amazed at the signings we have made already and with maybe as little as 8 weeks and 8 league games till lee is back I doubt if we will bring anyone in but, like you, I'd like to see someone brought in.

8 games is a quarter of a season. I hope Rudi gets played in the LB role. Not his favourite or best position but we need someone that can play there!

8 games is a quarter of a season. I hope Rudi gets played in the LB role. Not his favourite or best position but we need someone that can play there!

I would also like to see how rudi does at left back but I think he may be better as a central attacking midfielder. Hard to make my mind up till I've seen him play.

I would also like to see how rudi does at left back but I think he may be better as a central attacking midfielder. Hard to make my mind up till I've seen him play.

NO THANKS. Rudi has already said to JJ he can't play LB. Burley played him there at Southampton and it didn't work. Rudi played in his proper position as an attacking player please. Get proper LB in.

Jambof3tornado

Rudi played what,nearly 2 seasons at LB! Anyone who thinks Rudi told JJ that he WONT play there if asked is deluded. Who is the best option at the club to play LB until Shooter is fit?

NO THANKS. Rudi has already said to JJ he can't play LB. Burley played him there at Southampton and it didn't work. Rudi played in his proper position as an attacking player please. Get proper LB in.

From what I heard JJ say, Rudi stated that he doesn't like playing left back but is happy to play anywhere. I can't see us getting any other players in until Xmas now. At present I think Eggert looks more solid at LB than Ruben.

Your opinion is fine but let's not start getting inaccurate. Rudi said he didn't like playing left back not that he couldn't.

Ruben prefers midfield. Jonsson prefers midfield so it comes down to who jj decides. Rudi has a one year contract with the chance of a one year extension if he has to play left back for a few weeks for the benefit of the side then so be it.

Rudi played what,nearly 2 seasons at LB! Anyone who thinks Rudi told JJ that he WONT play there if asked is deluded. Who is the best option at the club to play LB until Shooter is fit?

I didnt say Rudi refused to play LB, just that JJ said he asked Rudi outright if he can play there and Rudi said he doesn't like it, it's not his natural position, and JJ took that on board.

Kello

C.Thomson Barr Bouzid Jonsson

Suso Mrowiec Stevenson Templeton

C.Elliot Kyle

Subs; Balogh, McGowan, Palazuelos, Skacel, S.Elliott*

* Glen if he isn't fit.

No he didn't. He says he prefers not to play left-back. He played left-back at most of his clubs, including before we bought him.

I didnt say Rudi refused to play LB, just that JJ said he asked Rudi outright if he can play there and Rudi said he doesn't like it, it's not his natural position, and JJ took that on board.

You said he "can't play left back' I may be nit picking but I think it's important we don't use words like couldn't or wouldn't. Ruben or eggert clearly don't like playing there either so someone is gonna have to play in a position they don't like unless we bring someone else in.

Having said all of that I think I would prefer rudi in a more forward role but as I have said will reserve my judgement till I've sen him play.

Shocking that we only have one LB at the club. Do we not even have a youth player at that position that could make the step up? Anyone know?

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Or

Kello

J Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Jonsson

Suso

Stevenson

Mrowiec

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Shocking that we only have one LB at the club. Do we not even have a youth player at that position that could make the step up? Anyone know?

Yes it is and nobody that jj seems to have mentioned so I would suggest jonsson, ruben and rudi are the choices

I think that's what Jeffereies was trying to say when we signed Rudi that he needed a LB or CH rather than another midfielder and he is probably right.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Assuming Black and Craig Thomson won't make it, then:

Kello

J Thomson Barr Bouzid Jonsson

Suso Stevenson Mrowiec Templeton

Kyle Elliot

Subs: Balogh, McGowan, Skacel, Obua, Glen.

I think that's what Jeffereies was trying to say when we signed Rudi that he needed a LB or CH rather than another midfielder and he is probably right.

TBF our central midfield is dire just now. I think Rudi is just what we need.

We_are_the_Hearts

Kello

Kyle Elliot

This would be my team.

Kello

Kyle Elliot

I'd be reasonably pleased if that was the team.

Kello

C Thomson Bouzid Barr Ruben

Suso Jonsson Stevenson Templeton

Kyle Elliot

These players need more games to get organised and gel better.

Ruben had a shocker but he needs to get used to LB.

Bouzid and Barr need to get more used to one another.

Jonsson and Stevenson need to get used to their roles.

Kyle and Super Cal need to form a partnership.

Rudi, Novikovas and S. Elliott from off the bench would be good.

No doubt get shot down for this one but what about JT for LB? if i remember right he started a game there against Hibs and looked quite good until one of them messed him into an advertising board and he had to go off, won't offer much going forward but his positional sense will be better than any of the other options we have

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd rest Kyle for this one. We desperately need him for the league games.

