Pressley

BigAlim

He was when he was here and that should have stood him in good stead for a return at some stage in the future in some other capacity. However, I think he's taken a flamethrower to that particular bridge.

Agreed.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But not really surprising - delusion of almost Hoboesque proportions there IMO.

Whilst I'm not on the easily offended bus ( ding, ding ) regarding this one, and don't need an apology for anything, it is a bit strange that Pressley has never taken the opportunity to at least set the record straight, given the controversy amongst Hearts fans over his actions at that match.

Now that pressley is universally disliked for his ego in Scottish football by managers, pundits and players, I think we can say that he has issues with his ego.

this is a good point and perhaps one we ought to shoulder some of the responsibility for. we were the fans who were chanting his name, making flags and proclaiming him "mr hearts" and such.

its fair to say he's burned his bridges, but personally i prefer to remember him as a club captain who lifted a scottish cup than anything else.

i was furious at the game he kissed the badge, blanked all hearts players bar hartley and then make his way to the sellick support and pumped his fists, but i got over it as quickly as i was angered.

this is a good point and perhaps one we ought to shoulder some of the responsibility for. we were the fans who were chanting his name, making flags and proclaiming him "mr hearts" and such.

its fair to say he's burned his bridges, but personally i prefer to remember him as a club captain who lifted a scottish cup than anything else.

i was furious at the game he kissed the badge, blanked all hearts players bar hartley and then make his way to the sellick support and pumped his fists, but i got over it as quickly as i was angered.

He cultivated it and lapped it up for an 8 year period but your right that we shouldnt of been so naive.

Its a shame that in modern day football were not allowed to have hero's anymore as its more than likely they wiill shit all over us. Sad times.

The boy is a tool and he is correct in one thing - he is a pantomime villain - come Tuesday night, let the games begin.:thumbsup:

I wonder if he regrets thumping his chest? Surely he must. Hearts were the only club where he was considered a legend. Bear in mind 99.9% of all players will never be considered a legend in their careers.

To go and ruin it over that, mental.

The man's a weasel.

As well as completely ignoring the reason he is seen as a turncoat and snake by proper, right minded Hearts fans, he brings Paul Hartley into it to point score, which he had no right to do.

I wish Hartley had signed Romanov's confession, just to get it right up the creep.

The man's a weasel.

As well as completely ignoring the reason he is seen as a turncoat and snake by proper, right minded Hearts fans, he brings Paul Hartley into it to point score, which he had no right to do.

I wish Hartley had signed Romanov's confession, just to get it right up the creep.

But he didn't.

They both obviously felt what they did was right.

Pressley was a great player for Hearts. Some people dislike him for his actions after he left us, some people like him because they feel his achievements as a Hearts player over-shadow what he did after. Have we not been through all this?

But he didn't.

They both obviously felt what they did was right.

Come on DH - you must have picked up on the tongue in cheek nature of that comment?

Aside from that, Phressley - and the rest of us - don't really know why Hartley refused to sign that document. It could be because he stands by what he did and feels strongly about it, or it could just as easily be that he refused to sell out his old friends and colleagues. The snake has been presumptuous to assume it was because he felt deeply about the hijacked press conference.

Regardless, it is pointless even bringing up Riccarton, because it has nothing whatsoever to do with why anyone thinks Phressley is a tolley of a 'man'. Only Phressley himself thinks it any way relevant.

Its what he fails to mention or acknowledge, Stanley.

Anyway, after the chest thumping, letting us know that Celtic was his most favouritist team in the wurld, then it is only natural people will start to ask questions such as "Had Pressley been in contact with Strachan?"

If you watch the Riccarton 3 press conference, it is clear Gordon couldnt be arsed and I dont think hartely was fussed either.

He made himself out to be 'Mr Hearts" at the press conference. Mr Hearts wouldnt behave in such a way consequently so it was clearly an ego thing rather than doing it for the club.

