Tartan Army (Merged Threads)

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible

Don't know if this has been discussed before but with the game tomorrow night has anybody noticed that our visitors have God Save the Queen as their national anthem, how will that go down? part of me after the anti Lithuanian biasedness wishes that the tart-and-smarmy disrespect it so that the SFA will get fined.

Don't get me wrong I want all anthems to be respected including the English/our actual anthem but the Tartan army seem to have the moral high ground as to think its OK as it's some romantic notion of standing against oppression bollox. But these idiots wont be able to differentiate one anthem from the other as they have the same title/tune.

Get me right, I hate the SFA and what the trait-on army have become over the last few years more so since Vlad took over. Love my country: hate the SFA and the Tartan Army :down:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been discussed before but with the game tomorrow night has anybody noticed that our visitors have God Save the Queen as their national anthem, how will that go down? part of me after the anti Lithuanian biasedness wishes that the tart-and-smarmy disrespect it so that the SFA will get fined.

Don't get me wrong I want all anthems to be respected including the English/our actual anthem but the Tartan army seem to have the moral high ground as to think its OK as it's some romantic notion of standing against oppression bollox. But these idiots wont be able to differentiate one anthem from the other as they have the same title/tune.

Get me right, I hate the SFA and what the trait-on army have become over the last few years more so since Vlad took over. Love my country: hate the SFA and the Tartan Army :down:

This was in the papers a couple of months back (just before the Mars bar story)and the **** that is the media voice of the TA (Hamish whats his puss) was rambling on that it wouldn't be boo'ed.

I'd like to think we're better than that, but if the past is anything to go by, I'm sure we will have some idiots who boo. Apparently some sang all the way through Lithuania's national anthem. No matter what you think of another country yourself, it is a total lack of respect to boo or sing through another countries anthem.

Can you imagine the outrage if another country did that to us? But because it's us Scots, it's only "banter". It's a total disgrace that we should even have to consider our own fans showing the world how pathetic and small minded we really are. If Scottish fans boo, then I would no issue with fines or even point deduction. The only problem there, is that these idiots get to play the victim.

I'd like to think we're better than that, but if the past is anything to go by, I'm sure we will have some idiots who boo. Apparently some sang all the way through Lithuania's national anthem. No matter what you think of another country yourself, it is a total lack of respect to boo or sing through another countries anthem.

Can you imagine the outrage if another country did that to us? But because it's us Scots, it's only "banter". It's a total disgrace that we should even have to consider our own fans showing the world how pathetic and small minded we really are. If Scottish fans boo, then I would no issue with fines or even point deduction. The only problem there, is that these idiots get to play the victim.

i think they were thinking about doing something with fair play points(whatever they are) if there is booing of the national anthem of lichtenstein. Well thats what i read in a paper last week/week before

the Tartan army seem to have the moral high ground as to think its OK as it's some romantic notion of standing against oppression bollox.

They're not a kick in the (frequently mooning) arse off the tims in that respect. Both are vile, despicable, unsavoury groups of fans. :down:

They're not a kick in the (frequently mooning) arse off the tims in that respect. Both are vile, despicable, unsavoury groups of fans. :down:

Would you share that opinion if we were playing the Republic of Ireland and they booed the Soldier song?

Would you share that opinion if we were playing the Republic of Ireland and they booed the Soldier song?

Yes.

What a rather strange question.

i think they were thinking about doing something with fair play points(whatever they are) if there is booing of the national anthem of lichtenstein. Well thats what i read in a paper last week/week before

I remember something similar, but I didn't know it was 'Fair play points' whatever they are.

I mean actual points, and I don't think that is too extreme. I should never feel ashamed when watching my nation play a sport, but when these cocks start disrespecting other countries and drag us all through the mud, I really do. I want something done about it.

Pretty obvious that the Liechtenstein anthem will be booed by the Tartan trannies who certainly have previous for such disrespect.

