Upgrading Digital Tv Packages

Jambo Hud316

At the moment we have the old Virgin Media box, we also have our broadband and home phone through Virgin.

We have the lowest tv package and with Sky Sports news now being removed have decided to upgrade our package.

Ideally we would be looking to try and get the new HD compatible box thrown in as a freebie, only interested in getting the Sky Sports channels and ESPN

Going to phone Virgin this week and as an existing customer see if I can get a decent deal.

Have checked the online sites and they are quoting prices from ?40 - ?55 a month to get the Sky Sports channels and ESPN....is this the realistic price I am looking at or has anyone had any success in phoning them and getting a cheaper deal direct

I'd consider going to Sky, BT or Virgin

Cheers for any help

CavySlaveJambo

Sports added is ?20.50 per month!! Espn is free if you take xl tv!!!

?22.50 from October.

IMO XL TV is way to cool. Nat Geographic has fast become my favourite channel. (Seconds from Disaster, Air Crash Investigations, Birth of Britain)

My bill from Virgin this month for 2 of your bog standard boxes, all sport and movie channels, broadband and phone was ?130!!!

I'm considering Sky meself.

Randle P McMurphy

got 2 staff offers that I can't get rid of if anyone fancies them:

We?ve just launched our best friends and family offer yet for new Sky TV customers! Your friends will be able to enjoy a treasure trove of Sky entertainment saving them up to ?516:

? Free Sky+HD box

? Half-price Sky TV for a year (save up to ?306)

? Free Sky HD Pack for a year (save ?120)

? Free standard set-up (save ?30)

? Half-price Sky Multiroom for a year (save ?60)

PM me if you want details. I have given offer codes to others on here in the past so nothing dodgy about it. The offer is only for new customers though.

My bill from Virgin this month for 2 of your bog standard boxes, all sport and movie channels, broadband and phone was ?130!!!

I'm considering Sky meself.

Call them and ask them to review your bill as you are not happy and think its overpriced.

i have XL package including ESPN, Sky sports and Movies as well as the HD versions of these channels and Broadbank and V+ box and then standard 2nd box, and a few deals on my phone bill and pay ?90.

i did pay ?93 without the sports HD, but called them last week and said that i want the sports HD channels but i am not paying any more, after arguing with an overseas call centre i was passed one based in the UK and got what i wanted and a reduced price

unless - you use your landline and run up a high phone bill i cant think why you would pay ?40 more than what i am paying

Call them and ask them to review your bill as you are not happy and think its overpriced.

i have XL package including ESPN, Sky sports and Movies as well as the HD versions of these channels and Broadbank and V+ box and then standard 2nd box, and a few deals on my phone bill and pay ?90.

i did pay ?93 without the sports HD, but called them last week and said that i want the sports HD channels but i am not paying any more, after arguing with an overseas call centre i was passed one based in the UK and got what i wanted and a reduced price

unless - you use your landline and run up a high phone bill i cant think why you would pay ?40 more than what i am paying

Agreed. That sounds about the same deal we're on, but we've also got 50mb broadband which was something like ?8 / month extra, but its been well worth it.

I'm paying ?73 per month for Virgin Media. I have been seriously thinking of getting it reviewed as I wouldn't be surprised if there are better offers.

- Landline (which I hardly use)

- XL TV

- V+

- Second Box without V+ in my bedroom (have to take this as part of the deal or it costs more!)

- Broadband (20Mb)

Archived