Now that pressley is universally disliked for his ego in Scottish football by managers, pundits and players, I think we can say that he has issues with his ego.

Anyway, Pressley is trying to create an argument in the paradigm of Riccarton 3, dont let him do that.

Concentrate on his actions since he left this great club. and sock it to the slithering snake on tuesday night.

Craig Gordon did not want to go to the media. He was talked into by Pressley and Hartley. This is Fact.

Can't argue with anything that he says in the article. But he is missing the point slightly. We don't hate him because of the Riccarton Three controversy. We hate him because after his release, which we were against, he signed for one of our most hated rivals and proceeded to shove it right back down the throats of the fans that had loved him for nine years.

****!

Come on DH - you must have picked up on the tongue in cheek nature of that comment?

Aside from that, Phressley - and the rest of us - don't really know why Hartley refused to sign that document. It could be because he stands by what he did and feels strongly about it, or it could just as easily be that he refused to sell out his old friends and colleagues. The snake has been presumptuous to assume it was because he felt deeply about the hijacked press conference.

Regardless, it is pointless even bringing up Riccarton, because it has nothing whatsoever to do with why anyone thinks Phressley is a tolley of a 'man'. Only Phressley himself thinks it any way relevant.

"Paul phoned me several weeks ago after he made the decision to join Aberdeen.

"At the time of that press conference we all believed that what we were doing was right. I have never regretted it.

"I did what I felt was in the best interests of the team and stand by that.

"By his actions this summer, Paul has also proved how deeply he felt about the situation. That was an important message to send out."

As for him bringing it up - I think he was probably asked the question and the report is merely his answer.

I spoke to Pressley when the Hearts were in Vancouver, he was an extremely pleasant person to speak to, and left me with a lot of admiration for him, and gave me someone to watch in particular when he played for Scotland and the games were available here. Old and all as I am there was a certain juvenile pride in being able to say, see that guy, I know him.

It was with equal pride that I saw him lift the Cup for Hearts. I have seen or read about other captains doing this and at that time he was not out of place amongst them.

We then get to the Riccarton three. His motivation may have been sincere, but what he did was wrong. It is a common statement here that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, sort of a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. It may have been more appropriate to take some individual action within the confines of the club, request for transfer, resignation from captaincy or some such individual action. Any of these would have hit the media, and attracted the attention he seemed to desire. As for Hartley and Gordon whether they wanted to be or not, they were there and in doing so showed their support. In some ways Hartley in his recent action not to commit to any further discussion of the incident leads me to believe he was and still is in agreement with the action.

As far as the badge kissing, terribly wrong, as far as not explaining his reasons, and either admitting it was directed at the fans, or only at the Hearts ownership and officials again terribly wrong.

In my own case if I met Pressley for some reason I would talk to him in the same way as I did before, given the opportunity I would ask him for more detail on the whole situation. During my lifetime I have had numerous occasions when people I liked, admired or trusted have let me down. In some cases we have resolved the problem, in some not much changed and in others things just got worse. Life is what you make it.

As for him bringing it up - I think he was probably asked the question and the report is merely his answer.

Of course Hartley will have told Phressley that. He doesn't know for certain if he was saying that because it was true or because it's the polite, decent thing to say, though. You're forgetting that Sir Paul has more integrity in his old CR Smith bumblebee Celtic top than the snake has.

On the other point - I don't think the snake has any right to be telling the media anything that Paul Hartley has told him in private. Sums up the brass necked arrogance of the 'man'.

Of course Hartley will have told Phressley that. He doesn't know for certain if he was saying that because it was true or because it's the polite, decent thing to say, though. You're forgetting that Sir Paul has more integrity in his old CR Smith bumblebee Celtic top than the snake has.

On the other point - I don't think the snake has any right to be telling the media anything that Paul Hartley has told him in private. Sums up the brass necked arrogance of the 'man'.

You think Hartley may not have been honest with SP about why he didn't sign ?

As for the second part.....

I agree.