Guest Dipped Flake

here we go again. No matter how many anti-Scotland threads get closed there is always another bammer to start them off again. On your highlighted bit, as happened in Sweden, they only played the one verse of FOS. We are accustomed to the 2 verses being played and have always sung the 2 so the fans sung the 2 verses. This meant that the fans hadn't finished our anthem until a few seconds into the Lithuanian one

Guest Dipped Flake

Pretty obvious that the Liechtenstein anthem will be booed by the Tartan trannies who certainly have previous for such disrespect.

While you show great respect for our national dress, ######

here we go again. No matter how many anti-Scotland threads get closed there is always another bammer to start them off again. On your highlighted bit, as happened in Sweden, they only played the one verse of FOS. We are accustomed to the 2 verses being played and have always sung the 2 so the fans sung the 2 verses. This meant that the fans hadn't finished our anthem until a few seconds into the Lithuanian one

I didn't read the anti-Scotland threads, and I said apparently as I was told this by someone else. If that is the case then I retract that comment.

Also, this isn't anti-Scotland. This is very much pro-Scotland. I don't want our country to be seen by the rest of the world as a bunch of jingoistic morons who disrespect other nations, under the guise of national pride.

Guest Dipped Flake

I didn't read the anti-Scotland threads, and I said apparently as I was told this by someone else. If that is the case then I retract that comment.

cheers....

Guest Dipped Flake

Also, this isn't anti-Scotland. This is very much pro-Scotland. I don't want our country to be seen by the rest of the world as a bunch of jingoistic morons who disrespect other nations, under the guise of national pride.

100% agree with that. Never seen anyone on trips abroad booing an anthem but there will always be a few morons at Hampden.

This,we didn't know they had started their national anthem we were well into the second verse of FOS,this will be the same band incidentally that were cheered down the main strip,playing tunes we didn't know but still cheered all the same.

Hagar the Horrible

Mods - this thread was created for blatant trolling purposes.

Please close.

Err no it was'nt

We are accustomed to the 2 verses being played and have always sung the 2 so the fans sung the 2 verses. This meant that the fans hadn't finished our anthem until a few seconds into the Lithuanian one

That seems a perfectly plausible explanation. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn't put it past Hamish Husband to be in the papers on Wednesday morning telling us all it was 'jolly craicsters' who were booing. :down:

Err no it was'nt

You would say that, but you started the thread with an agenda, and have pulled in all the usual suspects.

Unoriginal, and obvious trolling by numbers.

Hagar the Horrible

You would say that, but you started the thread with an agenda, and have pulled in all the usual suspects.

Unoriginal, and obvious trolling by numbers.

Looks like i found one when I was'nt looking :thumbsup:

Correct.

Only one verse was played of FoS, no idea why as two are normally played. Once we had finished singing we realised the Lithuanian anthem had started and it was respected and applauded at the end, as normal.

Not that the truth fits in with anti-Scotland/TA posters views on here.

As for the Leichtenstein anthem, I guess some people will be completely unaware and boo, but most know what the script is and it will be respected as normal.

Mods - this thread was created for blatant trolling purposes.

Please close.

Ach leave it open for the usual anti-TA morons to make fools of themselves.

Looks like i found one when I was'nt looking :thumbsup:

Err... I don't think so.

If I had "bitten", it would mean that I responded to specifics of your post(s), which I have not.

Very lame effort, and you should quit before you embarrass yourself further. How old are you? 10?

Hagar the Horrible

Err... I don't think so.

If I had "bitten", it would mean that I responded to specifics of your post(s), which I have not.

Very lame effort, and you should quit before you embarrass yourself further. How old are you? 10?

Look I am not trolling, nor do I feel embarrased, just starting an honest debate about will the TA make a fool of themselves over a national anthem that some will just not understand and go all anti-english about the whole thing. feel free to contribute to the debate or ignore if its not your thing :geek:

just starting an honest debate about will the TA make a fool of themselves over a national anthem that some will just not understand and go all anti-english about the whole thing. feel free to contribute to the debate or ignore if its not your thing :geek:

No, you're just trying to start another anti-Scotland/TA thread, but carry on, make a fool of yourself if you choose although I would expect the moderators to start taking a dim view of this sort of trolling given that it makes JKB resemble a certain messageboard from Glasgow with it's anti Scotland tripe.

