Wenger pushes official

CJGJ

Anyone just see that on TV -- now what would happen to him in Scotland -- sin die ban ?

Asd usual he fails to see how lucky his team were to get a point -- the goal they scored was the biggest fluke you will see all season -- he was acting like Basil Fawlty on the sidelines -- bowing and holding hus hands in prayer.

Anyone just see that on TV -- now what would happen to him in Scotland -- sin die ban ?

Asd usual he fails to see how lucky his team were to get a point -- the goal they scored was the biggest fluke you will see all season -- he was acting like Basil Fawlty on the sidelines -- bowing and holding hus hands in prayer.

bitter man u fan??

It was feeble though. I'm glad Barnes is sticking up for him.

Had it been JJ he'd likely be banned for 2 years.

Wenger is an absolute tit. His attempts at mind games backfired today, get it right up him. He complains that teams try and kick them off the park. The same manager oversaw Adams, keown, petit, vieira etc laughable.

Wenger is an absolute tit. His attempts at mind games backfired today, get it right up him. He complains that teams try and kick them off the park. The same manager oversaw Adams, keown, petit, vieira etc laughable.

This

When was the last time one of Arsenal's opponents had a player carried off with a broken leg, please? It also cracks me up how many people berate Wenger for whining or being a bad loser - before going on to exalt Lord Ferg, who is as bad a loser as British football has ever known, a quality which is a huge part of his success.

Winners win; losers make their own arrangements. Something that great managers like Ferguson, Wenger or Mourinho have always understood.

Correct. These sort of antics he gets up to because his precious little football team didn`t get it their own way hits home why i can`t stand him.

Correct. These sort of antics he gets up to because his precious little football team didn`t get it their own way hits home why i can`t stand him.

Therefore, I take it you also can't stand it when Sir Alex puts pressure on officials game after game, or stands on the touchline pointing at his watch whenever his team aren't ahead?

Therefore, I take it you also can't stand it when Sir Alex puts pressure on officials game after game, or stands on the touchline pointing at his watch whenever his team aren't ahead?

Talking about Wenger here, who mentioned Ferguson? Seems your touchy when Wenger gets slagged Shaun, noticed this before. Can`t you accept he`s become a bitter man?

Ferguson has had his moments in defeat but he doesn`t complain about other teams style and i`ve seen him many a time take his medicine in defeat(which rarely happens mind you)

Arsene Wenger is a miserable sod and I can bet you if the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't have been whinging.

Lost all respect for him after his team more or less assaulted Van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford when he missed that penalty. I'm no Man United fan by any means but that was pathetic behaviour, very fitting of Wenger IMO.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He commands massive respect because of what he has achieved at Arsenal (quite incredible really) and his footballing principles can only be admired. He is however, a grade A arsehole. Can't stand him.

I liked Wenger when he was first around at Arsenal, but over the years he has started believing in his own hype.

He seems to think he is some kind of EPL zen-master, all knowing all seeing and this gives him the right to win every match.

His barren run over the last few years has seen him cut an ever more frustrated figure on the touchline and it is obviously starting to manifest itself in physical reactions towards those he holds responsible.

Is an Arsenal great but I don't think Wenger or Arsenal have the temprament to win anything in the near future.

I liked Wenger when he was first around at Arsenal, but over the years he has started believing in his own hype.

He seems to think he is some kind of EPL zen-master, all knowing all seeing and this gives him the right to win every match.

His barren run over the last few years has seen him cut an ever more frustrated figure on the touchline and it is obviously starting to manifest itself in physical reactions towards those he holds responsible.

Is an Arsenal great but I don't think Wenger or Arsenal have the temprament to win anything in the near future.

well put. Sums him up perfectly.

Talking about Wenger here, who mentioned Ferguson? Seems your touchy when Wenger gets slagged Shaun, noticed this before. Can`t you accept he`s become a bitter man?