That wasn't his place to say that even though the world knows it was the case.

give it a rest guys ,are we gonna have another thread like this everytime he`s in the news?

some of us wrong minded fans still have a respect for what he did with us and dont care what he did at another club. then there`s the right minded fans who demand an ex player always does right by them.

2 sets of thoughts and fact is no matter which kind of fan you are,shouldnt you care more about the current crop of players?

You think Hartley may not have been honest with SP about why he didn't sign ?

As for the second part.....

I agree.

That wasn't his place to say that even though the world knows it was the case.

I don't know, I'm accepting it as a possibility though. Imagine he did regret the Riccarton thing a bit, but is too much of a decent sort to renounce it and sell out Gordon and Phressley. He's not going to say to Phressley, "I actually agree with Mr Romanov, but I didn't sign the thing out of loyalty to you and Craig Gordon". He also could have said anything and Phressley has made assumptions about the motivations. For instance, if Hartley had said "It was a disgrace, and I refused to sign it". It was a disgrace, and he was right not to sign it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is still pleased with his decision to take part.

Basically, moral of the story is, never believe words spoken by forked green and grey hooped tongue...;)

I don't know, I'm accepting it as a possibility though. Imagine he did regret the Riccarton thing a bit, but is too much of a decent sort to renounce it and sell out Gordon and Phressley. He's not going to say to Phressley, "I actually agree with Mr Romanov, but I didn't sign the thing out of loyalty to you and Craig Gordon". He also could have said anything and Phressley has made assumptions about the motivations. For instance, if Hartley had said "It was a disgrace, and I refused to sign it". It was a disgrace, and he was right not to sign it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is still pleased with his decision to take part.

Basically, moral of the story is, never believe words spoken by forked green and grey hooped tongue...;)

His version is more likely to be the truth.

Unlike the above figment of your imagination.

His version is more likely to be the truth.

Unlike the above figment of your imagination.

:laugh:

I hardly claimed it as anything other than speculation and chit chat.

Bottom line - Phressley is a roaster and a slavering, slithering snake, and I'll keep my mind open rather than believe a word that comes out his treacherous mouth. :)

PS. I note that you have similar feelings given you added that "more likely" comment. Keep fighting the good fight DH. :thumbsup:

Steven it was the Celtic badge thumping that turned us against you.

You were welcomed back but sh@t on us all with your reaction.

Went from a legend to a leg end. :verymad:

Everything that has already been posted sums up what I was going to say about that article.

I'd just like to add that Pressley is a chest thumping ######.

Can't wait for us to do him over on Tuesday night thumbsup.gif

I'm not surprised that the creepy weasel has taken this opportunity to stick the boot in.

He is an utter snake.

SP is a Hearts great as a player and captain. I agree what he did in a celtic strip leaves a bad taste, however it should not overshadow what he did as a player and as a captain at a time when the club was in turmoil.

In saying that, I hope he gets pumped on Tuesday.

Nail on head sir have some reputation :thumbsup:

Stemming from having met the individual a walking abortion if ever there was one. With regard to his chest-thumping antics......

When i look back at 05/06, and see the photos of our cup success, it makes me sick that he is lifting the Scottish Cup.

The man is a complete and utter snake.

I wonder what the broader group of Hearts fans beyond KB think about Pressley. He did get a great reception at Neilson's testimonial and that might be a sign of what they think.

Personally I think that he was a very good player for Hearts, full of determination and effort. It was testament to his drive as a player that he raised himself up after a couple of poorer seasons to be an excellent player in 2005-6. I suspect that he got far too involved in the dressing room politics thereafter but that was also a function of how badly the team was being run at the time. It was a shame his Hearts career ended in the way it did.

His playing career after Hearts is immaterial to me really. The 'chest thumping' - something I always chuckle at when I see grown adults writing how upset they were about it - is similarly immaterial to me.

I suspect that he isn't going to make it as a manager. Was never convinced about his tactical abilities on the field.

Decent player.

Cracking captain.

