FAO Subscribed Members

Ulysses

Dexter and I were talking today about membership subs. As y'all know, members can subscribe as a way of supporting the running of the forum and helping out with our contributions to charitable causes. Most members pay a fiver a year, and some members pay a bit extra (either ?10 or ?20).

As a way of acknowledging their contribution, subscribed members do get some extra facilities and services, e.g. custom avatars, profile pictures and signatures, more storage for private messages, more space to upload files and picture attachments to messages. Subscribed members can also change their displayed user names.

We were wondering if members thought that some of these facilities could be changed. That might mean extending some of them, or reducing/scrapping others. It might also mean adding on some services.

Any thoughts or suggestions? We might not be able to implement ideas, but I s'pose we won't know that until we read what members have to say.

Over to you.

:toasting:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, Uly, I haven't a clue about what's on offer. I probably unwittingly use the additional facilities but wouldn't get bothered if they were reduced. I subscribe to assist maintaining the site not to get some privileged extras. I am a happy chappy whatever you do.

Johanes de Silentio

Yup - the forum's well run - just go with whatever you think, guys! :thumbsup:

I only paid a fiver, others pay more, and may have other ideas, I'd expect.

Subscribed members should be able to swear and see pictures of naked bursd.

That'd get the money rolling in :thumbsup:

Amended for you.

Subscribed members should be able to swear and post pictures of naked bursd.

That'd get the money rolling in :thumbsup:

:lol:

a special [bursd][/bursd] tag for naked lady pictures that only subscribed gents can see.

Amended for you.

:Agree:

Can't believe Le Chat never thought of that. Disappointed in him tbh. :down:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Free beer tokens for being the best poster.

A voting system to eradicate any vermin infestation.

Free beer tokens for being Lionheartf.

Monthly invitations to the Mods "private" forum.

A total unconditional ban on anybody that supports more than one club, with the ONLY club allowed being HMFC.

Dexters private phone number should be made available for all reasonablish grievances.

Links to healthy lifestyle sites should be made readily available.

I quite fancy a recipes section but perhaps thats a tad selfish.

Free beer for posting any good forum ideas.

Excellent....Yawn Snoreson has posted...

A total ban on all posts over 1000 words.

Ban Shaun Lawson for being a boring fart.

Free beer tokens for being the best poster.

A voting system to eradicate any vermin infestation.

Free beer tokens for being Lionheartf.

Monthly invitations to the Mods "private" forum.

A total unconditional ban on anybody that supports more than one club, with the ONLY club allowed being HMFC.

Dexters private phone number should be made available for all reasonablish grievances.

Links to healthy lifestyle sites should be made readily available.

I quite fancy a recipes section but perhaps thats a tad selfish.

Free beer for posting any good forum ideas.

Excellent....Yawn Snoreson has posted...

A total ban on all posts over 1000 words.

Ban Shaun Lawson for being a boring fart.

:biggrin:

But I'd already have been banned - for supporting more than one club!

Yellow is the colour... :thumbsup:

I take it you don't like boring farts.

So what kind of farts do you like, then?

His own, presumably? :unsure:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I take it you don't like boring farts.

So what kind of farts do you like, then?

Not sure were you got the notion that I like any type of fart.

But...........a few Jack and Danny farts over the years have made me chuckle.

Am I bad ?

The avatar thing should be changed.

It isn't fair that only paid up members should be able to have custom avatars.

I agree with that. I have subscribed in the past but not at the moment.

The avatar thing should be changed.

It isn't fair that only paid up members should be able to have custom avatars.

I'm not sure I necessarily disagree with your general point but I don't see where fairness comes into it.

I'm not sure I necessarily disagree with your general point but I don't see where fairness comes into it.

Maybe fair isn't the right word. Other forums I use allow custom avatars but with a size limit. Possibly paid up members could have a bigger or more complex avatar?

Johanes de Silentio

I agree with that. I have subscribed in the past but not at the moment.

There has to be some incentive for members to pay extra, but I'd happily pay Stanley's subs to see the wee guy in his old avatar, folks!

I love and miss that wee guy! :(

Maybe fair isn't the right word. Other forums I use allow custom avatars but with a size limit. Possibly paid up members could have a bigger or more complex avatar?

I suppose, not sure I have ever thought about it hugely. What I would say is that avatars add a bit of colour and help old folk like me remember posters. I only reply to posts and not posters so that is obviously not that important.:whistling:

My point was around the term, and whilst you are not the person I aim this bit at, at the end of the day we are guests here and this is not a democracy. We don't need to be here, we don't need to pay, we come here because we want to but we get very comfy and want more. It is just the way of life; Once you have it you always want more. :)

Hey admin dude, now I am in your house, any chance of a pedicure?

Me?

Sorry not admin dude.

I may be missing an obvious funny, but I was playing the part and was not suggesting you were.

Recognise that I have now probably missed the funny.

I may be missing an obvious funny, but I was playing the part and was not suggesting you were.

Recognise that I have now probably missed the funny.

I don't think there was a funny.

I just got confused. It happens a lot to me.

I agree, swearing and a more adult orientated site. Links to naked bursd etc. Ban the kids! ;)

Bring back the arcade you nimwits!!

BTW, I hadn't been a subscribed member for a year or two but I have always been able to have this as my avatar.

Ban name changing as it is primarily used by clowns to re-invent themselves after a humiliating drink/drug related posting binge. It's a pain in the erchie having to work out who a poster is after a name change.

