Jamie Mcallister

ZacBaker

just wondering what everyones thoughts and opinions on him are

i have a mate who is of the impression that he was a quality player who was never given a chance and impressed when he did play.

i on the other hand thin he was a useless waste of speace who never took the weekly chance he got for 2 years....

just curious to find out which opinion was more accurate...

Carl Weathers
just wondering what everyones thoughts and opinions on him are

i have a mate who is of the impression that he was a quality player who was never given a chance and impressed when he did play.

i on the other hand thin he was a useless waste of speace who never took the weekly chance he got for 2 years....

just curious to find out which opinion was more accurate...

I think you're closer to the truth!

Drew Busby !
I'll be in the minority. I did not think he was that bad. Though I did not think he was any good.

He got a lot of stick, but I did not think he was as bad as many made out.

Seems to be doing allright for himself though.

Another one of those players whose best period was under Burley IMHO.

Nuff said.

McAllister could have been a good player for us. As it turned out, the "fans" were always on his back, but despite that he always gave 100% and never ever hid. Hope he makes it to the EPL.

Irrespective of what he did while at Tynecastle he should always be revered and respected for his performance for the Works Team in the diddy cup final against the Leithers. ;)

A terrible, terrible left back.

He did slightly better when he played in midfield for a few games but he was just not good enough.

He gave away goals with alarming regularity when he played at full back. Glad when he left. Never forgave his disgustingly bad performance in the cup semi v Motherwell either.

In his first season he was absolutely hopeless. He looked like he'd never seen a football before, let alone played the game professionally.

When Burley came in he looked a completely different player and was decent/good for the remainder of the time he played for us.

Absolute rent-a-quote though and ****ed me off with that.

I think he was pretty dreadful.

At least he didn't cost us 750k like Jose did, who is just as bad.

He might be playing in the Premiership next season...

The mark of a good manager is getting the best out of your players. Gary Johnson seems to be very good at that.

Jamie must be very glad he made the move.

loveofthegame

Scored a great goal once....

shame this is the only fond memory i have of him and it wasnt even for us!

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

As a couple of posters have said before, his disgusting performance V Motherwell meant I absolutely detested the man, arguing with fans that night aswell I believe, [mod edit]

rudi must stay

decent player. Never did much wrong never did much right. Shame he's apparently a ****** off the pitch who thinks he's a bigshot

Not bad but there will be better.

Will always remember the first derby of 2005, after 70 minutes we had all our strikers off the park and Jamie McAllister and Stephen Simmons up front! Thank **** Burley was sacked!:P

Geoff Kilpatrick

That Motherwell semi-final was his "Petric" moment. After that, he could have been Roberto Carlos and I wouldn't have given him any credit. Delighted he left.

That Motherwell semi-final was his "Petric" moment. After that, he could have been Roberto Carlos and I wouldn't have given him any credit. Delighted he left.

:rolleyes:

Nothing like a closed mind.

JamboJoker98

The only player that has played for us I genuinely disliked. Diabolical player. I'll always remember the most misjudged header in the history of football at Easter Road v Motherwell. Think I was closer to it sitting in the stand. He just seemed to coast through games mwith as little effort or input as possible, making a **** up of everything, annoyed the hell outta me!

Suspect Device
McAllister could have been a good player for us. As it turned out, the "fans" were always on his back, but despite that he always gave 100% and never ever hid. Hope he makes it to the EPL.

Irrespective of what he did while at Tynecastle he should always be revered and respected for his performance for the Works Team in the diddy cup final against the Leithers. ;)

Sh ! tt ing it to go for a header in the last minute of a cup semi final is definately giving less than 100% and hiding :mad: !!!!

that alone is unforgivable !

Snake Plissken

i genuinely hated the man and was delighted when he left.

CIS semi 2005 - a performance for which there is no excuse.

As others have said, what he was sheeite, still think he's sheeite, couldn't give a monkeys if Bristol City are fluking it in the Championship, he's still pesh.

The Old Tolbooth

He was fugging garbage! One of the worst players I have ever seen!

He was also a loud mouthed, big headed tw@t who thought he was bigger than he actually was, it would be a travesty if a fud like that got to play in the EPL!

Sh ! tt ing it to go for a header in the last minute of a cup semi final is definately giving less than 100% and hiding :mad: !!!!

that alone is unforgivable !