Hope wee Robinson gets a chance here.

I'd rest Kyle for this one. We desperately need him for the league games.

Hope wee Robinson gets a chance here.

I think jj will see the league cup as one of our best shots at a trophy and for that reason I think we will see our very strongest team available. Remember he risked wallace against Elgin while carrying an injury.

Kyle a certainty to start and will play our very strongest side IMO.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think jj will see the league cup as one of our best shots at a trophy and for that reason I think we will see our very strongest team available. Remember he risked wallace against Elgin while carrying an injury.

Kyle a certainty to start and will play our very strongest side IMO.

Yeah we will play a strong side, that's just my opinion.

I remember being worried Wallace was selected against Elgin and he was out the following game was he not?

I remember being worried Wallace was selected against Elgin and he was out the following game was he not?

Yeah he was and a gamble not worth taking in the first place, but with that in mind, jj is taking nothing for granted in this competition and although I can see the benefits of keeping Kyle fit for a difficult game on Saturday I doubt if jj sees it that way

Did JT not play LB and do a decent job at some point last season? I think he did. If so, I would give him a bash there, afterall he's a natural full back and will be a better option the Ruben. I'd put Eggert at RB with Barr and Bouzid in the Centre. I think Novikovas might start just to keep Temps fresh for the weekend. Suso will probably start on the right and I'd like to see Stevenson and Skacel in the middle with S.Elliot(for fitness) and Big Kev up front.

Balogh

Eggert

Barr

Bouzid

J.Thomson

Novikovas

Stevenson

Skacel

Suso

S.Elliot

Kyle

I think you'll find we did just that last week

Jambof3tornado

Rudi is the most obvious answer to the LB problem. If he can be allowed to roam forward like Lee does then I dont see any issues with regards to wasting his talents back in defence!! Maybe tomorrow night will give us a clue as to what JJ plans to do with him.

Did JT not play LB and do a decent job at some point last season? I think he did. If so, I would give him a bash there, afterall he's a natural full back and will be a better option the Ruben. I'd put Eggert at RB with Barr and Bouzid in the Centre. I think Novikovas might start just to keep Temps fresh for the weekend. Suso will probably start on the right and I'd like to see Stevenson and Skacel in the middle with S.Elliot(for fitness) and Big Kev up front.

Balogh

Eggert

Barr

Bouzid

J.Thomson

Novikovas

Stevenson

Skacel

Suso

S.Elliot

Kyle

Game has come too soon for Skacel and S Elliot according to Jefferies on H W. :down:

Kello

CT Barr Bouzid Pala

Suso Eggy Stevo Temps

Elliot KK

keep changes to a minimum, try to get some undestanding AND reward the guys who are getting results with a place in the team. We get PLENTY of injuries which will give non regulars a chance, let's try to get some consistency of selection and maybe we'll see a REAL consistancy of performance?!

tartofmidlothian

Kello

C.Thomson* - Barr - Bouzid - Palazuelos

Suso - Jonsson - Stevenson - Templeton

Kyle - C.Elliot

*J.Thomson if Craig's unfit.

Subs depending on how we're doing. Only first-teamers (Glen, Obua, etc) if the game's tight at the end. If we're a couple of goals up with 10 minutes to go get Robinson or McGowan on for Stevo, Park on for Pala (if fit: he plays LB right?) and give Rudi a few minutes in place of Temps.

Difference there is that Wallace was injured and we risked him. I don't think Kyle is injured, I think he NEEDS games.

I'd pick a pretty samey team, with youngsters/fringe players on the bench if we put the game to bed.....

Kello

C.Thomson, Barr, Bouzid, Park

Suso, Jonsson, Stevenson, Templeton

Elliot, Kyle

Subs: Balogh, D.McGowan, R. McGowan, Skacel, Glen

We definitely need to gain some stability at the back and the Barr/Bouzid partnership needs time. Thomson needs to prove he can defend and if Park is not considered for selection when he is the only available left back, then we should look to release him.

Midfield, I don't think the central two played particularly well on Saturday but would look to give them more time together to see if they can be a partnership. Jonsson suffers from playing everywhere and Stevenson has not really had all that long playing as a central midfielder this year. The wings and front line don't really need explanation.

Guest jambomickey

Kello

C Thomson

Barr

Bouzid

Palazuelos

Suso

Jonsson

Stevenson

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

that's team i'd go with also.

We_are_the_Hearts

Looks like 9 of the 11 positions pick themselves. Only decision JJ has to make is who plays Left back and who anchors the midfield.

Johanes de Silentio

Looks like 9 of the 11 positions pick themselves. Only decision JJ has to make is who plays Left back and who anchors the midfield.

If that's the case, that's pretty much what we're after - I long for the time when we have a team full of players who are in undroppable form! :thumbsup:

Long way to go, mind!

Archived