Hagar the Horrible

No, you're just trying to start another anti-Scotland/TA thread, but carry on, make a fool of yourself if you choose although I would expect the moderators to start taking a dim view of this sort of trolling given that it makes JKB resemble a certain messageboard from Glasgow with it's anti Scotland tripe.

I might be anti TA but not anti Scottish, I am a Scotland supporter and just hate what the TA has become, it used to be one in the same, but now some sort of political movement. but if you cannot take my word for it then I think you have more issues. I am not trolling for the record, and I trust the Mods to beleive me, if you do not for which I am sorry you cannot. but back to the actual topic of what will happen and should it be punished if this is the case and what would be appropriate?

I might be anti TA but not anti Scottish, I am a Scotland supporter and just hate what the TA has become, it used to be one in the same, but now some sort of political movement. but if you cannot take my word for it then I think you have more issues.

A political movement? pray tell what political shenanigans we have been involved in? Scotland supporter = Tartan Army, it's nickname for the support, which has been explained umpteen times on here before.

I am not trolling for the record, and I trust the Mods to beleive me, if you do not for which I am sorry you cannot. but back to the actual topic of what will happen and should it be punished if this is the case and what would be appropriate?

You are looking to criticise over an incident that has not happened as the game has not taken place. I already explained that some half-wits who dont know any better will no doubt briefly boo, but the majority of TA know what the script is.

The White Cockade

This from the Rangers Rioters in Manchester apologist

When will the Mods clear out this troller for good......

Not long back from Kaunus where I peed in the street and swam in the fountain

I am absolutely gutted that I cannot make the game tommorow to boo the anthem of tyranny

Sadly there are eejits that will boo without thinking.

I ask anyone there to dig anyone booing in the ribs.

I remember it used to be regular that England fans would boo anyones national anthem, and I felt quite proud that my countryman werent as stupid/ignorant.

Sadly not the same anymore.

I condemn anyone acting without respect and dignity....whether booing a national anthem or disrupting a minutes silence at any ground in Scotland. To do one and criticise the other makes a person more ignorant and stupid as anyone who does either.

I am a proud Briton, fiercly proud to be part of the Union. I embrace being a Brit.

But i am a SCOTSMAN, pure and simple. Some of this anti-Scottish stuff on here is pathetic. For the record, i amn't particularly fond of the Nationalist political agenda driven by the Tartan Army; but we're all Scots FFS! ALBA GU BRATH!

I get your point and agree with some of it, but since Big Ben is a bell, we all probably have more faces than it. :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

Anyone else getting sick of the amount of TA bashing going on, yes there arseholes in their support, but there are also arseholes in the Hearts support.

Don't know if this has been discussed before but with the game tomorrow night has anybody noticed that our visitors have God Save the Queen as their national anthem, how will that go down?

There's been some poor, poor posts demonstrating breathtaking ignorance on this site but that takes the biscuit.

Oben am jungen Rhein

Lehnet sich Liechtenstein

An Alpenh?h'n.

Dies liebe Heimatland,

Das teure Vaterland,

Hat Gottes weise Hand

F?r uns erseh'n.

Hoch lebe Liechtenstein

Bl?hend am jungen Rhein,

Gl?cklich und treu.

Hoch leb' der F?rst vom Land,

Hoch unser Vaterland,

Durch Bruderliebe Band

Vereint und frei.

Translates as...

Up above the young Rhine

Lies Liechtenstein, resting

On Alpine heights.

This beloved homeland,

This dear fatherland

Was chosen for us by

God's wise hand.

Long live Liechtenstein,

Blossoming on the young Rhine,

Happy and faithful!

Long live the Prince of the Land,

Long live our fatherland,

Through bonds of brotherly love

united and free!

Don't see many mentions of auld Lizzie in there.

Yes, the tune is the same, but Liechtenstein's national anthem is quite clearly NOT God Save the Queen.

This was in the papers a couple of months back (just before the Mars bar story)and the **** that is the media voice of the TA (Hamish whats his puss) was rambling on that it wouldn't be boo'ed.

I hate hamish mchamish anyone got any idea how we can get rid of him. Oh and I mean as a spokesman I don't want him killed or anything

Some idiots will boo the Liechtenstein national anthem tomorrow.