Ferguson has had his moments in defeat but he doesn`t complain about other teams style and i`ve seen him many a time take his medicine in defeat(which rarely happens mind you)

You complained about his "antics when his precious little football team doesn't get his own way" as though he's in a league of his own for this sort of thing - but he isn't. In fact, hardly any top managers are anything other than graceless in defeat, and almost all top managers seek to deflect attention away from their team by blaming the officials instead. In fact, the Hearts manager did that very thing only last weekend. :)

I think Wenger's a fantastic manager: pound for pound, the best in the world. On what he's spent, Arsenal have no right at all to be perennial contenders; yet because of his work, year after year they are. British football's problem with him is, purely and simply, we don't understand him: in our eyes, he represents a namby pamby, effeminate way of playing which is total anathema to us and always has been. So we take umbrage when he accurately points out that many opposing managers (notably Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes when at Blackburn, even Ferguson for a time) send their players out to intimidate and bully Arsenal - but what does intimidation and bullying have to do with football? Nothing. And why do so many British clubs (including Arsenal some years back) only become successful when they have a real hard man in midfield who won't take any shit from anyone?

And because managers send their teams out to go right to the very line of what's acceptable, inevitably, a few players have crossed it, whether wittingly or otherwise... and young Arsenal players have ended up with career threatening injuries as a result. No football please, we're British. A way of playing, incidentally, which has left England and Scotland falling ever further behind, looking ever more like dinosaurs (or should that be, ostriches?), while the rest of the world moves on.

How many reds have Arsenal had under Wenger? Is it not a league record or something?

And Shaun, you may have a point. Problem is, his biggest fault is he can't see (or accept) that there is more than one way to play football in Britain. There isn't a right or wrong way regardless of what he says.

You complained about his "antics when his precious little football team doesn't get his own way" as though he's in a league of his own for this sort of thing - but he isn't. In fact, hardly any top managers are anything other than graceless in defeat, and almost all top managers seek to deflect attention away from their team by blaming the officials instead. In fact, the Hearts manager did that very thing only last weekend. :)

I think Wenger's a fantastic manager: pound for pound, the best in the world. On what he's spent, Arsenal have no right at all to be perennial contenders; yet because of his work, year after year they are. British football's problem with him is, purely and simply, we don't understand him: in our eyes, he represents a namby pamby, effeminate way of playing which is total anathema to us and always has been. So we take umbrage when he accurately points out that many opposing managers (notably Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes when at Blackburn, even Ferguson for a time) send their players out to intimidate and bully Arsenal - but what does intimidation and bullying have to do with football? Nothing. And why do so many British clubs (including Arsenal some years back) only become successful when they have a real hard man in midfield who won't take any shit from anyone?

And because managers send their teams out to go right to the very line of what's acceptable, inevitably, a few players have crossed it, whether wittingly or otherwise... and young Arsenal players have ended up with career threatening injuries as a result. No football please, we're British. A way of playing, incidentally, which has left England and Scotland falling ever further behind, looking ever more like dinosaurs (or should that be, ostriches?), while the rest of the world moves on.

Because intimidation IS part of the game legally or not, like it or not. And you have to handle it....and the best do.

Who is in charge of Man U ? a Scotsman. So, who`s leaving British football behind? Ferguson has outplayed, out-thought and beaten Wenger many times. So, the europeans aren`t the football know alls Shaun. Ferguson doesn`t whinge about physical play either.

How many reds have Arsenal had under Wenger? Is it not a league record or something?

And Shaun, you may have a point. Problem is, his biggest fault is he can't see (or accept) that there is more than one way to play football in Britain. There isn't a right or wrong way regardless of what he says.

That wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Totally agree with your second point. Most probably stubbornness or possibly arrogance that his way is the way football should be played and if anyone says or does otherwise isn't worthy of playing the game.

Completely off topic - but Gig, have you seen this? Interesting and depressing stuff:

http://www.timetogop...swfc-1991-2010/

My friend, that is very very depressing reading.

I remember reading something several years ago that had Wednesday as a blue print used by clubs coming up to the Premiership as how to not run your club. Some of the wages/fee's paid by the club around the time of Danny Wilson was just living outwith the clubs means. Although as we know, Wednesday are far from alone on that score.