Legend for lifting the Scottish Cup.

And a top man to boot.

Romanov will have him back at Tynie before he is done and this board will be fecking eating itself alive. Can't wait.

Decent player.

Cracking captain.

And a top man to boot.

Romanov will have him back at Tynie before he is done and this board will be fecking eating itself alive. Can't wait.

Pressley is never going to make it as a coach. I've said it already but I think that McCann and Pressley will switch places soon enough. McCann becoming a top manager and Pressley becoming a pish pundit.

You heard it here first thumbsup.gif

Pressley is never going to make it as a coach. I've said it already but I think that McCann and Pressley will switch places soon enough. McCann becoming a top manager and Pressley becoming a pish pundit.

You heard it here first thumbsup.gif

Time will tell but McCann doesn't have nearly the presence for me. Another good guy but not the stature at all. Maybe a decent assistant or the guy who does the day to day work on the training field. The funny thing is for all my dislike of Romanov we are both pro Pressley so thats one thing I will give him credit for !! Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Romanov were to bring him back to the club in some capacity in the future.

A few points re this thread....

Pressley played for himself and not the team, that is why imo he was not a great captain. Great as it is to thump ur chest after scoring an equaliser or winner, but i prefer my catains to thump ther chest before we are chasing game.

As a player he was very average and ucky to have webster beside him to bail him out.

Like another poster has said, i still think there is still some respect between vlad and pressley, i dont think there was the huge fall out the doom mongers hoped for.

Re regret from pressley over his chest thumping actions on his return ti tynie in celtic colours, i was told he was asked about this at a celtic function and repied that his only regret was signing a new contract with hearts and knocking back celtic when they came calling 2005.

Re regret from pressley over his chest thumping actions on his return ti tynie in celtic colours, i was told he was asked about this at a celtic function and repied that his only regret was signing a new contract with hearts and knocking back celtic when they came calling 2005.

This certainly shows him up for all his chat about how good it was to win the cup with us if he'd much rather have signed for the hooped devils the year before.

****** of the highest order.

Decent player.

Cracking captain.

And a top man to boot.

Worst WUM post ever. :down:

When i look back at 05/06, and see the photos of our cup success, it makes me sick that he is lifting the Scottish Cup.

The man is a complete and utter snake.

There ain't half some drama queens on here. Can anyone outdo this? :D

agreed. hat-kickers just can't do 'WUM'. they don't have the gift.

Less of the hat-kickers please Vic. I've given two pieces of praise to our owner in the last couple of days though he remains a complete ****.

Less of the hat-kickers please Vic. I've given two pieces of praise to our owner in the last couple of days though he remains a complete ****.

that's mister complete **** to you. :rolleyes:

:lol: I actually meant every word. I ONLY wind up my good friend CB.

But magic, both Thommo and vic were winding you up - and you fell for it. :)

Incidentally, I haven't given our owner any praise at all in ages now. The Gulag awaits for me, I fear. :o

But magic, both Thommo and vic were winding you up - and you fell for it. :)

Incidentally, I haven't given our owner any praise at all in ages now. The Gulag awaits for me, I fear. :o

it's 'cos he doesn't have the gift. it was in his hat when he blootered it doon the street.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Phressley now is unrecognisable from our cup winning captain. Amazing how folk can change. It's clear as day he's hated throughout the footballing world as well for some of his ridiculous comments.

The Phressley now is unrecognisable from our cup winning captain. Amazing how folk can change. It's clear as day he's hated throughout the footballing world as well for some of his ridiculous comments.

I completely agree with this AP.

He's lost the plot a bit.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, i'm afraid.

They are, including me, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can look at a photo of us winning the cup and feel sick. :ninja:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I completely agree with this AP.

He's lost the plot a bit.

I spoke to him a few times throughout his Hearts career and he was a proper gent, could not have been nicer.

Now he comes across as an utter welt.

Suppose that's what being 'sellick minded' does to you. :angry:

Archived