Some idiots will boo the minute's applause for Jock Stein on Saturday.

Yet the hypocrits on here will still maintain that Hearts fans are morally superior to the 'Tartan Army' and use some people booing as an excuse not to support Scotland.

Yet the hypocrits on here will still maintain that Hearts fans are morally superior to the 'Tartan Army' and use some people booing as an excuse not to support Scotland.

All idiots are equal. But some are more equal than others.

jamboinglasgow

You add to that, some call James MacArthy and Aiden McGeady a traitor yet proudly boast how they no longer support Scotland and dont see the irony.

Anyone else getting sick of the amount of TA bashing going on, yes there arseholes in their support, but there are also arseholes in the Hearts support.

I assume you meant 'there are' been on many Scotland trips and can assure you there are many more arseholes at football grounds throughout Scotland every week than there are on Scotland trips. :thumbsup:

Some of the anti Scotland /TA venom on this message board makes me ashamed to be a Jambo.

:verymad:

Drylaw Hearts

You add to that, some call James MacArthy and Aiden McGeady a traitor yet proudly boast how they no longer support Scotland and dont see the irony.

Everytime this wonderful point is raised it is completely ignored by the those you refer to above.

It won't be any different this time.

when scotland played NORTHERN IRELAND in november of 2008 i think we would have heard god save the queen. no big problem it's only a song which is quickly forgotten because a football game begins!

The Treasurer

Correct.

Only one verse was played of FoS, no idea why as two are normally played. Once we had finished singing we realised the Lithuanian anthem had started and it was respected and applauded at the end, as normal.

So were you too pissed or had your heads too far up your own arses to listen and realise that the accompanying music had finished and the announcement of the hosts anthem was about to be played.

So were you too pissed or had your heads too far up your own arses to listen and realise that the accompanying music had finished and the announcement of the hosts anthem was about to be played.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

You know exactly what the poster meant but it didn't suit your agenda, so you are trying to make something out of nothing. Very sad.

Since you are out to point score, here's one I'd like you to squirm out of:

Are you one of those that booed Aiden McGeady and James MacArthy because they turned their back on Scotland in favour of the Republic?

- If so, please explain what that has to do with you as you don't support Scotland, and neither players were eligible for England.

- Don't use the Celtic excuse as MacArthy played for Hamilton, who are a small insignificant club, and likewise their fanbase is too small to bother with.

- Now we have signed a Republic of Ireland player with 9 caps I trust you will be supporting him and his international prospects.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

You know exactly what the poster meant but it didn't suit your agenda, so you are trying to make something out of nothing. Very sad.

Since you are out to point score, here's one I'd like you to squirm out of:

Are you one of those that booed Aiden McGeady and James MacArthy because they turned their back on Scotland in favour of the Republic?

- If so, please explain what that has to do with you as you don't support Scotland, and neither players were eligible for England.

- Don't use the Celtic excuse as MacArthy played for Hamilton, who are a small insignificant club, and likewise their fanbase is too small to bother with.

- Now we have signed a Republic of Ireland player with 9 caps I trust you will be supporting him and his international prospects.

i don`t follow scotland particularly but i do wach them on tv and want them to win. i would boo both the players you mentioned at any opportunity.

i would also hope that steven elliott goes on to get caps for ireland while a hearts player and hoped the same when maybury played for hearts.

is this ok?

i don`t follow scotland particularly but i do wach them on tv and want them to win. i would boo both the players you mentioned at any opportunity.

i would also hope that steven elliott goes on to get caps for ireland while a hearts player and hoped the same when maybury played for hearts.

is this ok?

My post wasn't aimed at you in particular, and your reply clearly shows you don't fall into the category I mentioned.

I'm trying to weed out the hypocrisy of some on these TA/Scotland bashing threads.

My post wasn't aimed at you in particular, and your reply clearly shows you don't fall into the category I mentioned.

I'm trying to weed out the hypocrisy of some on these TA/Scotland bashing threads.

in what way are you trying to weed out hypocrisy?

EDIT: realiseed that sounded argumentative which wasn`t my aim just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Archived