Aberdeen v Gretna Betting

Statto

1/3 Aberdeen 10/3 Gretna 6/1

What is everyone thinking?

Worth a ?50 bet on Aberdeen? Returns ?66.67.:P

Even ?20 returns ?26.67. Is it free money?

With all of Gretna's troubles, will this affect them. They apparently have 10 first team players and the rest will be U19's. They weren't that good anyway and the game is at Pittodrie. They will have the home fans backing them.

The only away match Gretna had won before tomorrow was against Dundee united (I think).

Aberdeen have won 42% of their home games and lost 24%.

There is an 18 point difference between the 2 sides (28 including the deduction).

Is it too much for Gretna to get anything from this game?

Opinions?:confused:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Re mortgage your house on this one mate.

Players uninsured, agents looking for new clubs, not being paid.

They will be about 10% committed and the Sheep are still trying for top 6.

I'm shocked Aberdeen are only 1/3!

seen this today as well.

severly tempted to stick ****loads on Aberdeen, and i never put big bets on.

I'd imagine the price will shorten at some point as well so if you're going to bet, do it early

Regular John

I wouldn't completely write off Gretna, some of them are playing for their livelihoods and the fact some are playing for free tells you about the attitude.

Also, psychologically Aberdeen might turn up just expecting to win knowing Gretna's troubles and I can't see them rolling over that easy.

I predict a tough fought 1-0 win for the sheep.

loveofthegame

i'd love a piece of that but the old saying 'dont bet what you cant afford to lose' comes into play. would be blowing the last of my overdraft.

oh to be a student

Re mortgage your house on this one mate.

Players uninsured, agents looking for new clubs, not being paid.

They will be about 10% committed and the Sheep are still trying for top 6.

I'm shocked Aberdeen are only 1/3!

The odds were probally made up before all this started or when it was just rumoured.

Shall I get all the cash I can get my hands on to bet the Dons?

chester copperpot

Very very generous odds on the Dons tomorrow, however can never bring myself to back them, but if you're asking me whether it is free money, then I'd say yes it is free money.

Gretna would've toiled in this game anyway, however with the impending closure at the back of the players minds, they will struggle to get into this match at all, and I can see them on the end of a drubbing tomorrow.

The odds were probally made up before all this started or when it was just rumoured.

half of me says yes, the other half says no...

there have been far bigger upsets than what a Gretna win would be.

Take Barnsley for instance....

Just remember there is no such thing as free money mate.

I will be putting a large sum on probably but I expect the odds to have shortened by the time I hit the bookies!

Just can't see anything other than an Aberdeen win, so much has happened this week .... they even had their boots chored FFS!

Have noticed you like your stats and to study games so you will know yourself that this is as close to a sure thing as you will get!

chester copperpot

This is so different though mate. Barnsley fought for their lives, had an incentive of semi final of a FA Cup.

The Gretna players have been royally shafted by Gretna's shambolic running of their football club, and I bet a pound to a penny none of them will be fancying this game tomorrow.

I think most just want to find another club asap, and wont be risking anything in this game tmrw.

This is so different though mate. Barnsley fought for their lives, had an incentive of semi final of a FA Cup.

The Gretna players have been royally shafted by Gretna's shambolic running of their football club, and I bet a pound to a penny none of them will be fancying this game tomorrow.

I think most just want to find another club asap, and wont be risking anything in this game tmrw.

The key for me is that they are not insured.

What's going to be going through their mind when they go in for a 50/50?

That could result in an injury and then they are truly fecked. No wages until they are fit again.

Fair play to the guys playing though, that's certainly commitment.

Barnsley are an alright team though.

Gretna aren't that good, especially without Yantorno and the rest of the team.

I've got ?60 on me,

What do you say people,

shall I go ALL IN or FOLD to win ?20?

chester copperpot
Barnsley are an alright team though.

Gretna aren't that good, especially without Yantorno and the rest of the team.

I've got ?60 on me,

What do you say people,

shall I go ALL IN or FOLD to win ?20?

I would say this is as sure fire as your going to get on a football match.

ALL IN :)

Era Macaroons

Despite Aberdeen being a totally guff outfit as well, this should be a sure fire winner

I wouldnt be suprised to see the odds shorten further tomorrow

chester copperpot
The key for me is that they are not insured.

What's going to be going through their mind when they go in for a 50/50?

That could result in an injury and then they are truly fecked. No wages until they are fit again.

Fair play to the guys playing though, that's certainly commitment.

Do they not get some sort of insurance through the PFA or summat. Sure I heard Fraser Wishart mention it today when I was in the car, but might be wrong.

I would say this is as sure fire as your going to get on a football match.

yep, you've convinced me...

(no doubt this will be the game that beats my fecking coupon!!!)

Get your wheelbarrow, massive truck, remortage yer hoose, remortgage yer mum and dads hoose, rob a bank, mug Romanov and get yourself down to Mr Hills!

All aboard the rich train!!

chester copperpot
yep, you've convinced me...

(no doubt this will be the game that beats my fecking coupon!!!)

Go for it. Got a couple of ton kicking about in my wallet that I may just decide to lump on a single for them to win.

Hate backing Aberdeen in singles, but this just looks far too good to turn down.

Can FIXED odds change?

I didn't think so.

I remember so much money was bet against Forfar last season when they only had 7 players fit that they stopped all single bets for them. They ended up losing about 6 or 7 nil. You were allowed accumulators and I don't think the odds were shortened.

Can FIXED odds change?

I didn't think so.

I remember so much money was bet against Forfar last season when they only had 7 players fit that they stopped all single bets for them. They ended up losing about 6 or 7 nil. You were allowed accumulators and I don't think the odds were shortened.

I think they can mate.

A few times I've went to the bookies only to be told the odds have changed due to the amount of cash being punted.

Can FIXED odds change?

I didn't think so.

they def can mate, small print on the coupons state "prices subject to fluctuation" ;)

if your putting it on in an actual bookies, just make sure u check with the price when you put it on :thumb:

Hills have changed a lot of prices this season, QOTS last week was one, coz Dundee had such a depleted squad

Era Macaroons
Can FIXED odds change?

of course they can....your dealing with bookies......remember

:gangsta:

You'd be as well to back the Sheep on the HT/FT market, currently 1.9 on Betfair. I'm just gutted I blew my betting fund last week on Blackjack, D'Oh!!!!

I haven't put ?60 on to win, I have put ?30 to be winning at half time, it wins ?20 still, just cutting down my possibly losses.

Aberdeen are 4/6 to be winning at HT.

cheeseypleasey

damm i forgot about ht/ft ive got 68 $ to win total 82 $ at 1/4 odds ,still free poker money

EASY EASY EASY EASY!

?20 up by 3.50 this afternoon.

A bit uneasy at about 25 to 4 but luckily they got the goal the needed and it was one of the first half times through. Normally when you're waiting on a team, it's the last.

Anyone else bet on this game?

Archived