Surprised people are getting so het up about a diddy cup semi-final. It's a cack competition so I'm not surprised if McAllister lacked a bit of enthusiasm in that game.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Surprised people are getting so het up about a diddy cup semi-final. It's a cack competition so I'm not surprised if McAllister lacked a bit of enthusiasm in that game.

Selling the jerseys at any time is unacceptable. In a semi-final where we had fought back to take to it extra time, it made it even worse.

Selling the jerseys at any time is unacceptable. In a semi-final where we had fought back to take to it extra time, it made it even worse.

Agreed he was a disgrace that night. Glad we punted him. :)

Selling the jerseys at any time is unacceptable. In a semi-final...............it made it even worse.

In that case, what's your view of Henry Smith?

Personally I can't stand him because he "sold the jerseys" in a semi final that really mattered. :mad:

In that case, what's your view of Henry Smith?

Personally I can't stand him because he "sold the jerseys" in a semi final that really mattered. :mad:

He also sold the jerseys in that league cup tie at Dens Park. :rolleyes:

He also sold the jerseys in that league cup tie at Dens Park. :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of that, but it's not in the same league of infamy as gifting a Scottish Cup semi final to ra sellik. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm well aware of that, but it's not in the same league of infamy as gifting a Scottish Cup semi final to ra sellik. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nope and I never forgave him for that one. :mad::mad:

One of the very few Hearts players who I genuinely hated when he played for us.

The only others that I can think of to share that accolade were Jim Weir, Gordan Petric and Davie Kirkwood.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hated his guts.

Flash, arrogant tosser.

That Motherwell performance was a joke. If I had seen him in the street after that game I probably would have attacked him!

Hated his guts.

Flash, arrogant tosser.

That Motherwell performance was a joke. If I had seen him in the street after that game I probably would have attacked him!

Not on your Christmas card list then Alan. :)

Gigolo-Aunt

He was a terrible footballer myself. Levein thought it was a great piece of business bringing him and Mullet Ramon in for the money Severin was wanting. Thought it was a bizarre one myself.

His best period at the club came as a right midfielder under Burley,

Would have thought he would have been found out down south but he seems to be doing well for himself. Maybe he was better than I gave him credit for.

Clarkserino

Couldn't stand him at first.

Such is life that he actually looked like a decent player during the Burley era, when he was playing utility in midfield. Proving his worth at Bristol now, so good luck to him.

Alot of people on here rave on about Neilson's tackle in the cup final, but despite Jamie Mac's weaknesses and failings, to this day I can recall one incident where he saved us a game with a piece of unselfish, world class defending. 1-0 Rangers game during the Burley run. He came on as a sub at half time and threw himself at every shot and committed himself to every challenge possible. There was no way he was going to let them score if he had anything to do with it, and I actually bumped into him in town that night and thanked him for keeping us top. Late in the game he threw a leg out to block a shot from some Argentinian bloke (whose name escapes me). Could have broke his leg the way he did it, but it saved us the points that day IMO.

So for all my hatred towards him over the days, he won me over after that game. Genuinely believed he would have a part to play under Burley, but the rest his history, as is Jamie Mac's Hearts career.

davemclaren

I thought he was a useful squad player and would play ( and did play ) any position he was asked even though he was not well equipped to do so for many of them. Burley clearly thought so as well. He never hid despite the lambasting he took from the fans.

He did make some howlers but I think Burley made him more reliable. I hope he does well if he makes it to the EPL.

Similarly, I think Lee Johnston was a better player than some thought and we should have kept him.

I thought he was a useful squad player and would play ( and did play ) any position he was asked even though he was not well equipped to do so for many of them. Burley clearly thought so as well. He never hid despite the lambasting he took from the fans.

He did make some howlers but I think Burley made him more reliable. I hope he does well if he makes it to the EPL.

Similarly, I think Lee Johnston was a better player than some thought and we should have kept him.

No argument there.

Hated his guts.

Flash, arrogant tosser.

I was so, so close to getting lifted at that game thanks to that tosser.

If I'd seen him in the street after it I deffo would have attacked him, along with about 6,000 others.

JennytheJambo

Ditto.

McAllister was feckin rubbish. He had a rather inflated opinion of himself as a player. He couldnae water!

Horrible player. I am glad he is gone.

Sold the jerseys in the CIS Semi!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did he not score the winner against Kilmaenock at home in the Scottish Cup winning run ?

Suspect Device

:bravo: excellent fishing trip sir :bravo:

:cool_shades:

rossthejambo

i never really thought he was good or bad til the semi against motherwell. have hated him ever since.

Archived