Ban name changing as it is primarily used by clowns to re-invent themselves after a humiliating drink/drug related posting binge. It's a pain in the erchie having to work out who a poster is after a name change.

This.

Pissed of trying to guess who all these bawbags are again :thumbsup:

Guest GhostHunter

Hughsie and Geoff's suggestions are already being investigated with a view to being implemented for subscribed members shortly...

The chat area will most likely be first - I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks....

PS - My private number is .... only available to [bursd][/bursd]

:lol:

Johanes de Silentio

A chat facility for subscribed members would be good.

Finally, the KJB Elite can be just that!

Can I ask what the point of that would be, and what people could talk about there that they couldn't in the main forum?

Would The Elite be able to name and bitch about other members - stuff that's against standard forum rules?

Isn't kickback already divisive enough without introducing a 'gentleman's club'?

I'm speaking as a subscribed member, btw. :thumbsup:

A chat facility for subscribed members would be good.

Otherwise, no real opinion on the matter.

I agree with chat facility's but only on matchdays (with normal kickback rules) with all users over 100 posts allowed to enter.

I don't see a need to swear on a forum or in a chatroom as its not big & its not clever imo.

& like most other paid up members, I paid my subs to keep the boards up & running for every 1 to carry on enjoying.

1 team, 1 set of fans, we should all stand together in an ideal world.

Get rid of the username change facility please.

Bring back the Poker.

I agree with chat facility's but only on matchdays (with normal kickback rules) with all users over 100 posts allowed to enter.

I don't see a need to swear on a forum or in a chatroom as its not big & its not clever imo.

Both posters have good points

portobellojambo1

It isn't something I've really thought about Uly, what subscribed members get while others don't and whether or not those that chose to pay more should get more. I pay what I pay for my subscription because I want to, personal choice, I'm not looking for any favours in return.

In the past I would maybe have suggested the only thing I would have liked was a reasonable guarantee that if the site became busy and was struggling to cope with the numbers signed on that in such circumstances those paying the most would be ensured access. But those problems of the past seem to have been left in the past and the board appears able to cope however big the demand is now.

The only other thing I'd suggest has already been mentioned in this thread. That is the name change facility. Doesn't have to be removed, but there should be limitations on how often people can change their name, e.g. once every 12 months at most.

Get rid of the username change facility please.

Bring back the Poker.

Yeah I agree I want Gambos chips :)

Oh and if there is to be burds area then only fair the subscribed Jambo burds get a hot male totty area to ogle in.

Otherwise yeah the chat thing would be good and have no issue about adding or losing other bits

Admin rights on certain parts of the forum would be quite nice and I suppose relatively useful (compiling multiple threads about the same issue / The Mafia things that are in the stickies / Creating stickies etc. / locking spam threads started by Hibs fans & supporters of other teams after big games) and fairly easy to do as well.

I also agree with banning the name-change thing as that is rather a large pain in the arse seeing entirely new people popping up with thousands of posts and having no idea who they are.

If any of these go through I might even re-subscribe :D

linkin- hearts

All or any of the above would be fine by me, i have no problem leaving these decisions to the people already running the site.:thumbsup:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Can't see past the naked bursd myself.

I take it there are no other sites on the interweb with naked bursd then ?

I take it there are no other sites on the interweb with naked bursd then ?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

Even if there were, would there ever be enough?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I quite like it the way it is but chat function would be usefull i suppose.

I pay a subscription because I want to contribute where I can... Well that and I quite like being able to look at pretty lassies in my signature and avatar, while I am posting. :lol:... Make the place look more pleasant.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There should be a naughty step... it would be liek a cyber-dunce cap.

The silliest post or most annoying troll of the week (you could do it as an official thing, like the most warnings or post removals or just by public vote) should have a dunce-cap put on their avatar for the week and their location changed to 'The naughty step'.

I suggest Lionheart be 'Dunce of the week' for next week.

:thumbsup:

Some fair points there.

I?m sure somebody once linked to another fan's forum recently where there appeared to be a facility where posts/posters could be acknowledged with some sort of approval/credibility rating. It looked like it worked quite well and seemed quite effective. I remember something similar being on here a while ago and although I know this can be open to abuse there may be a newer software/facility that may now make it more effective.

Another one I thought about was if you liked/appreciated certain posters, you cold have some kind of personal/private favourite posters (or maybe even ones you don't like) list which each poster could build, so when you come on to the site there would be an update of when/where they have posted should you wish to refer to it.

I know there is a classic thread forum, but wondered if there was mileage in separate forums that collated certain information that would allow you to research info if you fancied. I suppose I mean stuff such as Man of the Match poll results, Vlad quotes and dare I say it refereeing decisions etc.

I also wondered if there is scope for a synonyms/thesaurus facility similar to "Word". I am aware this could be a no-no and not available.

Agree that name changes suck. Some folk had good original names that have not changed for the better.

Bigger avatars are good, but don't like big photo signatures though, (ok, except for the one above) as they get a bit repetitive and take up too much space.

Don't see the point of a chat facility. If it's what I'm thinking, then they are for numbnuts.

Overall though no beefs for what is a well managed site.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

There should be a naughty step... it would be liek a cyber-dunce cap.

The silliest post or most annoying troll of the week (you could do it as an official thing, like the most warnings or post removals or just by public vote) should have a dunce-cap put on their avatar for the week and their location changed to 'The naughty step'.

I suggest Lionheart be 'Dunce of the week' for next week.

:thumbsup:

That would be a bit of an honour.............:thumbsup:

Or is that your point ?

Archived