Egg chasing in Rome

Julio

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
What a dreadful try the Scots just conceded. Italy now all square 17 all. So much for beating England last week. :rolleyes:

They did beat England last week though?

Are you hoping that was just a nightmare Julio? :rolleyes:

They did beat England last week though?

Are you hoping that was just a nightmare Julio? :rolleyes:

If Italy manage to win will Scotland get the wooden spoon. :eek:

Boaby Ewing
If Italy manage to win will Scotland get the wooden spoon. :eek:

If they win by more than four.

So a penalty isn't enough.

If they win by more than four.

So a penalty isn't enough.

A try required for the Italians then. A very tight finish.

It completely baffles me how a country with 5m people in ti can't find someone who can run quickly and carry a ball at the same time. The Scotland backs of the last few years have all been stunningly slow with the exception of Chris Paterson.

The Old Tolbooth

This has been Scotlands best performance of the 6 nations so far, they are much more lively than any of their other games played. How the hell they aint winning this one is more down to bad luck than anything else.

This has been Scotlands best performance of the 6 nations so far, they are much more lively than any of their other games played. How the hell they aint winning this one is more down to bad luck than anything else.

John its Italy though. They are meant to be the weakest link in the six nations.

Baws.

Pretty certain we avoid the wooden spoon though.

Still lost though. The Scots were saying IF we don't win in Rome the win last week counts for NOTHING. :)

Commander Harris
Still lost though. The Scots were saying IF we don't win in Rome the win last week counts for NOTHING. :)

they could hardly say the truth - "we don't care what we do against Italy because we got it right up the English" :)

The Scotland rugby team is absolute pants , a total waste of space :confused:

Id rather watch paint dry than that shower of sh*t, no talent no fight disgrace to the jersey :annoyed:

Adi Dassler

I was absolutely disconsolate at the final whistle there.

What are Italy getting all Leeds United about? They still got the wooden spoon.

Dinnae understand this game.

they could hardly say the truth - "we don't care what we do against Italy because we got it right up the English" :)

Scotland are a joke at egg chasing. Decide to raise their game for one game. How truly pathetic they are. :rolleyes:

I was absolutely disconsolate at the final whistle there.

What are Italy getting all Leeds United about? They still got the wooden spoon.

Dinnae understand this game.

AD becasue they have a shocking record in the six nations. Scotland are a joke losing to Italy.

The Scotland rugby team is absolute pants , a total waste of space :confused:

Id rather watch paint dry than that shower of sh*t, no talent no fight disgrace to the jersey :annoyed:

Well said Jabba. They are a disgrace. Haddens a clown. :annoyed:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I will be supporting the Welsh later on.

Won't be paying attention to the England game. Couldn't care less.

For a country the size of England to be sitting 3rd bottom is embarrassing. :)

The Old Tolbooth
John its Italy though. They are meant to be the weakest link in the six nations.

Italy are not the whipping boys they used to be, they should have won in Ireland, shoud have beaten England and gave France a fright in Paris, the only gubbing they got was in Wales, who IMO are the best team in the 6 nations.

Time to cheer on Ireland now :)

conn artist

surely, the end of the road for haddon, he just cant get any kind of dynamic play out that team and there is talent there. time for andy robinson to step into the role. hopefully he can do for scotland what he has done for edinburgh.

The Old Tolbooth

Of course last weeks game counted for something Jools, there was a trophy at stake (the calcutta cup) which is now in the hands of the good guys, and of course bragging rights over the auld enemy for 12 months until we get our erses felt at Twickers next year, I reckon that counts for quite a lot bud.

How many trophies have England won this season? ;)

Of course last weeks game counted for something Jools, there was a trophy at stake (the calcutta cup) which is now in the hands of the good guys, and of course bragging rights over the auld enemy for 12 months until we get our erses felt at Twickers next year, I reckon that counts for quite a lot bud.