There have been a lot to shoulder the blame for the decline, but the boards decision to appoint Danny Wilson, and then let him spend the money on what he did - that was the start of it. David Pleat may have had a bad last season, but we were an established Premiership club at that point.

Unless the club get some serious ????? invested, I just cant see them trading their way out of the mess they are in. The good money made in the last 5 years from player sales have just been swallowed up in to black holes.

It was a league record - in the years after he first arrived. It's changed completely since. And I totally agree with you about there being many more than one way to play: but it's a question of whether the methods other sides adopt are legal. These are young players' careers we're talking about here; and if (as I believe) they're being threatened in any way because of the approaches of other managers, that isn't acceptable.

This goes back to the debate we had after the World Cup Final in a sense. I don't expect any team to just attack Arsenal: Braga tried it the other night, and got walloped. By all means, be as cautious or defensive as you want; but stay within the bounds of what's legal.

Because intimidation IS part of the game legally or not, like it or not. And you have to handle it....and the best do.

Who is in charge of Man U ? a Scotsman. So, who`s leaving British football behind? Ferguson has outplayed, out-thought and beaten Wenger many times. So, the europeans aren`t the football know alls Shaun. Ferguson doesn`t whinge about physical play either.

Wrong. It's only part of the game if it's legal. Ferguson's an awesome manager - but also someone at a considerably bigger club who's spent a lot more and had a much bigger wage bill. The miracle is that Arsenal are in perennial contention at all, not that they rarely go on to win it. And no, Ferguson doesn't whinge about physical play; instead, very often, he's done the classically British thing of whingeing about cheating foreign opponents instead.

But Europeans (and South Americans) are the football know-alls, I'm afraid; otherwise, the British game wouldn't import so many of them (including far more at playing and management level than Spain or Italy do); and the creative positions in the Premier League wouldn't be completely dominated by players from overseas either.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be pissed off that after years, the players still aren't streetwise to the EPL.

Arsenal play amazing football but they should be looking at Chelsea as a blue print. The difference between the two sides? Chelsea can mix it up. Arsenal believe other players shouldn't be allowed to touch them. It's a lot of nonsense about their players being targeted. The two leg breaks were freak accidents. Fact.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be pissed off that after years, the players still aren't streetwise to the EPL.

Arsenal play amazing football but they should be looking at Chelsea as a blue print. The difference between the two sides? Chelsea can mix it up. Arsenal believe other players shouldn't be allowed to touch them. It's a lot of nonsense about their players being targeted. The two leg breaks were freak accidents. Fact.

Good post IMO thumbsup.gif

A lot of them are pissed off - especially given what Arsenal used to be known for pre-Wenger. But... freak accidents which just happened to involve opponents known for taking an overly physical, aggressive approach? Freak accidents, which resulted in horrifically severe injuries, the like of which you see very rarely? Freak accidents, which never happen to Arsenal's opponents? Really?

A lot of them are pissed off - especially given what Arsenal used to be known for pre-Wenger. But... freak accidents which just happened to involve opponents known for taking an overly physical, aggressive approach? Freak accidents, which resulted in horrifically severe injuries, the like of which you see very rarely? Freak accidents, which never happen to Arsenal's opponents? Really?

Man United have had 2 similar freak injuries. Valencia and Alan Smith.

Liverpool had Djibril Cisse.

Arsene Wenger likes to deflect blame for things, those injuries were unfortunate but to suggest they happened because they were playing for Arsenal is laughable IMO.

So you think they were deliberate?

You only have to watch them to realise they were just badly timed. The Shawcross one especially was just a full blooded tackle which was off by a millisecond. Taylor looked absolutely distraught with his tackle. Genuinely believe Eduardo was just far too quick for him.

So you think they were deliberate?

You only have to watch them to realise they were just badly timed. The Shawcross one especially was just a full blooded tackle which was off by a millisecond. Taylor looked absolutely distraught with his tackle. Genuinely believe Eduardo was just far too quick for him.

Deliberate? No. A consequence of players probably being wound up by their manager beforehand, and being told to go to the edge but not over it? Yes. Because if you're going to the edge against particularly quick, clever players, it doesn't take much for something to go very wrong.

Archived