How many trophies have England won this season? ;)

Win lose or draw there will be plenty of that going on ,fairy's the lot of em :movethatass::girl_hug::cheer1:

The Old Tolbooth
Win lose or draw there will be plenty of that going on ,fairy's the lot of em :movethatass::girl_hug::cheer1:

Heh heh heh, I'd like to see Miko, Zemmama, Nakamura and Burke all in the front row of a scrum, then we would see who the real fairies are ;)

Commander Harris
England 0 Ireland 10

:D

good stuff - I've got a lot of Northern Irish friends who support the Ireland rugby team so I'm hoping for an Irish win for them.

Rugby in Scotland is dead.

The professional game basically doesn't exist up here anymore.

Melrose 7s is the only decent rugby available to watch in this country, and that's a one-a-year event.

Boaby Ewing

Cipriani had a fantastic game, but the commentator should really get his spaver out his hand - they've picked another golden boy to build their dreams around, thus ensuring they never amount to very much once again.

Brilliant.

Melrose 7s is the only decent rugby available to watch in this country, and that's a one-a-year event.

You've obviously never been to Shetland's mid-summer 7s :D

Invites to interested teams still available.

Denny Crane

So weak that the number of professional clubs and professional players dwarfs what Scotland have at their disposal. Plus the various local governments in Italy are more proactive in helping the clubs in terms structuring the facilities there and indeed, improve upon them. Also, unlike our councils, the ones in Italy do more to make the game more accessable to kids with the aim being to ensure that one day their national team - and their clubs - can compete at a higher level in both the Six Nations and the Heineken Cup.

There will come a time in years to come when Italy will seriously challenge for the Six Nations. They have the infrastructure to do this. Granted they have only been able to rack up the occasional win but France suffered a few bloody noses when they first joined the then Five Nations before establishing itself as a major player.

Scotland has punched above its weight for a long while. Those of my age were somewhat spoiled as the national side embarked on its best era as we were all being introduced to this great game. Granted the SRU has a major task on its hands to ensure that we can get back to that level but those older than myself are not too surprised as to oour current predicament. Before the 1980s, they were accustomed to our national side treading water and inflicting the odd surprise on the likes of Wales, France & England.

Throwaway comments such as the one you've made do not even begin to scratch the surface on the state of rugby in either Scotland or Italy.

The Old Tolbooth
Rugby in Scotland is dead.

The professional game basically doesn't exist up here anymore.

Melrose 7's is a money making showcase event Cade, nothing more, nothing less!

You really cant compare 7's rugby to 15 aside rugby and I'll give you an example why.

In the early 90's the first 7's world cup was scheduled to be played at Murrayfield, and in preparation England warmed up for this at the Selkirk 7's.

They easily battled their way through to the semi finals where they met a rampant Gala side, a Gala side who at the 7's level had won almost every tournament before them for 3 years solid!

The game was tied at the end of the normal period (I think it was 12-12) and extra time was to be played, Gala were awarded a penalty and the small town of 16000 people had beaten a nation of 50 million!

England then went on to lift the 7's world cup at Murrayfield, beating the all blacks and fijians on the way, however they couldnt beat a Gala side at 7's only 3 weeks before!

If Gala had played England at 15 a side rugby, the result would have been a massive landslide in Englands favour, hence thev reason why I say you cant compare 7's to normal rugby. :)

they've picked another golden boy to build their dreams around, thus ensuring they never amount to very much once again.

You mean like when Wilkinson was their golden boy in 2003?

You mean like when Wilkinson was their golden boy in 2003?

JW has as many World Cup winning medals as any Kiwi (the supposed Brazil of the egg chasing world). :)

BTW well done Wales yesterday on their tenth ever grand slam. :)

So we were winning? You wait until they equalise to make the thread. In latest news. Lewis Hamilton wins the Grand Prix!

Get me some tissue!

So we were winning? You wait until they equalise to make the thread. In latest news. Lewis Hamilton wins the Grand Prix!

Get me some tissue!

Its the final score that counts. :)

Archived